inside the nfl

deezyd

They said they they heard a few voices around the falcon camp wondering if matty was really gonna b a superstar or jus gonna be a good nfl QB.....me I wouldn't say superstar but he'll get pretty darn close

That was just Jamie Dukes saying that.. His lips are still snuggly planted on Vicks sack

Look, I love M. Ryan more than anyone. But its not like he hasn't giving these idiots some ammo to shoot at him with. I think he will be an elite QB, and sooner rather than later. Sunday was game 1, and he didnt average, but not great. But there are 15 more, and I know he will prove them wrong.

Phil Simms is on the radio right now and he confirmed that he's heard the same whispers about Matt Ryan and that it came out of the Falcons front office.

Other things he said:

Matt Ryan is good but people want great.

No question that he's a NFL starting QB, a franchise QB.

Team/coaches have to be more aggressive.

The accolades that Matt Ryan got in his first year were too big to live up too his 2nd year because the Falcons aren't an elite team. You can't expect elite QB play until you upgrade the team.

He thinks that arm strength and throwing down the field is important. He said that's what separates Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees from other QB's in the league. He said that they always keep their eyes down the field instead of looking for the 4 yard completion.

There were other things said but my ancient desktop froze up on me haha

It's clear to those in Atlanta that some Falcons fans are growing impatient with QB Matt Ryan, who has yet to take the big step some were expecting after an impressive rookie year in 2008. While GM Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Mike Smith would no doubt like to see more production from Ryan, we hear they are not disheartened when it comes to the third-year veteran's long-term prospects. Ryan threw 11 interceptions in a six-game span last season — he threw 11 picks in 16 starts as a rookie — and struggled vs. the Steelers in Week One, telegraphing a pass toward WR Roddy White that resulted in an interception late in the fourth quarter. It wasn't an ideal start for a team that is expected to compete for the NFC South title. We're told the Falcons believe Ryan is learning from his mistakes, and the young QB doesn't seem to be losing any confidence.

http://www.profootba...g-from-mistakes

People need to f'in chill out. This includes ANYONE in the Falcons organization thinking Matt is not a legit Franchise QB for our team.

First off he played a good game in Pitt, one of the best defenses in the league and when he went no huddle and was calling his own plays he moved the ball well. Secondly the INT was simply an awesome play by Troy who is one of the best players in the league.

If the media, fans and people in the organization are going to start second guessing him this early in his career then what do they purpose we do?

Other elite top flight QB's were given alot more of a chance and went through serious struggles before becoming great.

Matt has hardly struggled yet, he still has poise and the ability to drive on teams, last year his completion percentage may have been down but his TD to INT ratio was better and he had 6 more TD's while missing 3 games, came back and player through pain to help us win 3 in a row and break the curse.

I just do not understand all these snap judgments on Ryan right now especially the fact he did not play bad in the Pitt game. And even if he did play bad, had 3int's 50% completion percentage etc. every QB has a bad game.

His body of works show he is a good young QB with true leadership abilities and he has done it on the field. The number for his 1st two season are very very impressive for a QB that started right away.

Seriously if this stupid rumor mongering chatter keeps going and effect Matt or our front office I hope they freaking burn for it because it is not deserved in the least.

Matt is the least of our problems and is one of our best assets.

These wild knee jerk reactions are something I'd see from a 2 year old child not grown men who have played the game like some of these so called analysts.

So there are analysts all over the map stating that they have heard scuttlebutt about Ryan and his ability to become an above average QB and some on here think they are all making up BS?

Um, this is exactly what the realistic people around here have said about him since last year. Now we know even people in the organization are spitting it, Blank even put pressure on Ryan at the beginning of the year.

It's obvious to everyone but the staunch homers of Matt "Chad Pennington" Ryan.

At least we know we have a relevant player at QB, for shows that only air once a day or weekly to talk about our team means the player and the team are relevant and there's high expectations for both. There are plenty of teams that are not being talked about that did well/played poorly this week that are not being talked about much, those are the fans and organizations that truly need to worry.

Are ya really suprised that "they" r shoveling dirt on us? The media has always had it in 4 us n tht will never change until we become a contender for an extended period of time or wina a SB and not b a 1 yr wonder (08). And for the criticism on Matt, sry 2 say but tht is what happens when u lose 2 a team w/ a 3rd string QB.

I wish we were hearing whispers about Mularkey's future and potential rather than Ryan's.

I can't judge how good Ryan is or can be until he gets better scheming, variety of plays, a decent screen game, slants, and 5-wide spread-the-field plays with deep options called or prepared for him. May take a better LT before his potential is realized also.

Mularkey's offensive scheme has sucked since Turner ran wild on bad defenses in 2008.

People need to f'in chill out. This includes ANYONE in the Falcons organization thinking Matt is not a legit Franchise QB for our team.

First off he played a good game in Pitt, one of the best defenses in the league and when he went no huddle and was calling his own plays he moved the ball well. Secondly the INT was simply an awesome play by Troy who is one of the best players in the league.

If the media, fans and people in the organization are going to start second guessing him this early in his career then what do they purpose we do?

Other elite top flight QB's were given alot more of a chance and went through serious struggles before becoming great.

Matt has hardly struggled yet, he still has poise and the ability to drive on teams, last year his completion percentage may have been down but his TD to INT ratio was better and he had 6 more TD's while missing 3 games, came back and player through pain to help us win 3 in a row and break the curse.

I just do not understand all these snap judgments on Ryan right now especially the fact he did not play bad in the Pitt game. And even if he did play bad, had 3int's 50% completion percentage etc. every QB has a bad game.

His body of works show he is a good young QB with true leadership abilities and he has done it on the field. The number for his 1st two season are very very impressive for a QB that started right away.

Seriously if this stupid rumor mongering chatter keeps going and effect Matt or our front office I hope they freaking burn for it because it is not deserved in the least.

Matt is the least of our problems and is one of our best assets.

These wild knee jerk reactions are something I'd see from a 2 year old child not grown men who have played the game like some of these so called analysts.

agreed....look at the weapons they got for manning too,they went out and set him up nicely