To everyone who says Flacco is better then ryan

falconfan82

One thing is clear...Cam Cameron takes shots downfield!

That is the key point. I do not geht this comparison. You cannot compare a third pick with a mittle/late first round pick. Flaccos accuracy is really a concern for him.

But the Ravens take shots downfield. They are limiting the pass rush. You are not beat the pass rush with dink and dunk. You stop it with big plays!

again... jets defense is NOT better than pittsburgh's! those 10 points the ravens have, have been gifts from the jets defense because they were getting beat all the time and they are not stoping the run they way the steelers stopped us, an elite defense does not give the game away with penalties, LAST YEAR I LAST YEAR AND IS NO INDICATION THE JETS WILL HAVE AN ELITE DEFENSE THIS SEASON, and this game flacco has 100x (times) a better receiving corps and is overthrowing people and playing scared

And what are you basing the Steelers great defense on? Two years ago?

again... jets defense is NOT better than pittsburgh's! those 10 points the ravens have, have been gifts from the jets defense because they were getting beat all the time and they are not stoping the run the way the steelers stopped us, an elite defense does not give the game away with penalties, LAST YEAR IS LAST YEAR AND IS NO INDICATION THE JETS WILL HAVE AN ELITE DEFENSE THIS SEASON, and this game flacco has 100x (times) a better receiving corps and is overthrowing people and playing scared

Dude are you really serious? The jets only gave up 56 rushing yards. Jets have a number one defense. They have been on the field the whole freaking game and only gave up 10.

Scartch that just looked the stats up NYJ only gave up 50. Pitt gave up 58yds so going by your logic you should agree that NYJ have a better Def

Edited by Falcon316

they have carried that franchise for the last 6 years, they won 2 superbowls, all of their playmakers remain there, last year they lost polamalu (and you saw what a game changer he can be) and they are better coached and better schemed, rex ryan is a doosh, what arguments do you have for the jets defense? none

So I can't base anything this year off of last year for the Jets' defense, but you can use the past few years?

Ryan has assembled a great Ravens defense and a great Jets defense. I absolutely hate the guy, but he knows his stuff and it shows.

When will the Falcons fan base quit making excuses????

How many times do you have to compare QB's?

You want to know what Flacco did tonight that Ryan did not? he got the W.

All this message board ever does it tilt things to make their point.

Now Ryan is better. Why? because the Steelers D is better then the Jets D.

(give me a break)

All that is done here is make excuses and tilt everything you can imagine in Ryans favor to make him look better.

Bottom line and you can hate all you want to Flacco is showing to be better and everyone here knows it because you make every excuse possible to tilt the stats into Ryans favor.

But you also want to know what? WHO CARES!!!!!

Flacco is not a Falcon.. Never will be.

Guess what message board. Manning is better then Ryan. Brady is better then Ryan, Rogers is better then Ryan, Rivers is better then Ryan. Need I continue???

Football is a team sport. It is a team that wins and a team that loses.

Who Cares if Flacco is better or Ryan is better. You have been discussing this since they were drafted.

It does not matter. it matters how a team wins. The Ravens get the W when all is said and done. This is what the Faclons need to do. Get the W.

For the last time GET OFF OF FLACCO'S NUTS and stop making excuses. The Falcons as a TEAM need to figure out how to get WINS. You do not always need the best QB to do it. You need a team to do it.

Edited by georgebaja

true, but flacco had better protection and has 3 potential 1000yards receivers and a big threat passing RB... if you take that into consideration, there is no way you can say flacco is better than ryan

I don't think the margin between the two is as wide as some of you make it seem. I definitely think he showed more improvement over Matt Ryan last year. I think they're both fine young QB's there's areas of Flacco's game that I would love over Ryan and areas of Ryan's game that I would love over Flacco's. Both QB's have a high ceiling imo.