• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I would say this.

on paper he did--I agree but they lost too

I don't want to say this but it has been bugging me---this is supposed to be Mayy Ryan's breakout year and he is looking like a dink and dunk QB still---is it Matt or the game plan?

I don't want to say this but it has been bugging me---this is supposed to be Mayy Ryan's breakout year and he is looking like a dink and dunk QB still---is it Matt or the game plan?

I don't think you Can blame it on one person... I know we like to Point jenkins out as the weak spot in out offense, but i think he was missed. I hope getting him back will chance things a bit

Not having Jenkins in there changed things up a bit since we don't really have that "possession" type of WR w/o him there. The times where we were in the no huddle we did better, it wasn't a coincidence that those were also the plays Ryan was calling and not Mularky.

If only Ryan could live up to the broadcaster's accolades

This.

At one point he threw the ball away because nobody was open and Mora went on about how it was such a smart play that showed how special Matty was. All this talk about him being cerebral, a gym rat, student of the game and having "intagibles" is starting to get old.I want to see some of this preparation and potential turn into some more tangible results on the field.

I think it's more gameplan. I think he needs to improve late game decision-making though, but Mularkey and his playcalling is holding Matt and this offense back IMO.

lol...i called out MATTY ICE!!! at the bar I was at when we got the ball back at the end of the 4th thinking Ryan would drive us down the field. Polamalu is a he!! of a DB...i think that's why we saw more short routes, Polamalu is the last person you want to test deep in the defensive battle we had yesterday. and Ryan was saying all off-season long, take what the defense gives you, more checkdowns, more underneath throws...do people not read? that same mantra was repackaged in just about every article about the Falcons...

Log onto this board for the first time since before the game, this is the first thread I see.

The amount of stupid and fail that circulates this board sometimes, especially after a loss, is enough to make a ******** monkey look like pure Einstein caliber genius.

This thread is moronic, and anyone who had an IQ above Matt Ryan's jersey number is dumber for having read it.

so did matt schaub so why isnt their a thread about that????????or is it that the OP is a attention whore?????

Schaub threw for something like 108 yards while Texans RB went nuts (231 yards, 3 TDs) and they beat Indy. Gee, sure sounds like first game for Falcons from 2008...

If Ryan had thrown for 108 yards and we beat Pitt a ton of people would still be whining and saying Vick played better, blah blah blah.

Matts Interception was costly, but the rest of the **** game he played solid against a top defense in their house on the first game of the season.

He is not the best QB in the NFL but he played pretty **** solid with the groudn game getting man handled.

what **** game where you all watching?

I couldn't agree more!

Steelers defense is top 5 if not top 3 with Hampton and Polamalu healthy. With on ground game and minimal YAC as usual, Matt did OK.

Matts Interception was costly, but the rest of the **** game he played solid against a top defense in their house on the first game of the season.

He is not the best QB in the NFL but he played pretty **** solid with the groudn game getting man handled.

what **** game where you all watching?

Gotta agree here Ryan had one mistake on the game that ended up not costing us anything. I thought Matt played pretty good, 260YDS 61% completion percentage against the #1 defense in the league when Troy Palu is playing.

I'm throwing this out here but I think Jenkins is a bigger contributor on offense then most think. Not because of his WR skills but because of his blocking. He block like an extra o-linenman and when he is out Matt get alot more pressure and the running game falters.

Think of Jenkins as an o-lineman that catches 60 passes a year and his value comes into perspective.

This.

At one point he threw the ball away because nobody was open and Mora went on about how it was such a smart play that showed how special Matty was. All this talk about him being cerebral, a gym rat, student of the game and having "intagibles" is starting to get old.I want to see some of this preparation and potential turn into some more tangible results on the field.

*Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding* WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Man 3 of my friends were like "man I want Michael Vick back Arthur blank should have kept him he's got a beast arm" bla blah the truth is if we had kept him he wouldn't have as good as he is in Philly. He took things more seriously after nobody wanted him. My 2 cents

We had to get rid of Vick, he left the organization no choice...

I'm more disppointed we cut the string on DeAngelo so soon after watching how he has played the last 10 or so games in Washington.

Gotta agree here Ryan had one mistake on the game that ended up not costing us anything. I thought Matt played pretty good, 260YDS 61% completion percentage against the #1 defense in the league when Troy Palu is playing.

I'm throwing this out here but I think Jenkins is a bigger contributor on offense then most think. Not because of his WR skills but because of his blocking. He block like an extra o-linenman and when he is out Matt get alot more pressure and the running game falters.

Think of Jenkins as an o-lineman that catches 60 passes a year and his value comes into perspective.

lol...really man?