My Thoughts on the SS situation.

Upstate NY Falcon

Everyone on this board can agree that picking up Erick Coleman in free agency was a good move, he has been a solid player throughout his NFL career and has been a big player in our secondary and has really kept this group together throughout all of the turmoil.

We have a great young safety that goes by the name of William Moore and sometime in the near future as long as he drinks his milk will be handed the reigns by Erick and will take over at SS. I think the situation right now with Erick being hurt could be a great opportunity for William to get some regular season playing time.

Consider this. If Erick is on the fence as far as if he is ready to go, we can sit him this week and give him time to fully recover rather than rush him out that and risk further injury and let Moore show us what he can do with the spotlight on. If he struggles, we can always put Coleman back in. And if he does good/great, we can have a healthy competition for the starting SS spot, and no matter who starts, he has a starting quality backup behind him.

I just think if we don't give #25 a chance to hit other players when the games count soon, he could end up hurting one of our own players ;)

Thoughts ended.

Everyone on this board can agree that picking up Erick Coleman in free agency was a good move, he has been a solid player throughout his NFL career and has been a big player in our secondary and has really kept this group together throughout all of the turmoil.

We have a great young safety that goes by the name of William Moore and sometime in the near future as long as he drinks his milk will be handed the reigns by Erick and will take over at SS. I think the situation right now with Erick being hurt could be a great opportunity for William to get some regular season playing time.

Consider this. If Erick is on the fence as far as if he is ready to go, we can sit him this week and give him time to fully recover rather than rush him out that and risk further injury and let Moore show us what he can do with the spotlight on. If he struggles, we can always put Coleman back in. And if he does good/great, we can have a healthy competition for the starting SS spot, and no matter who starts, he has a starting quality backup behind him.

I just think if we don't give #25 a chance to hit other players when the games count soon, he could end up hurting one of our own players ;)

Thoughts ended.

I have been very please with Coleman's play. He is a very good Safety and hits hard. But, I can't wait to see William Moore with some extended playing time.

If Coleman is missing practices and such then Moore should, and probably will, get the start Sunday. I would love to see what Moore is capable of with a full, healthy, season; but we can't just discard Coleman this year. Still, while Coleman isn't 100%, we should get in a guy who is...and I think Moore matches up better with Arizona's WR's.