Bean & Geathers DNP vs SC

Billy Ocean

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/091310/foo_707182102.shtml

Backup nose guards Kwame Geathers and Justin Anderson did not play Saturday and have combined for nine snaps this season.

"We've got to probably get our bigger men in there - Bean (Anderson) and Geathers - find a way to get them in the game more," said Richt, who also wants end Abry Jones to play more.

"They played a lot of three-receiver sets, things that would force us or at least put us into more of a nickel situation. Our nose guards come out during that time, but we've just got to find a way to get them in there."

We play 3 DE's in nickel?!?!

Edited by Billy Ocean

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/091310/foo_707182102.shtml

Backup nose guards Kwame Geathers and Justin Anderson did not play Saturday and have combined for nine snaps this season.

"We've got to probably get our bigger men in there - Bean (Anderson) and Geathers - find a way to get them in the game more," said Richt, who also wants end Abry Jones to play more.

"They played a lot of three-receiver sets, things that would force us or at least put us into more of a nickel situation. Our nose guards come out during that time, but we've just got to find a way to get them in there."

We play 3 DE's in nickel?!?!

I'm thinking it's two DE's and two "regular" tackles, meaning not a nose tackle. I did see Dobbs lined up at tackle some.

We've played 2 games and we've hardly been in the 3-down-lineman set. And btw, we're not going to play many games where we can go 3-4. All the "Tyson is too small to play nose" talk is silly. He's played the 3-technique nose like 10 plays in 2 games.

And I dont care if Mount Cody was playing nose for us. If you dont tackle, it doesnt matter.

We've played 2 games and we've hardly been in the 3-down-lineman set. And btw, we're not going to play many games where we can go 3-4. All the "Tyson is too small to play nose" talk is silly. He's played the 3-technique nose like 10 plays in 2 games.

And I dont care if Mount Cody was playing nose for us. If you dont tackle, it doesnt matter.

yeah cmr talked about that.. we were playing in our nickel and justin and corny were playing as DEs. we haven't done a whole lot of the 3-4.

He played alot more than that. Go back and watch the games. Tyson has played alot at the NT position.