How was the Atmosphere in the Dome Today?

FalcD56

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was tough to tell as I watched the game on my laptop. Was the game sold out? How loud was the crowd?

It wasn't too bad. The fans were still late as ever, regardless of the deals going on beforehand. I had to scream at the top of my lungs during 1st and 2nd down as always, but 3rd downs were okay. I would like to say it had to do with the fact that we were in total control all game, but I know better than that.

I ended up sitting in the club seats in the second half and the game takes on an entirely different perspective. It's more about flat screen TV's and top shelf liquor bars than it is about the action on the field. But at that point, the game was already a blowout so it's hard to tell.

Not a sell out, don't care what the papers say. I would say 55,000 max in the dome. The crowd was pretty good early and in parts of the 3rd quarter. Some down times like always. I'd give it a 6.5 - 7. They did the wave while we were on offense in the 3rd qtr.

We just need to keep winning and the crowds will come. But I think we're still way down from the fan base we had during the Vick years. Although it's clear by now that many fans back then were Vick fans more than falcon fans.

Not a sell out, don't care what the papers say. I would say 55,000 max in the dome. The crowd was pretty good early and in parts of the 3rd quarter. Some down times like always. I'd give it a 6.5 - 7. They did the wave while we were on offense in the 3rd qtr.

We just need to keep winning and the crowds will come. But I think we're still way down from the fan base we had during the Vick years. Although it's clear by now that many fans back then were Vick fans more than falcon fans.

Agreed. The majority of the fans at the game now are there to see the Falcons win, not the QB. It will only get better if we keep winning at home. We're now 14-3 in the TD/Smitty era at home. That isn't a stat to take lightly.

There being empty seats doesn't mean it was not a sell out. When they say it was a sell out it means all the tickets were sold in some fashion. There's always tickets available at ticket broker sites, and such, and you also have people that just don't show up. I'm thinking Blank may buy up some too, to prevent a blackout. Regardless, the dome should be full, and it's sad to see all the empty seats.

man what is up with the atliens? go freaking support the squad!

why do falcon fans show up to the stadium and are content with being comatose?

now obviously I'm not insinuating shanking other fans ha ha but come on!

somebody was saying in another thread that they will be shouting and cheering and other falcon fans would look at em wiered. Who does that?

you think jet fan does that? **** no! you think philly fan does that? **** no

It was good. A lot of empty seats in the first quarter and the crowd wasn't really loud on 3rd down, even with the Falcons showing a decibel meter on the monitors(btw, did anyone think that was just a video of a decibel meter and not active...it seemed to have the same movements every time). The Atlanta crowd requires a high profile game to really get them going.

The flags were nice. We ended up with 4 whites ones. I would have liked to have a couple of red ones though. I wonder if they expected us to use them like terrible towels or rally rags. If so, they're just too **** big for that. I had my daughters with me today(9 and 4) and I had to take them away from both of them because they continually hit the people in front of us. Something smaller, without a hard end would be better in the future.

The team looked good and it was a fun game to be at.

A huge percentage of available sports fans in the metro Atlanta area are :

1) College football fans FIRST..........everything else is a DISTANT second.College football is not a SPORT to them..............it's a religion.

2) Golfers by birth and by nature. They don't even know what the term "Blue Collar" means.

3) The NFL is a curiosity, a place where their college player heros ended up.

4) The Falcons would have to win back to back Super Bowls before this "white wine" crowd would pay serious attention to what's going on.

There's more, but you get the picture.

I try and not let the snooty fans get to me, I love to stand up and get loud, it's a FOOTBALL game for crying out loud. Atlanta has to be the top FAIRWEATHER city in the world, if the Falcons won the SB this year, it would be nuts in the Dome next year lol. Let's be honest, most of us on this board are DIEHARD fans that sat through the 2007/08 season, lol.

I was actually told by a person not to stand up so much. I was standing up and screaming for the defensive downs and when the offense made good plays. I am a Georgia student and go to UGA games and there we stand up for every play so I was kinda shocked when he told me and my boyfriend to sit down even though I was not standing up the whole time. What is the correct response to that cause I still want to enjoy the game but not be rude?

I was actually told by a person not to stand up so much. I was standing up and screaming for the defensive downs and when the offense made good plays. I am a Georgia student and go to UGA games and there we stand up for every play so I was kinda shocked when he told me and my boyfriend to sit down even though I was not standing up the whole time. What is the correct response to that cause I still want to enjoy the game but not be rude?

tell him to shut the **** up that this is a football game not a movie theatre

Frankly, I was disappointed. The dome got loud on a few 3rd down situations, but that seemed to be it. The dome was generally quiet enough so you could have a conversation with whomever was next to you. Even early in the game, a lot of the people sitting in my section seemed to be relatively disinterested in the game.

The dome had a lot of empty seats. It wasn't uncommon to see 10 consecutive unoccupied seats.

All that being said, I had a blast. I won't be able to talk tomorrow after screaming my lungs out today. Can't wait for the next game!

tell him to shut the **** up that this is a football game not a movie theatre

I wish somebody would tell me that. There would be a big problem.

Inexperienced fans dont know that there is a time to make noise and a time to be quiet during the game. There's a time to get up and a time to sit down. You can make noise in the seat as well as standing. I'll stand up during certain parts of the game but wont be standing the entire game. Heck, the people behind me cant see the game if I do that. If you take the persons advice that says to tell others to shut the u know what up, you'll probably wind up getting yourself in trouble.

Had some fool about 4 to 5 rows in front of me who was raising up a sign with a bunch of numbers on it. He didn't have the courtesy to understand that when he keep holding the big sign up, people behind him couldn't see the game.

No, its not ok to stand up and holler when our team has the ball and the players are trying to hear the snap count.

If someone screws up my game day experience because of thier fan inexperience, Ill be nice and polite initially; however, if it continues, I know that its going to be a long day for someone.....but not me :P :P :blink: :rolleyes: