UGA fans... which was more disappointing?

aPureTerror

Take your pick.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which disappointed more??

• Run blocking
    • Tackling

I'm having a hard time figuring out which one was more disappointing to me... the lack of run blocking or the tackling?? We have a TON of experience and supposedly we have a good bit of talent, our inability to effectively run the ball in the first two games is mind-boggling. The lack of tackling... well.....

Side note... I feel VERY good about having no.11 at the helm. B)

I'm having a hard time figuring out which one was more disappointing to me... the lack of run blocking or the tackling?? We have a TON of experience and supposedly we have a good bit of talent, our inability to effectively run the ball in the first two games is mind-boggling. The lack of tackling... well.....

Add one for coaching.

I'd go with tackling. For all the hype of Hamilton and Rambo's hitting abilities, I didn't see anything that resembled that today. Lattimore got the best of both of them a lot today.

Thought Cornelius Washington didn't have his best game either today. On more than 1 occasion he ran right past garcia, so instead of tackling him for a loss or no gain, he wound up with positive yardage.

The tackling by the defense. I thought we got that taken care of (the shoulder tackling without wrapping up) but still, the secondary shouldn't really be making that many tackles anyway. I think our D-line is a tad small.

Bobo's playcalling today got too conservative. I know he was protecting Murray and I know we didn't have AJ, but that was ridiculous.

Not even a good poll question lol. It's hard to be dissapointed in our run blocking when the defense knows exactly when we are running the ball. Bobo is at the helm. It's always passing on 1st down, run on second down, and pass on third. every offensive possession of every game. same thing. He is such a horrible play caller.

I am dissapointed in Georgias tackling. We are undersized and we know it. We rely on speed to get the job done, and watching this team trying to arm tackle was sickening. Basic fundamentals tell you to wrap up the legs. If you wrap up the legs, even if you don't bring the runner down, you will slow him down allowing the rest of the defense to swarm to the ball. It's simple, yet Georgia made it look so difficult.

I have to believe the tackling was an abberation. We have a pro coach, and the tackling was so fundamentally sound 1st game. Grantham will fix or, or kill the players trying.

THe oline is far more disturbing, because there are no excuses, and year after year Searels fails to deliver a dominant oline. Done with him.

Well.. I'm left quite disappointed.. it's a long season, but I was really helping we should show some progress in the same areas that killed us last year, however, we did not see that.. Poor tackling.. But it hurts even more knowing how many chances we had.. Orson's dropped would have been TD pass, Ealy's redzone fumble.. inability to open up the playbook when we needed to most, poor play calling, bad run blocking.. the list goes on.. I have to give it to South Carolina, they took it to us in the run game, and we couldn't stop them until it was too late.. Murray was impressive, and our offense is capable of doing serious damage if our defense could get off the field long enough to let them do it.. we have problems, as does any team, but how will we respond? only time will tell, it's still great to be a dawg in this transitional period, we have serious talent, and it's only a matter of time before we get to where we want to be; Go Dawgs!

Play calling. Starting next weekend, Mike Bobo should be up in the box and CMR should be wearing a headset and calling plays from the sideline. Bobo's had too many chances to display his lack of ingenuity. Today he displayed his complete lack of ability.

Edited by CalDawg

I have to believe the tackling was an abberation. We have a pro coach, and the tackling was so fundamentally sound 1st game. Grantham will fix or, or kill the players trying.

THe oline is far more disturbing, because there are no excuses, and year after year Searels fails to deliver a dominant oline. Done with him.

Searles is not the problem. No team can block when the offense becomes predictable and too conservative. Bobo just does not know how to outscheme an opponent.

Good post. I think a lot of people are underestimating how poor the OL was. It's not about yardage. It's about being able to use the run game to keep everything else easy. It's about being able to run the ball when you need to. WE WERE NOT ABLE TO DO THAT. TO USAF HART, this is indeed a good poll question. All of our OL has AT LEAST two full years of experience. I don't care about what ppl say about Bobo, we should have been able to run the ball much much better, Murray played well so why did we have so many 3 & Outs??

Play calling was an issue imo, but for me the most disappointing was we didn't take advantage of our chances in the red zone and south carolina did. That was the difference in the game.

The defense adjusted and played better in the 2nd half. Just got wore down after we went 3 and out two times in a row. The o-line was pretty disappointing but we started slow last year as well. We will be fine people overeact after a loss but their were positives. We won't see a rb as good as lattimore for the rest of the season. Just get aj back next week and watch that run game take off.

Edited by jtcrews75

The tackling was Pi$$ poor, like a continuation of last year except they were in a 3-4 formation. I hoped Grantham had watched last years tapes a little, but obviously he didn't to see what the biggest problems was, its always been tackling, this O-Ley bullsh-t tackling. Grab low and drive their azz in the dirt. I did like the sacks, but when you can't score. Oh well. :(

The whole game blew, We miss AJ, I think him not being there threw off the whole offense. Unless he can come back soon its going to be a long year. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

Play calling. Starting next weekend, Mike Bobo should be up in the box and CMR should be wearing a headset and calling plays from the sideline. Bobo's had too many chances to display his lack of ingenuity. Today he displayed his complete lack of ability.

Or maybe, rather than being in the box, Bobo should be in the unemployment line or should be demoted to quarterback coach