Honest opinion of our offense and where we go

matty72780

Does anyone else find it odd that the only time our offense gets into a rhythm and moves the ball is when were in the hurry up offense? Mularky's playing calling is AWFUL, and predictable. It baffles me to see Matt Ryan running the bootleg like he's Kordell Stewart from the Pittsburg days when Mularkey was their Offensive coordinator. Matt Ryan doesn't have the strongest arm and he needs to do more straight drops and stay in the pocket as opposed to running to bootleg where he's unable to set his feet and get the needed velocity to fire the ball to his receiver.

I agree that Matt Ryan missed a few passes that could of made a difference but the fact we didn't take any shots down the field, Pitt was all over us on nearly every play is just ridiculous! I mean does Mularky base his play selection on Techmo Bowl, it sure as heck looks like he only calls 4 different plays a game! I realize TD knows allot more than me or any of us but this really seems to not be working, he doesn't seem to play to Matt Ryans strengths, and its a recipe for disaster in my opinion, our offense is pure vanilla and this loss hurt! I know it's only one game but when your supposed to have the high powered offense we are and you can only muster 1 TD through 4 preseason games and 1 regular season game that's a red flag!

Do you guys think Mularky is on the hot seat with our front office? Do you think we fire him and promote Musgrave? How many games do we go before making a change if our offense keeps stalling?

P.S. - Mike Smith going for the tie, and then going into OT was an embarrassment and s spit in the face to his own team! If your coach doesn't have confidence in his players he will lose this team really quickly!

are we still running scripted no huddles or has Matt Ryan actually started calling plays...because there is a huge difference. and does Matt Ryan have any audible ability in this offense?

I believe that Matt Ryan is calling his own plays in the hurry up and I think he does have audible capabilities. I'm just curious how much longer we go with an offense that keeps stalling. Mularky has to be on the hot seat, I dont see how he couldnt be. I think Musgrave needs a shot. I mean there a reason why Mularky got fired in Buffalo (had the 31st ranked offense) and theres also a reason he got fired in Miami and a freaking TE coach! Counting last year were 5-7 thru our last 12 games, and Offense has been the biggest problem, when will we make a change?

Our current offense is boring and lackluster. We have a speed RB we rarely use. We run pass routes that are almost all comebacks and allow for very little YAC. Matt Ryan has begun to over think everything because that's what everyone is telling him he should do. Roddy is playing with fierce determination. We lean on Tony G too much and it becomes predictable. Eric Weems is tough as nails. Harry Douglas can be a super stud WR if our OC lets it happen. Our OL was sloppy Sunday (and I realize how good Pitt D is). And Michael Turner needs to go back to running with his head down.

And I think they're gonna make adjustments and fix all those things.

Go Falcons!

our offense sucks plain and simple...

I am not quite sure what is wrong... Mike turner, OL, roddy white, matt ryan, tony gonzalez, jerious norwood, HD... we got all the talent in the world but when it comes time to play we suck. I am thinking its the play calling but not sure.

Dont get me wrong , steelers D is amazing but we had 100 chances and only came up w 3 FG's.. We got outscored by a 3rd string QB with horrible OL and we cant really blame our defense .. they gave the offense way too many chances.

This offense is very boring and predictable. With 8 defensive players on the LOS, we try to run it down their throats for no gain. The league has gotten our system down pat. Why did we re-sign Norwood? He got his first carry in the 4th qtr. Turner does not have the speed to run every down. We need to mix it up and utilize all our RB's. Let Olvie block for Norwood more than once a game. It's getting very hard to watch this crap. We played a whole game and i didn't see one deep ball thrown. Mostly sideline thrown like the one that got intercepted. Palamoulu was on LOS on many plays and what do we do, run it. I see a record of 9-7 again, no playoffs.

Edited by Rickey

our offense sucks plain and simple...

I am not quite sure what is wrong... Mike turner, OL, roddy white, matt ryan, tony gonzalez, jerious norwood, HD... we got all the talent in the world but when it comes time to play we suck. I am thinking its the play calling but not sure.

Dont get me wrong , steelers D is amazing but we had 100 chances and only came up w 3 FG's.. We got outscored by a 3rd string QB with horrible OL and we cant really blame our defense .. they gave the offense way too many chances.

You make a good point. We have a probowler at every level (RB, WR, TE) which is more than you can say for allot of teams in this league yet we cant get one TD!!!!??? There is a bigger problem then "playing a good defense", or "our oline not playing up to par", I'm pointing the finger at Mularky and the more I think about it the more I think he needs to go. Musgrave deserves a shot, what can it hurt?

This offense is very boring and predictable. With 8 defensive players on the LOS, we try to run it down their throats for no gain. The league has gotten our system down pat. Why did we re-sign Norwood. He got his first carry in the 4th qtr. Turner does not have the speed to run every down. We need to mix it up and utilize all our RB. Let Olvie block for Norwood more than once a game. It's getting very hard to watch this crap. We played a whole game and i didn't see once deep ball thrown. Mostly sideline thrown like the one that got intercepted. Palamoulu was on LOS on many plays and what do we do, run it. I see a record of 9-7 again, no playoffs.

yup that seems like common sense. Norwood was actually gaining yardage in the game to the outside the few times we let him run. Agree on the boring part too... what football team doesnt call a screen pass when the opossing defense blitzes 95% of the time... MIND = BLOWN