Mike Smith 790 the zone interview

atljbo

Yep, and that is, about as close to direct critisism on an offensive performance as I've heard him utter. Comments towards the end of the interview, comments like "When we get open Rcvrs, we have to make sure we make catchable throws", and "When Rcvrs have a chance to make a grab, they have to make them", something along those line. Wonder if those were subtle digs at Ryan and our Rcving corps?

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Yep, and that is, about as close to direct critisism on an offensive performance as I've heard him utter. Comments towards the end of the interview, comments like "When we get open Rcvrs, we have to make sure we make catchable throws", and "When Rcvrs have a chance to make a grab, they have to make them", something along those line. Wonder if those were subtle digs at Ryan and our Rcving corps?

How is that subtle? The players know they didn't play up to expectations, they'll be fine in the long run.

I do like Smith's response to the Ryan question, local sports radio hosts are about as low as it gets on the sports reporting scale and he just about let them know it.

How is that subtle? The players know they didn't play up to expectations, they'll be fine in the long run.

I do like Smith's response to the Ryan question, local sports radio hosts are about as low as it gets on the sports reporting scale and he just about let them know it.

In all fairness, prior to those comments, he did make mention of the fact that our longest gain on the ground was 7 yds. It's just seems like to me, that he was calling the Offensive performance abysmal, which, imo, it was.

Good response tho, by Smitty, on the Ryan question.

Utterly ridiculous, I believe that for sure, but....

If it was true wouldn't he say the same thing? This year will tell us a lot, but if you look at Matty's numbers compared to top qb's at his age, he is pretty much on par. He is better then Drew Brees was !!! :wub:

If he had a little more time on the oline, he would be much improved, so that is on the coaching staff.