Falcons season has yet to start...

Mr. Right

I love the fact we can hand the ball off and bust the defenses in the mouth. Why do you want to throw the ball so much?

While it's nice to run the ball and play 'smash mouth' football, this is starting to become an outdated philosophy. With the rule changes of defending 'defenseless players,' protecting the quarterbacks, sophistication of passing attacks, the new NFL offense is a variable one and not a handoff, handoff, handoff, rinse and repeat.

If you look at the Patriots 17-1 season, they played out of the shot gun the majority of the time, neglecting the run.

While it's nice to run the ball and play 'smash mouth' football, this is starting to become an outdated philosophy. With the rule changes of defending 'defenseless players,' protecting the quarterbacks, sophistication of passing attacks, the new NFL offense is a variable one and not a handoff, handoff, handoff, rinse and repeat.

If you look at the Patriots 17-1 season, they played out of the shot gun the majority of the time, neglecting the run.

Yeah, funny how the Saints seem to light it up at first passing 16 to 1 until the Vikings figured it out. Then they said back to the fundamentals of football.

Yeah, funny how the Saints seem to light it up at first passing 16 to 1 until the Vikings figured it out. Then they said back to the fundamentals of football.

The only thing that worries me that the Saints do, and do well, is the deep-middle pass, and when Brees is forced to scramble and throw the mid-range sideline pass. Brees is very good scrambling out of the pocket, passing on the run. If you cant contain him in the pocket he will kill you. But that is where I like having Bierman. Bierman wont let him get outside of the pocket on his side.

Dudes it's a long season, if you spend all year worrying about every single thing before it even happens you are just going to lose it mid- season and go on suicide watch.

This isn't college football, 2 losses isn't a death sentence. You don't have to break it down like its a pennant race before the first game even starts.

The only thing that worries me that the Saints do, and do well, is the deep-middle pass, and when Brees is forced to scramble and throw the mid-range sideline pass. Brees is very good scrambling out of the pocket, passing on the run. If you cant contain him in the pocket he will kill you. But that is where I like having Bierman. Bierman wont let him get outside of the pocket on his side.

Agreed. It seemed like most of those were busted plays where Brees buys time and bam it's a big completion.

Mularkey's run first offense is outdated in the 21st century NFL. The best teams air it out. Patriots. Colts. Saints. Packers. Falcons must show a non-committee run heavy system still works in the NFL starting this Sunday!

They scored 2 TD's, they ran the ball in the second half and sealed the game. Running the ball won them the game.

one thing you gotta consider though, we have a lot more speed than the Vikes. pretty much all our linemen are very fast for their size and can close in Brees quicker than Minny's guys