Maybe this is why...

FalconTough

So for the record I hate the skinny boards but I think I know a big factor that probably could be a reason why they changed.

I'm posting this on my phone right now, and I just realized when went to a thread on my phone just a moment ago that the text (post) fits perfect on my screen when I hold it upward.

It is helpful on the phone so maybe their goal was to make it more phone friendly.

Thoughts?

I brought this up before. It's an interesting theory that has some validity to it. Just learned last night, that falconbob for example, does most of his posting from his phone. Ladbaby is another one.

For me, though, I think I may have posted twice ever from my phone, and almost never visit the site from my phone. The tradeoff seems ludicrous to me, but perhaps there are more mobile users out there than I can imagine.

most people use real computers so i say no.

BUT most GOOD forums have a mobile theme. When it sees you are from a phone it displays differently without changing it for everyone else. We really need that too, but oh well.

This right here. I've been to sites that have mobile versions as well as standard, so I highly doubt this was done for that reason.