An open letter to the Jumbotron Guru in The Georgia Dome

Capitalist

Dear Sir...

No matter how fabulous the highlight might be by the Eagles QB today against a marginal Lions defense. Please feel free to avoid showing it in the Dome.

I can generally appreciate highlights from around the NFL. But when "Falcons" fans cheer louder for opposing QB's than for our team. It hurts my feelings and bruises my Falcons Pride.

Given the spectacle last year when the Eagles played in the dome. I'm certain you understand. Feel free to avoid pressing the button or having a few technical difficulties.

If you need a higher level request than just a season ticket holder. Contact Arthur Blank, CEO and President. He also wants our fans concentrated on the task at hand. Beating the Cardinals soundly.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Best Regards...

While you're at it, if you could tell the Home Dome clock operator NOT TO LEAVE ONE MORE FRIGGIN SECOND ON THE CLOCK for Arizona to run one more Hail Mary play.

That got me HOT yesterday, watching the clock STOP the minute the ball hit the ground, before the whistle and all. He let Az have one more play that could have been disasterous.

D@mn home team clock operator.

While you're at it, if you could tell the Home Dome clock operator NOT TO LEAVE ONE MORE FRIGGIN SECOND ON THE CLOCK for Arizona to run one more Hail Mary play.

That got me HOT yesterday, watching the clock STOP the minute the ball hit the ground, before the whistle and all. He let Az have one more play that could have been disasterous.

D@mn home team clock operator.

For what it is worth, time is also kept on the field, which is why the Refs added time twice yesterday.

OK - how about this.

They had a soldiers Wife and 2 little boys on the field - and they had the soldier on the phone - talking to them on the megatron.

It was awesome - and the littlest boy just melted my heart waving at his dad.

They flash to the wifes face as it ends.

THEN a public service announcement.......

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE - WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!

I was like - Are you kiddin'?

OK - how about this.

They had a soldiers Wife and 2 little boys on the field - and they had the soldier on the phone - talking to them on the megatron.

You're forgetting that these things are run by people who can't qualify for a job at McDonalds.

OK - how about this.

I didn't even think about that, that's pretty bad. The consistency of the board messages/displays is in dire need of some work. The graphics are nice and they're better than they have been in past years but it stills seems like there's a kid with ADD running the boards.

Let's not show Finns great catch again, rather a Redzone blurb so fast you only see half of the play. :wacko:

I won't even get into the hyper active music that was being played yesterday. I guess they heard the complaints by some about Bon Jovi being played so they play Alvin and the Jovi yesterday instead. Or how about playing Enter Sandman to start the player intros, cutting it off midstream and playing another song? :lol:

Gotta love those Falcons! :P :D

You're forgetting that these things are run by people who can't qualify for a job at McDonalds.

She's not talking about the concession stands now. :lol: Just a hint for the "bottom less ________" promotion... have a line dedicated to those 2 items and they'll work a lot better. I enjoyed my bottomless drink but having to wait behind a woman counting out pennies yesterday was a little painful.

Maybe its a sign we have a good team when the fans have to ***** about every ittle bittle single thing.. Good grief.

Here's the thing, as a STH I know I paid somewhere for those two new HD Jumbotrons, I'd at least like to see them utilized to their fullest. I don't have a problem with ads or even silly promotions being run on them, it's just the overall package isn't very good this year. When you attend games the music/displays/game/lighting all play into the total show. When compared to another form of entertainment the poor Jumbotron/music usage is similar to a giant black scratch running down the side of the movie you're watching in a theater. Does it ruin the overall movie? Probably not but it can be really annoying given the entire package. It's something you can try to ignore but it does draw your attention.