Computer help needed please

Isosceles

Hi!

It's called "Animalware Doctor." It won't go away.

Another is called "Stopzilla." It actually came off Clark Howard's web page. Supposed to be a "free" spyware removal but turned out to require a purchase in order to remove anything.

My McAfee doesn't catch any of these so McAfee sucks and I won't be buying it again.

I have Windows Vista on my laptop. And I can't do a "Run" with it. Sucks as well.

I called the Geek Squad but they can't/won't answer simple questions but want to Geek talk me to death and have me come in so they can charge me hundreds of dollars.

Thanks for any help.

Joe

P.S. I'll take it somewhere if I have to.

I'll look into them flip sorry.

2tears, I don't know what's up with the link, but I don't trust links anymore. It nearly messed me up. sorry dude (if you were trying to help).

Best removal tools I have found:

Malware Bytes - Free version and a pro version you can purchase

Stomp X - You have to purchase this one

You need McAfee or Norton. They don't help much with spyware but they are absolutely neccesary for virus protection.

Best removal tools I have found:

Malware Bytes - Free version and a pro version you can purchase

Stomp X - You have to purchase this one

You need McAfee or Norton. They don't help much with spyware but they are absolutely neccesary for virus protection.

No you don't. McAfee is utter garbage. I'll refrain from telling you some stories about them, cause that could get me in trouble. Use AVG. Yeah, it's not great, but it's free, and it doesn't take control of your system during a scan like McAfee or Norton. It also won't take out your whole computer during a corrupted code push (McAfee).

I can't remember what spyware program I use anymore. It's free, and pretty good. I've just gotten in the habit of removing any malware/spyware/virus by hand, so I don't use it much anymore.

This site is great it's helped me numerous times. Don't worry about this site joejoejoe it's legit.

I had a similar problem with a rougue anti-virus and some maleware that i couldnt get rid of, and none of the anti-spyware programs would work. Like Super Anti-spyware, Malware bytes, Spybot S&D, Etc.

In case they don't work for you i DL'ed these programs here's what i had to do...

Go into safe mode

DL and Run RKill (it stops processes that are known malware)

DL and run CCleaner

DL and run ComboFix (ONLY get it from the site 2tearsinabucket listed)

The run your anti-spyware stuff.

This worked every time for me.

Malware Bytes and Spybot, Search and Destroy are good. if you have the rouge anti virus program that is actually spyware/adware, you might as well back up what you want to keep and reformat. that thing has become a MAJOR pain to clean. i work in an IT dept. at a health care facility and i've wasted many hours trying to clean it on some computers and should have just reformatted. at first, it could be cleaned pretty easily with some elbow grease, but it got to where it disguised itself from Malware Bytes and Spybot so that they wouldn't recognize it when they scanned. it can be cleaned, but it's a mother. best of luck to ya regardless of what spyware you have.

Opensource, that's what I want to do....do it by hand. Show/tell me how. Vista won't let me do what windows used to be able to do, so it seems.

J

No you don't. McAfee is utter garbage. I'll refrain from telling you some stories about them, cause that could get me in trouble. Use AVG. Yeah, it's not great, but it's free, and it doesn't take control of your system during a scan like McAfee or Norton. It also won't take out your whole computer during a corrupted code push (McAfee).

I can't remember what spyware program I use anymore. It's free, and pretty good. I've just gotten in the habit of removing any malware/spyware/virus by hand, so I don't use it much anymore.

Opensource, that's what I want to do....do it by hand. Show/tell me how. Vista won't let me do what windows used to be able to do, so it seems.

J

I would love to tell you, but I don't know what you are dealing with. Sorry I can't give you specifics. If I knew what it was, I could make a guess where to start looking. There's numerous places that the malware could write itself, so I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you to look. If you can figure out what the name of it is, I might be able to help you.

I would love to tell you, but I don't know what you are dealing with. Sorry I can't give you specifics. If I knew what it was, I could make a guess where to start looking. There's numerous places that the malware could write itself, so I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you to look. If you can figure out what the name of it is, I might be able to help you.

pm sent to you opensource.

Hey everybody, thanks for trying to help. I feel rather foolish to "let" this happen.

For now, I just can't click on anybody's link. I've lost trust in links, no matter who they come from. No offense ok?

Joe