Looking Foward

ChessPlayer1

Chess I honestly don't know.

Are we better than last year, light years.

Can we contain wide playmaker receivers, the answer is yes. Most big plays so far have been holes in the zone coverage.

But we haven't face a Brees, someone who finds holes in defenses like he reads the english language. To beat the Saints, The entire defense must play.

Brees has to be pressured, the Linebackers must disquise coverage and blitzes, and the secondary must not be beat when in coverage.

We haven't faced an offense at the Saints level yet, so we will see.

Chess I honestly don't know.

Are we better than last year, light years.

Can we contain wide playmaker receivers, the answer is yes. Most big plays so far have been holes in the zone coverage.

But we haven't face a Brees, someone who finds holes in defenses like he reads the english language. To beat the Saints, The entire defense must play.

Brees has to be pressured, the Linebackers must disquise coverage and blitzes, and the secondary must not be beat when in coverage.

We haven't faced an offense at the Saints level yet, so we will see.

I agree completely. Im really happy to see improvement. I believe that we can actually macth up with the Saints.

Reggie bush out the backfield- spoon

Colston- Robinson

Shockley-lofton

Meachem-grimes/owens

D.henderson- grimes/owens/moore

I do not see a mismacth anywhere

I think that if there was ever a better time to play the Saints, it would be next week (because of the confidence our offense has, especially Matty.

Im not too worried about our Defense, because the truth is--you cant STOP the Saints Offense, you can only hope to contain them (and I do think our D will put up a respectful showing).

My real concern is with the Offense. Will our OLine create some holes for our running game to show up, and hopefully keep Saints Offense off the field? Will MM continue to give some different looks on offense in an effort to keep the defense guessing? And most importantly, will Matty take shots down the field when necessary, just to loosen up the D?

One thing I liked that I hadn't seen in while, was Matty was starting to work the WRs soooo much more than he usually did ever since Tony G arrived. Tony G draws soo much attention, that it leaves other players a chance to make plays -- and its the little things like that that makes us that much better.

Basically, I'm a firm believer that we have the proper tools in place to beat ANYBODY in the NFL, its just a matter if Matty/Coaching staff doesn't hold back and get to conservative, and Matty goes through his progressions like we all know he can, and doesn't frame his passes or 'Lock' on to anyone.

I think we beat NO in there house.

I like your thinking- Im really hoping that we can contain them when they run the screen play-you know that they will run screen plays.

I hope we can continue to play well on third downs.

I would like to see Willy Mo lack a vicious lick to set the tone.

I think that if there was ever a better time to play the Saints, it would be next week (because of the confidence our offense has, especially Matty.

Im not too worried about our Defense, because the truth is--you cant STOP the Saints Offense, you can only hope to contain them (and I do think our D will put up a respectful showing).

My real concern is with the Offense. Will our OLine create some holes for our running game to show up, and hopefully keep Saints Offense off the field? Will MM continue to give some different looks on offense in an effort to keep the defense guessing? And most importantly, will Matty take shots down the field when necessary, just to loosen up the D?

One thing I liked that I hadn't seen in while, was Matty was starting to work the WRs soooo much more than he usually did ever since Tony G arrived. Tony G draws soo much attention, that it leaves other players a chance to make plays -- and its the little things like that that makes us that much better.

Basically, I'm a firm believer that we have the proper tools in place to beat ANYBODY in the NFL, its just a matter if Matty/Coaching staff doesn't hold back and get to conservative, and Matty goes through his progressions like we all know he can, and doesn't frame his passes or 'Lock' on to anyone.

I think we beat NO in there house.

Matt seems to play the saints well. Matt is clutch when facing teams that must blitz to get pressure and Ryan, he really thrives in that enviroment. We are bringing one of the best QB's in the league for how they play ball.

We jsut can;t expect him to keep it up for 40 points, defense has to show up.

Edited by BadMoonRising

Dunta and Blitzing are key. Were we playig a zone d at certain points today?? I noticed Dunta look like he was getting burnt by Fitz or just dropping off him altogether.What up with that. Owens,Grimes and Franks have all looked better to this point. Dunta did have some good plays 2nd half though.

Can we shut them down?? NO

Can we keep up and Win??? yes

I think we'll win. All last year I'd say "Mistake-free Football" will beat the Saints. We cant fumble. No Ints. No Dropped passes. And definitely No Missed FGs! Take the plays that come to us, and recognize now that we'll give up some yardage because the Saints are a talented team. That way, there's no discouragement when it happens. Stay focused and WE WIN!!!!!

there is no way curtis can cover schockey man, but there are other options, besides, its not like we will be playing man coverrage all game against the saints, if we do that we will lose, this defense has really stepped up, they know they have a tough task against the saints but if we have been able to hold them the past 2 years and almost won both games last year then i think this year without injuries and some new players we can win this game... i hope jenkins is ready to play so we can move HD to the slot and with gonzo drawin all the atention at the middle of the field harry could have a big day.

both meetings last year we were able to run the ball on them, this oline needs to play like they never have before!, if we can run the ball and give 60%snaps to turner and 40% snelling we will winn the game

I agree- Lofton would have a problem covering shockley for a long period of time,but for 3 seconds? I believe he can do that. After 3 seconds I expect some pressure to be in drew's face.

I feel pretty good about our odds. We almost beat them last year in their house, and we almost beat them in our house when we were, for all intents and purposes, playing our second string team.

Sure, "almost" counts for nothing when it comes to wins and losses, but if we almost did it then ... and we're much improved now ... and we're riding a confidence and motivational high from yesterday ...

You see where I'm going with this. :P