Returned from Pittsburgh late last night...

RI Falcon

So after 11 hours of driving from Pittsburgh back home to Rhode Island, I have returned home from the game. Here are my impressions. Purely doing this out of boredom right now between classes haha. Food? Eh. This whole primanti brothers famous sandwich thing? not as good as everyone made it out to be haha. The city as a whole? Not very good. It's a pretty dirty city and there were a lot of spots while I was walking to the game where I purely felt uncomfortable walking there.

Now the fans. Overall, the fans were extremely nice and welcoming. Asking where I was from, what made me a Falcons fan, and even specifics such as where I go to school, what I'm studying, etc. Then there were some absolutely ******** fans, mostly further away from the statiums. Walking to the game I had one guy start shouting "Dog fighting fa**ot!" I'm not an eagles fan so idk where he was going with that one ;) I had a nice one "Hey Matt Ryan! Stay gay!" And finally, walking back from the stadium into the city after the game I had a group of ghetto kids start booing and shouting "f;lksajdf ksjckjla aklj;fd" i put random jumbled letters because I can't even tell if they were speaking english because their grammer was horrible and all their words slurred into one long sound.

I grabbed 8th row seats in section 111, which is right on the 50 yard line on the falcons side. During warmups I went right up front to the edge of the stands where they meet the field. None of the players said anything, I got a wave or two when I shouted out to them, but that was it. Mr. TD came over, said hello, thanked me for coming out, etc. Ironically, the nicest guy was jim mora jr. He talked to me for a good fifteen twenty minutes before he was needed elsewhere. You can tell he was just a purely nice guy.

The game.. I thought our defense played outstanding until that last play. Who cares if it was a third string quarterback? This guy made plays in college and he can make plays in the NFL, plain and simple. We shut them down and kept them out of the endzone. All these downer articles are NOT giving the steelers enough defensive credit.. these guys won the super bowl 2 years ago.. that defense is still there, theyre still good. And da** that stadium was loud. Starting the steelers first defensive play of the third quarter they played a pretty epic video of steelers players straight up smacking other guys on the field. It even got me pumped and the stadium was deafening at that point. Actually being that close to the field makes it tough to really evaluate everyone but I think defensive we played outstanding and i think we played well offensively against these guys. We SHOULD have had this game, we had two opportunities for picks dropped.. If we had even one of those it would have been game. But anyways, due to me not being able to see everything, how did robinson do? everytime I looked at him specifically he seemed to be pretty tight on the guy.

This photo is great, right before my pops snapped the photo the mascot shoved his and in my face haha

---correction, photo didn't attach for some reason.. no idea what to do haha

Thanx for your input. "Love, peace, and hair grease" LOL I really liked that show from

inside the locker room. They haven't even come close to anything that good by a

player before or since.

Thanx for your input. "Love, peace, and hair grease" LOL I really liked that show from

inside the locker room. They haven't even come close to anything that good by a

player before or since.

nah man definitely not, i mean david irons was pretty funny with his rookie diary but still. i feel weatherspoon should do a locker room show.. now he can bring some laughs i guarentee that. i just remember before some games during warmups theyd show freddie mac on tv singing some obscure old song like come on eileen

Edited by RI Falcon

I don't see what the fuss is with that town, its a ****hole with some nice areas. Its good that the people weren't complete knobs, as they are further east in that state. Too bad you didn't get to see the Falcons pull that one out, that drive home had to be even longer.

As for Robinson, I'm not ripping him after being out, but I'll say that he didn't impress and I have no idea what he was doing on that one play when he turned around to talk to the safety when a reception was made in front of him. I guess he thought the play was incomplete or something.

I don't see what the fuss is with that town, its a ****hole with some nice areas. Its good that the people weren't complete knobs, as they are further east in that state. Too bad you didn't get to see the Falcons pull that one out, that drive home had to be even longer.

As for Robinson, I'm not ripping him after being out, but I'll say that he didn't impress and I have no idea what he was doing on that one play when he turned around to talk to the safety when a reception was made in front of him. I guess he thought the play was incomplete or something.

yeah man, as a whole, pennsylvania is a gorgeous state, and im assuming all those fans that were actually cool weren't from inside the city. some fans at that game shoul dhave been using their money for a shower and clothes rather a football game. but was that what happened on the wide open pass to ward? i was watching dixon and next thing i know he throws it and ward is wide open

So after 11 hours of driving from Pittsburgh back home to Rhode Island, I have returned home from the game. Here are my impressions. Purely doing this out of boredom right now between classes haha. Food? Eh. This whole primanti brothers famous sandwich thing? not as good as everyone made it out to be haha. The city as a whole? Not very good. It's a pretty dirty city and there were a lot of spots while I was walking to the game where I purely felt uncomfortable walking there.

Now the fans. Overall, the fans were extremely nice and welcoming. Asking where I was from, what made me a Falcons fan, and even specifics such as where I go to school, what I'm studying, etc. Then there were some absolutely ******** fans, mostly further away from the statiums. Walking to the game I had one guy start shouting "Dog fighting fa**ot!" I'm not an eagles fan so idk where he was going with that one ;) I had a nice one "Hey Matt Ryan! Stay gay!" And finally, walking back from the stadium into the city after the game I had a group of ghetto kids start booing and shouting "f;lksajdf ksjckjla aklj;fd" i put random jumbled letters because I can't even tell if they were speaking english because their grammer was horrible and all their words slurred into one long sound.

I grabbed 8th row seats in section 111, which is right on the 50 yard line on the falcons side. During warmups I went right up front to the edge of the stands where they meet the field. None of the players said anything, I got a wave or two when I shouted out to them, but that was it. Mr. TD came over, said hello, thanked me for coming out, etc. Ironically, the nicest guy was jim mora jr. He talked to me for a good fifteen twenty minutes before he was needed elsewhere. You can tell he was just a purely nice guy.

The game.. I thought our defense played outstanding until that last play. Who cares if it was a third string quarterback? This guy made plays in college and he can make plays in the NFL, plain and simple. We shut them down and kept them out of the endzone. All these downer articles are NOT giving the steelers enough defensive credit.. these guys won the super bowl 2 years ago.. that defense is still there, theyre still good. And da** that stadium was loud. Starting the steelers first defensive play of the third quarter they played a pretty epic video of steelers players straight up smacking other guys on the field. It even got me pumped and the stadium was deafening at that point. Actually being that close to the field makes it tough to really evaluate everyone but I think defensive we played outstanding and i think we played well offensively against these guys. We SHOULD have had this game, we had two opportunities for picks dropped.. If we had even one of those it would have been game. But anyways, due to me not being able to see everything, how did robinson do? everytime I looked at him specifically he seemed to be pretty tight on the guy.

Great post and I agree with everything you said. The offense had opportunities that they missed out on, as did the defensive (dropping INT's) even though they played well. We make those plays and we win the game end of story. I'm also sick of the ZOMG we got beat by a 3rd string QB talk... no we didn't. We got beat by a good football team and anyone who thinks Dennis Dixon is a legit 3rd string QB, stop watching football.

Sunday's game was a competition between 2 playoff football teams. It was a hard nosed, playoff style football game in Week 1. Sure it would have been nice to steal a win @ Heinz but at the same time fans need to be looking towards the positives and build on that. Arizona comes into town this week and if our defense shows up like that again we are going to beat them up pretty good.

Great post and I agree with everything you said. The offense had opportunities that they missed out on, as did the defensive (dropping INT's) even though they played well. We make those plays and we win the game end of story. I'm also sick of the ZOMG we got beat by a 3rd string QB talk... no we didn't. We got beat by a good football team and anyone who thinks Dennis Dixon is a legit 3rd string QB, stop watching football.

Sunday's game was a competition between 2 playoff football teams. It was a hard nosed, playoff style football game in Week 1. Sure it would have been nice to steal a win @ Heinz but at the same time fans need to be looking towards the positives and build on that. Arizona comes into town this week and if our defense shows up like that again we are going to beat them up pretty good.

good to know there are still some people left with logic on this board haha.

I could've told you Primanti Bros. ain't all that. Those stores are tourist traps. Nobody from the city eats there unless they're taking friends/family from out of town who insist on going because, they saw it on some lame azz tv show.

Most people in the city are cool, but it IS a city, so there's bound to be a good deal of a-holes, too. Even the cool people can get a bit obnoxious when they're watching the Steelers or Pens and have had a few Iron City's. Again, this isn't too odd for any city with uber passionate fans.

Edited by k-train