Bucs@Panthers thoughts.

Big Bubba

There's gonna be more hard hits than a Steelers/Ravens game.

Hopefully both teams bring their 'A' Game. I'm saying the Panthers win, biased I know. Honestly though, if the Bucs get their defense back to their prior-to-meltdown '08 form, this can go either way.

Hopefully no injuries.

Oldest is definitely the Saints/Falcons. You have to admit though that since the NFCS was formed, It's been all about the Panthers/Bucs.

Panthers/Falcons don't get any love because in the early 00's, it was pretty much the Vick show, no rivalry when it's just one team winning really.

Saints/Falcons, under Payton, the Saints/Falcons are almost as bad as the Vick led Falcons/Panthers match-up.

Oldest is definitely the Saints/Falcons. You have to admit though that since the NFCS was formed, It's been all about the Panthers/Bucs.

Panthers/Falcons don't get any love because in the early 00's, it was pretty much the Vick show, no rivalry when it's just one team winning really.

Saints/Falcons, under Payton, the Saints/Falcons are almost as bad as the Vick led Falcons/Panthers match-up.

Umm... The Bucs hate the Falcons more than any team in the league. Nice try.

Umm... The Bucs hate the Falcons more than any team in the league. Nice try.

Not sure. Falcons didn't embarrass their #1 run defense while both teams were 9-3 and fighting to be NFCS Champs in '08, on MNF. Falcons haven't time and time again severely injured the Bucs' key players in recent years. All out brawls don't seem to almost break out after every 'controversial' play. The Bucs have every right to want to rip off the Panthers' heads. Cheap shot on Clifton last year still makes some Panther fans mad, I'd hate to imagine how Buc fans felt about it.

Maybe there's a few Buc fans that hate the Falcons more. In the same way that there were a few Panther fans that hated the Saints most during the heat of the Vick vs Panthers era.

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

alot of Atlanta QBs have beat up on Panthers....

i believe C Chandler never lost to um even once....

maybe once, but we had Panthers number from the time they joined the league till the second yr of the Mora era.... (2005)

only recently have panthers found a way to get a split with us, even in 07 maybe our worst team in 30 yrs when J Harrington was qb we found a way to beat Panthers.....

Falcons Saints are the best South Rivals

Not sure. Falcons didn't embarrass their #1 run defense while both teams were 9-3 and fighting to be NFCS Champs in '08, on MNF. Falcons haven't time and time again severely injured the Bucs' key players in recent years. All out brawls don't seem to almost break out after every 'controversial' play. The Bucs have every right to want to rip off the Panthers' heads. Cheap shot on Clifton last year still makes some Panther fans mad, I'd hate to imagine how Buc fans felt about it.

Maybe there's a few Buc fans that hate the Falcons more. In the same way that there were a few Panther fans that hated the Saints most during the heat of the Vick vs Panthers era.

They tried to put Rossum's eye out. Brawls don't break out after controversy, they break out after every play. And not just on the field.

alot of Atlanta QBs have beat up on Panthers....

i believe C Chandler never lost to um even once....

maybe once, but we had Panthers number from the time they joined the league till the second yr of the Mora era.... (2005)

only recently have panthers found a way to get a split with us, even in 07 maybe our worst team in 30 yrs when J Harrington was qb we found a way to beat Panthers.....

Falcons Saints are the best South Rivals

And the Panthers have beat the Falcons with DeAngelo Williams at the qb spot for most of the game.

Still, Panthers/Falcons aren't a good rivalry.

Falcons/Saints, MAY have been good back in the day, I don't know, I didn't pay attention to them.

The last 4 going on 5 years though, how can there be a rivalry if the Falcons just roll over for the Saints? I mean, Payton has punked the Falcons longer than Vick punked the Panthers.

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

Some times I hate the falcuts more than the Bucs winning. Not cause it's a good rivalry but the Bucs pwn the falcons. Sure the falcons have gotten the best of us lately but we still own the lead in series matchup.

Vick has a losing record against us and Sapp and Brooks pwnd the falcons before the Vick era.

As for the panties, I feel less comfortable about our matchups. I actually feel confident about us matching up with the aints, or falcnuts.

The Bucs always seem to find a way to lose the panthers even when we dominate the whole game.

I don't like the panthers cause Steve Smith leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I saw his age show last week and I'm pretty confident Talib can keep him in check.

Bucs 31

Panties 12

I honestly don't know what's going to happen. I would like to think that Fox will stick to the running game, use Smith when he needs to go deep, and use three running backs to control the game. But after the Giants game, I really don't know. Both quarterbacks--Freeman and whoever the Panthers start--could show a lot of inexperience, and it will probably be a sloppy game decided by who screws up the least. The defenses will be nasty, and there will definitely be some hits. But both teams have a few question marks right now.

As for best rivalry, it's still Saint-Falcons. Too much history. Bucs-Panthers has been hot lately, though.

Honestly, I'm hoping Clausen starts against the Bucs. If only to let Moore rest another week without fear of him getting another concussion in back to back weeks.

Clausen will have one thing going for him, the Bucs have no tape on the rookie as an nfl pro. Then Moore is hopefully ready for the Bengals.

but i'll make my pick anyway and give an analysis

the bucs are comming off a game where they were the better "bad" team agaisnt cleveland

the panthers are comming off a game, where they were the worst of 2 bad teams, seriously who cant beat that giants defense? speaking of defense, what happend to that number 1 pre season defense? i know panther fans havent learned that pre season doesnt matter yet,, but the panthers front 4 got no pressure on manning all day, the panthers o line on the other hand absoloutly sucks...even if there qb was competent he wouldnt have had a good day.

the panthers are a horrible team, and i think they take the cellar from the bucs this year they got 2 running backs and dont know how to use em, but thats all they have going for them....

in todays NFL you got to be able to pass the ball to win, and the bucs are better at that, the bucs defense is ready for the conservative predictable play calling of the panthers.

and win easily

21-7 bucs

but i'll make my pick anyway and give an analysis

the bucs are comming off a game where they were the better "bad" team agaisnt cleveland

the panthers are comming off a game, where they were the worst of 2 bad teams, seriously who cant beat that giants defense? speaking of defense, what happend to that number 1 pre season defense? i know panther fans havent learned that pre season doesnt matter yet,, but the panthers front 4 got no pressure on manning all day, the panthers o line on the other hand absoloutly sucks...even if there qb was competent he wouldnt have had a good day.

the panthers are a horrible team, and i think they take the cellar from the bucs this year they got 2 running backs and dont know how to use em, but thats all they have going for them....

in todays NFL you got to be able to pass the ball to win, and the bucs are better at that, the bucs defense is ready for the conservative predictable play calling of the panthers.

and win easily

21-7 bucs

The Falcons couldn't last year and when it's all said and done I bet the Giants have one of the better defenses in the NFL this year. I'm not Giants fan but I think they might win the East. Time will tell though.....

The Falcons couldn't last year and when it's all said and done I bet the Giants have one of the better defenses in the NFL this year. I'm not Giants fan but I think they might win the East. Time will tell though.....

the falcons scored over 30 points in a shoot out against the giants last year, there was no defense for either team....what are you talking about, do you watch football?

the falcons scored over 30 points in a shoot out against the giants last year, there was no defense for either team....what are you talking about, do you watch football?

WE couldn't out score them, the Panthers flat mashed them the next week right? DO I WATCH FOOTBALL??? :rolleyes:

EVERYGAME!

_-

Edited by Dirtybirdn@tion

i like the panthers in this game 13-10

and dude i dont know what games you have been watching between Saints and Falcons, but i dont remember us rolling over for them....ever

the last 2 yrs all 4 games have been 1 score games....

you would have to be a Saints or Falcon fan to get this rivalry

trust me, we get it... and always have since 1966

speaking of defense, what happend to that number 1 pre season defense? i know panther fans havent learned that pre season doesnt

What happened to that powerful preseason and projected regular season offense that the Falcons were supposed to have?

Falcons lost to a Big Benless Steelers team that was in the bottom half of the league last year when it came to pass defense. Don't bring up injuries to the Steelers that may have been the cause of their poor performance last season, otherwise you just look foolish for omitting the injuries and players less than 100% on the Giants defense last year.

What happened to that powerful preseason and projected regular season offense that the Falcons were supposed to have?

Falcons lost to a Big Benless Steelers team that was in the bottom half of the league last year when it came to pass defense. Don't bring up injuries to the Steelers that may have been the cause of their poor performance last season, otherwise you just look foolish for omitting the injuries and players less than 100% on the Giants defense last year.

i thought you said the falcons are gonna lose because of the steelers defense before the game, now your taling about big ben...your an idiot.

dennis dixon lead steelers team beat the ravens last year too, in baltimore, joe flacco must suck as well.

according to a few wise Falcon fans, yes, Flacco does suck.

I recall someone going off before the Falcon/Steelers game, about the Steelers defense not being nearly as good as advertised because of the "great" offense they've had over the years.

With Big Ben out, obviously their offense suffered and obviously their defense was a hallow shell because of it.