Falcons vs Saints

kmbutts

All homerism and kidding aside, I looking forward to a hard fought spirited contest between these two rivals, injury free I hope. The winner of this game I think has the edge on winning the NFC South.

So laying Falcon Pride aside, Good luck next week Saints!

No disrespect intended, but I don't even think it will be close. Saints by 14 or more. Talent and coaching are not even close.......... And remember 1 wide receiver does not make a whole receiving core. I admit he's good, but you've got nothing after that.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I kinda doubt SF follows up a stinkeroo on the road with another one in thier home opener. Even though that team is primed for a meltdown from top to bottom, I expect a battle.

On any given Sunday, I suppose but I see the Saints puttin' a big time hurt on the 9ers.

On any given Sunday, I suppose but I see the Saints puttin' a big time hurt on the 9ers.

Which should lead in to a game that really doesn't need much buildup considering the past history between the the two.

Falcons and Saints, heated rivalry, divisional opponents, both coming off dominating wins.

It's gonna be a good one, folks!

We'll see if it has any effect HW. The long break then the short week is a hard way to start the season.

Well yeah, actually, I hate the way our schedule is laid out. It's gonna be like this a lot of weeks because we have a Thanksgiving Day game in addition to some other Sunday and Monday night games. Hopefully the team can adjust and roll with it. This is a winnable game but home underdogs have historically done pretty well on MNF. I just hope the team is focused tonight then we can just deal with next week when it comes and ideally be 2-0 going into it.

Edited by HarmonWages

HR, remember the famous silent snap count up in Minnesota at the Metrodome. We won that when no one gave us a chance!

No false starts that day...one of Reeves better coaching moments of his career!

Take a look at the Steelers game or go back to Arizona playoffs. If we use a static snap count, then an opportunistic defense is going to be very disruptive.

I will reserve my actual prediction for the showdown next week in New Orleans until after tonight's Saints/49er game. But until then, congrats Falcon fans on the big victory yesterday.

The only thing this week that will have any effect on next week is if the saints have any injuries.

Other then that if the saints win or lose by 50 that would change the fact next week will be a knock down drag out that are nfc south games.

Yes so far I haven't heard any official report on Reggie Bush, but it didn't look good seeing him come off the field the way he did.

In any case, congratulations to the Falcons on their huge, dominating win against the Cardinals...the game this coming weekend is setting up to be a great matchup, as it almost always is when the Falcons and Saints meet. So far, out offense has not been clicking on nearly as many cylinders so far this season as it did most of last year, and with Bush evidently being out we are now further hampered. As for our defense, the Niners moved the ball up and down the field on several occasions, but they were done in by turnovers...I suppose a combination of their own sloppiness and the Saints bending but not breaking and relying on takeaways on defense, much as we did for a large part of last season...

Meanwhile, you guys' offense yesterday looked excellent...Matty was lights out with most of his throws and Snelling stepped up big time...a repeat performance by them this coming Sunday could spell trouble for our defense...

Looking forward to a good, hard fought, competitive game, with no additional injuries on either side...more than likely in spite of the Bucs somewhat surprising 2-0 start, the winner of this game will be able to take control of the division...