Did we not use our other WR's enough?

WCFalcon

Is it me or did we rely on Roddy TOO much. I read an article that said he was targeted 23 times out of Ryan's what, 43 passes? Roddy did have a great game no doubt about it but I think we didn't allow Harry to do much. Well, I was expecting him to make a lot more receptions today. Weems looked great when he received the ball. I think we relied too much on Roddy during the game.

Weems and Douglas did both do good as well. I'm hoping to see them have a bigger impact in the games to come.

Great game today Falcons, especially our D and Roddy.

Let's get the Cards next week!

Ryan zones in on Gonzalez and Roddy way too much. And He is horrible at disguising it - he eyeballs all his receivers. That is why he gets intercepted so much. Im starting to wonder if Ryan is ever going to take that next step to become a top-10 QB. Right now, Ryan is maybe the 15th best QB in the NFL. Mediocre. Not impressed with how he has regressed every season since he was drafted.

Ryan zones in on Gonzalez and Roddy way too much. And He is horrible at disguising it - he eyeballs all his receivers. That is why he gets intercepted so much. Im starting to wonder if Ryan is ever going to take that next step to become a top-10 QB. Right now, Ryan is maybe the 15th best QB in the NFL. Mediocre. Not impressed with how he has regressed every season since he was drafted.

Well I think too that defenses are starting to key in on him and he needs to make some major adjustments if he wants to be an elite QB.

Is it me or did we rely on Roddy TOO much. I read an article that said he was targeted 23 times out of Ryan's what, 43 passes? Roddy did have a great game no doubt about it but I think we didn't allow Harry to do much. Well, I was expecting him to make a lot more receptions today. Weems looked great when he received the ball. I think we relied too much on Roddy during the game.

Weems and Douglas did both do good as well. I'm hoping to see them have a bigger impact in the games to come.

I case you haven't noticed....Jenkins has been made a target 50% less than Roddy. Did you notice our #2 being made a target today? No....Ryan stared down Roddy all day and overthrew Gonzo all afternoon.... :unsure:

Matt looks for Roddy way too much! There are other receivers that have been open, especially Weems!! Go to spread the ball around!!!

I was going to post the same thing. In 2008 we went to RDub allot but the rest of the balls got spread. It seemed to help us allot because some no-name would come on the field and the other team just expected that person to take up space and low and behold the ball goes to that player. Since signing Gonzo I would say that 75% of balls go to him or RDub the rest of the team gets to split the remianing 25% which seems to make up about 6 passes a game. If only 2 players are getting the bulk of the balls you don't have to be Troy P to recognize a play the offense has already run and cut the route.

Anyone got any stats to show how few passes our other receivers have to fight over???

Are out other options that bad or does Matt only know/memorize TG/RW s routes???

Honestly, this makes me wonder if MJenk is better that allot are giving him credit for.

I think the biggest problem is that Matt is not going through his progressions. There were many instances today where receivers were wide open yet Matt was zoned in on a particular guy... he has got to stop doing that! Just go through your reads and pass the ball to the guy who is open!

I think the biggest problem is that Matt is not going through his progressions. There were many instances today where receivers were wide open yet Matt was zoned in on a particular guy... he has got to stop doing that! Just go through your reads and pass the ball to the guy who is open!

Yep, saw that too. One play he forced it to RDub and HD was right next to him wide open. this was particularly irritating as it was one of the only times we were close to the end zone and if HD made the catch we would've been on the 10 with a fresh set of downs. I understand not seeing an open WR if he's on the opposite side of the field but come on, he was right there.