Vincent Jackson to the Vikings?

falcon057

Vincent Jackson to the Vikings?

Posted on: September 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Posted by Andy Benoit

Anyone who saw the Season Opener Thursday night knows the Vikings need help at wide receiver. Bernard Berrian is clearly a No. 2 option; Percy Harvin, at this point, is clearly a No. 3. Yet, with Sidney Rice out, Berrian and Harvin are masquerading as the No. 1 and 2 receivers.

Friday, Henry Lake of KFAN tweeted that help could be on the way for Minnesota. Lake’s sources are saying the Vikings could make a play for disgruntled Chargers wideout Vincent Jackson. The team has not yet confirmed or denied Lake’s report.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that an unnamed team worked out a one-year deal with Jackson last Saturday, but that a trade with the Chargers could not be worked out. Saturday, Florio wrote, “Though all concerned persons and entities are keeping quiet on this one, we've done some digging and we believe that Lake is right -- and that the Vikings are the team that nearly traded for Jackson last week.”

Jackson is scheduled for a hearing in New York in five days to determine whether he will miss three games or six games if he’s trade from the Chargers. The NFL has suspended him three games for his multiple DUI arrests; the Chargers suspended him an additional three games for his holdout. The hearing will decide if the Chargers’ three-game suspension must hold up in the event that a trade occurs. If the suspension does hold up, that could compromise a potential trade (and, ostensibly, make A.J. Smith wonder if he was wise to take the hardball to that level).

That's a lot of foolishness pieced together to act like a report.

Rice is out for 8 games.

Jackson is out for (at least) 3 (or maybe 6).

Vikings have a load of young and developing WR's, why would you trade away big picks for another one that will be expensive, and won't even help until your best player is back and healthy anyways?

If this was Madden, it would probably be awesome. Cept Thursday shows that maybe a QB needs more than a few weeks to get some timing with his WR's.

That's a lot of foolishness pieced together to act like a report.

Rice is out for 8 games.

Jackson is out for (at least) 3 (or maybe 6).

Vikings have a load of young and developing WR's, why would you trade away big picks for another one that will be expensive, and won't even help until your best player is back and healthy anyways?

If this was Madden, it would probably be awesome. Cept Thursday shows that maybe a QB needs more than a few weeks to get some timing with his WR's.

I'd save my draft picks for a new QB!

I hear ya Spork, but w/Brett aging and this probably his last year (God, I can't imagine him coming back for more after this year), the Vikes may be "desperately" trying to do all they can to make a run for it. I could see them doing this deal, especially if VJ's only gonna be out for 3 games. Nothing against Camarillo and Shiancoe (he's a beast), but they don't have a VJ on the team, no matter how you slice it. Even w/Rice IMO.

I'd save my draft picks for a new QB!

Vikings are at "win now". Childress is not a good coach, and needs to get an extension with what he's got. They haven't really been drafting the quality replacements they need to maintain their defensive line or offensive line. Any rookie QB sets em back for 3 years.

Vikings are at "win now". Childress is not a good coach, and needs to get an extension with what he's got. They haven't really been drafting the quality replacements they need to maintain their defensive line or offensive line. Any rookie QB sets em back for 3 years.

Matt Ryan, Joe Flaco..... hum you may be right

Exactly! Unless..... they won't to go through that Drama Queen Billy Jack Bullchit with Bret Farve next year.

They can make a trade or sign a FA QB. All they really need is a game manager who can throw the ball when needed. This is actually a good place for a Delhomme type QB.

But once a young guy comes around, Allen, at least one Williams, Peterson, Winfield, Shiancoe, uh... that LT, and really a number of people will either have to be resigned or will be gone.

Heck, draft a QB in the 2nd and their best players will be gone.

They can make a trade or sign a FA QB. All they really need is a game manager who can throw the ball when needed. This is actually a good place for a Delhomme type QB.

But once a young guy comes around, Allen, at least one Williams, Peterson, Winfield, Shiancoe, uh... that LT, and really a number of people will either have to be resigned or will be gone.

Heck, draft a QB in the 2nd and their best players will be gone.

I agree. The thing is about the Viqueens, they let there Franchise get held for hositage for Brett Farve. When Vikes could have went in this years draft and got a QB. But I guess that would have been starting over at the begining huh. Well sense Brett Farve got them so close to winning a superbowl last year, The vikes don't want to abandon their strive. But....theres always that person ready to get their shot and Brett Farve is not young man. Brett Farve displayed that with the taints.