The Beer-Man was stood str8 up and moved...

All game the coordinator was doing well with personnel and different packages. (Run downs and pass downs with #98 & #71)On the OT touchdown run on 1st down...already on the 50...only needed 15 - 20 yards for winning field goal. They weren't going to risk making a mistake with a 3rd QB already on our side of the field. (In my opinion they were thinking get as close to field goal range as possible with the run!) JA would've been in there for me. He's alright against the run, not moved or stood up as easily. Against Drew and the AINTS. teams like that..the Beer-man starts for me. 1st game...we got the pieces to play chess!!

All game the coordinator was doing well with personnel and different packages. (Run downs and pass downs with #98 & #71)On the OT touchdown run on 1st down...already on the 50...only needed 15 - 20 yards for winning field goal. They weren't going to risk making a mistake with a 3rd QB already on our side of the field. (In my opinion they were thinking get as close to field goal range as possible with the run!) JA would've been in there for me. He's alright against the run, not moved or stood up as easily. Against Drew and the AINTS. teams like that..the Beer-man starts for me. 1st game...we got the pieces to play chess!!

Actually, Biermann was held by Heath Miller big time on that play but oh well...

Grimes went into motion covering Hines Ward he didn't have an assignment on that side.

He isn't the one who missed his assignment.

Supposed to be a safety on the other side of that hole the Pitt OL made

If "Beerman " was not blow out of the hole no of this would have occured. He was pancaked several times on run plays and kifed inside on a screnn in the 1st quarter that he should have recognized. He is not rady for fulltime duty, especially on run downs, he is best for situational pass rushing until he can get a lot stronger and more experience. Starting him was a mistake.

If "Beerman " was not blow out of the hole no of this would have occured. He was pancaked several times on run plays and kifed inside on a screnn in the 1st quarter that he should have recognized. He is not rady for fulltime duty, especially on run downs, he is best for situational pass rushing until he can get a lot stronger and more experience. Starting him was a mistake.

DeCoud should have hung back for run coverage that play.

He didn't

Mendenhall blew right by him, and no one was left in the backfield to catch him coming through.

@capologist...maybe. There's holding on every play..you still need to be stout! The other posters are right.. somebody missed that gap by Beer-man getting illegally held and moved. My opinion at that point in the game.. that 1 down...Ja would've held up better against a TE or OL....on a running down. (thought that was an O-linmen the way he got stood str8 up then held and moved). Players has to be put in the right position at the right time to succeed.

lol.(I was being nice and political)..agree kinda on mistake of starting him..It stayed close...we did make it to OT with the Beer-man starting. If Big Ben was playing situation would have been different....Steelers thought process would have been different in my opinion. Maaannn! We have the pieces...they have to be put in the right place at the right time. Chess!.... Both sides!

He wasn't the only one blown up on that play. No one got penetration on that play. Our D locked tired on that play. Trey Lewis got pancaked also. The whole left side of the defensive got blown up on that play. Only time that happen the entire game. The one 10 yard run earlier in the game was a missed assignment by Weatherspoon. Also noticed the alignment was different, Weatherspoon had been playing over the tightend, but we were in our base 4-3. I think we tried to blitz Decoud to the outside.

We're still bitching and moaning man. One freakin play after stuffing their a$$es all game long. I'm movin on guys. We should have won that game on 5 or 6 drives down the field during the game. Instead, it was field goal practice time. I would prefer moaning about the 4th and 1 at the 5 weenie call. Worst thing woulda happened is we pin thier *** deep and forced a turnover or another punt...

mularkey should've never put the defense in that situation in the first place.

Honestly he didn't. Smith would have made the call about 4th down and 1, and in OT MM made good enough play calls to get a first down, BUT Baker held his man and cost the down. Also it was a horrible, crappy, putrid, disgusting PUNT, that set up the whole 50 yard line anyway.

So in OT you had a hold on kickoff costing 10 yards, Hold on 3rd down costing a first down and ten yards, and then a bad punt. That was the sequence that lost us that game, the icing on the cake was the horrible defense play after having a very good game.

mularkey should've never put the defense in that situation in the first place.

Some of you guys keep complaining about Mularkey's play calling but for the most part you are wrong. If you would notice Ryan changes the play about 7 out of 10 times. The play calling mistakes should be directed at Ryan for changing the plays moreso than the OC.

Some of you guys keep complaining about Mularkey's play calling but for the most part you are wrong. If you would notice Ryan changes the play about 7 out of 10 times. The play calling mistakes should be directed at Ryan for changing the plays moreso than the OC.

his offense. ryan gets a set of 3 or 5 plays i can't remember to choose from.

also it's mularkey's personell groupings.