Falcons RapidReports

falcon057

Coach Mike Smith said he wouldn't be surprised if Steelers DC **** LeBeau also entered the Hall of Fame as an assistant coach. "He's seen everything there is," Smith said. "He's 71 years old, looks like he's 55. I hope I look like him two years ago." Falcons RapidReports

3 minutes ago - OC Mike Mularkey on Steelers DC **** LeBeau: "The one thing about **** LeBeau is he has not changed a lot over the 20 years I've known him. They fit guys to their roles. You don't see a lot of mass confusion." Falcons RapidReports

4 minutes ago - In the preseason, the Falcons' first team only scored one TD in 13 possessions. "We, at least as a staff, didn't put a lot of stock in to it," OC Mike Mularkey said. "The fortunate thing is we got to work against 3-4 teams." Falcons RapidReports

7 minutes ago - OC Mike Mularkey on having WR Harry Douglas, who tore his ACL in 2009, back in the gameplan: "I know we missed him last year ... He has some things he's capable of doing and makes some explosive plays, which we may have missed last year." Falcons RapidReports

9 minutes ago - DC Brian VanGorder doesn't believe DE Kroy Biermann is a pass-rush only DE. "He plays the run well because he's an explosive, sudden kind of player," VanGorder said "He does a good job even though he might be on the smaller side of DEs." Falcons RapidReports

10 minutes ago - Even though he's not starting, DC Brian VanGorder expects CB Brian Williams to play a lot against Pittsburgh. "He feels more comfortable," VanGorder said. "Part of the deal with that is gaining confidence coming off knee surgery. It's been a steady progression each week." Falcons RapidReports

13 minutes ago - DC Brian VanGorder on LB Sean Weatherspoon's role Sunday: "There's no specific plan relative to him, but he's a smart player who's worked hard. He's gotten up to speed with us and we trust that he'll go out there and function well with our system." Falcons RapidReports

Over an hour ago - Injury report: WR Michael Jenkins (did not participate, shoulder), C Joe Hawley (limited participation, hip), DT Corey Peters (full participation, knee), CB Brent Grimes (full participation, hip). Falcons

Edited by falcon057

13 minutes ago - DC Brian VanGorder on LB Sean Weatherspoon's role Sunday: "There's no specific plan relative to him, but he's a smart player who's worked hard. He's gotten up to speed with us and we trust that he'll go out there and function well with our system." Falcons RapidReports

I feel good about Spoon. You could see the light coming on more and more as the preseason went on. He is learning from one of the best MLBs in the NFL, and he is starting to play like him too. I can see Spoon becoming an outside version of Lofton, at which point our LBs will be down right naysty! :D

I can't wait to both Spoon and Moore on the field. The times that I saw Moore in the preseason, he looked fast as was layin the wood.

When was the las time we had a safety that would take your head off....Scott Case

Agree 100%. Moore looks like the real deal if healthy. If he stays healthy, I think we will still have to wait a bit, but by midseason, he could very well unseat Coleman.

Agree 100%. Moore looks like the real deal if healthy. If he stays healthy, I think we will still have to wait a bit, but by midseason, he could very well unseat Coleman.

Ill go on record...If Coleman stay healthy, there is 0% chance he is unseated by Moore.

I wouldn't mind eating crow over this one, but I dont see it happening.