Is there a rising swell concerning Mark Richt or is he still a god?

Nono

I feel really bad right now about the Dawgs--losing to Pestinko in Athens. I honestly think this will pass if the defense can step up. Aaron Murray showed a lot of improvement and Hutson Mason and Christiam Lemay are on his heels.

I can't help but hear all the grumbling that started last year surrounding Mark Richt and whether he is untouchable or not. another 6-5 season could rock him out of town. UGA is going to have to surprise Florida or Auburn to save his job. I really think he is a bit more nervous on and off the field. He has always been known for his calm demeanor but things have changed a bit and he has gained quite a few pounds too.

What is your feel for this years team?

Edited by Nono

I said before the season that Georgia was going to be in for a rough year, and that was before anyone even knew about Green's suspension. You didn't just hire a new defensive coordinator. You completely overhauled your entire defensive alignment and philosophy. That takes time to instill. You can't just POOF and hope that everything magically figures itself out. Alabama went 6-6 in Saban's first year under their new 3-4 scheme, and then went undefeated in the regular season before losing their last two games the next year.

You've got to recruit an entirely new breed of athlete for the 3-4 defense now. You can't just put defensive tackles at the defensive end position and put a bunch of fast linebackers on the field and call it a 3-4, it's going to take time.

Plus you have a freshman quarterback in the SEC. Just let the next few years play out.

I said before the season that Georgia was going to be in for a rough year, and that was before anyone even knew about Green's suspension. You didn't just hire a new defensive coordinator. You completely overhauled your entire defensive alignment and philosophy. That takes time to instill. You can't just POOF and hope that everything magically figures itself out. Alabama went 6-6 in Saban's first year under their new 3-4 scheme, and then went undefeated in the regular season before losing their last two games the next year.

You've got to recruit an entirely new breed of athlete for the 3-4 defense now. You can't just put defensive tackles at the defensive end position and put a bunch of fast linebackers on the field and call it a 3-4, it's going to take time.

Plus you have a freshman quarterback in the SEC. Just let the next few years play out.

very true.