You can take the defense from Willie Martinez, but you can't take the Willie Martinez out of the defense.

Billy Ocean

I hope you realize that this is a better version of the USC offense that absolutely torched Willie Martinez last year. Go back and compare game stats. This game is on the offensive coordinator.

Our defense will be okay once we get a bigger front line. Right now, we're susceptible to the run.

Edited by CalDawg

I hope you realize that this is a better version of the USC offense that absolutely torched Willie Martinez last year. Go back and compare game stats. This game is on the offensive coordinator.

Our defense will be okay once we get a bigger front line. Right now, we're susceptible to the run.

I hope you realize that we tackled like it was a two-hand touch game.

BO- I know what you are saying, but you must also factor in that Lattimore is a big, strong back. No team is going to have there way with him. He will get hit and move forward all season. It was, however, extremely frustrating to see our players attempt to tackle him high play after play. We did much better in the 2nd half, but they were still able to move the ball.

I think our front 7 will match up mutch better next week against Ark. The spread kept us from reacting as quick at times today. We will pin our ears back and attack from the jump against Mallett and company. I wouldn't call Ark a must win, but we definitely must have a better showing on O, D, and ST.

I've been very hard on our D, but we are much better than what we were last year. And we'll get better. There was no hope with Willie. I think we'll do better going forward.

Also, USC looks like (gasp), the best team in the East by quite a bit. They are much much improved from last year.

I've been very hard on our D, but we are much better than what we were last year. And we'll get better. There was no hope with Willie. I think we'll do better going forward.

Also, USC looks like (gasp), the best team in the East by quite a bit. They are much much improved from last year.

Are you serious?? I couldn't disagree more. Yes they won the game but come on don't get carried away. UGA played a very poor game and it was still only 17-6. The things we do that have nothing to do with the opponent, we did poorly. The Dawgs played without A.J, the defense is still new and it should only get better, Murray will only get better, the offensive line WILL gel. By no means am I trying to make excuses for the loss, but I do feel like all of these things must be taken into account when you talk about which team is what moving forward.

I think CalDawg makes a good point here. Are we really blaming the defense for the loss to USC? Just a reminder: WE DIDN'T SCORE A SINGLE TOUCHDOWN. All game. Four quarters. No Touchdown. The defense played good enough to win. Period. Yes, they missed some tackles. Yes, they got gashed at the end of the game by Lattimore. But, no, the D did not cost us the game. If anything, the D kept us in the game when the offense punted away the ball over and over. Many times, after three and outs. The D did what it needed to do.

The offense really sucked. We lost because we couldn't even score a touchdown.

Stop blaming Willie Martinez.

Are you serious?? I couldn't disagree more. Yes they won the game but come on don't get carried away. UGA played a very poor game and it was still only 17-6. The things we do that have nothing to do with the opponent, we did poorly. The Dawgs played without A.J, the defense is still new and it should only get better, Murray will only get better, the offensive line WILL gel. By no means am I trying to make excuses for the loss, but I do feel like all of these things must be taken into account when you talk about which team is what moving forward.

I guess that's why we all have our own opinion. USC manhandled a good MTSU team (one of the favorites to win their conference) and beat what I think would end up being a pretty good GA team. USC can beat UF IMO because USC is a power team that matches up well with the finesse of UF (a la Alabama). Good defense, tall big receivers, stud RB and an OLine that seems to be much improved. I'm not a 100% sold because it is still USC, but given that UF seems to be having some ups and downs, I would not put it past USC to beat them.

i disagree on your last comment. after one game in it's hard to say who is the best team. in 2007 when they beat us i heard the same stuff about south carolina and they best us in very much the same fashion. we went 11-2 and then went where? you don't see much about either team after just 1 sec game. south carolina was the better team that day with who we had on the field capable of playing, but IMO what i saw from them they won't be the winner of the sec east especially with that schedule they have to go through. however time will tell if they are or aren't. this is a broken record we hear yearly from south carolina before our game or after it if they win.