Bryant Is Starting To Look Better

Rogue50

I've tried to explain that these elite kickers aren't everywhere. They don't end up free agents, and you have to draft them. Even then, they usually only stay right mentally for like 5 years.

I think some members of the board believe we are just signing the wrong person or something, and some guy who is 99% on field goals is just waiting to be signed.

I've tried to explain that these elite kickers aren't everywhere. They don't end up free agents, and you have to draft them. Even then, they usually only stay right mentally for like 5 years.

I think some members of the board believe we are just signing the wrong person or something, and some guy who is 99% on field goals is just waiting to be signed.

Yup, and it's a hard position to evaluate because there's nothing like kicking with the game on the line with 5 seconds left.

Yup, and it's a hard position to evaluate because there's nothing like kicking with the game on the line with 5 seconds left.

Yes, it is difficult. I think it was Shayne Graham, who is still on the market, was a franchise player a year ago. One poor season and it's done with. Hard to evaluate as a long term thing, or do you look at last 6 games? Does the dude choke in the playoffs? Is he worse to your team than Brooking? These are the questions that GM's must ask.

I give Bryant a chance...I do. It was preseason. But I sure the **** hope that the staff does not keep him on the roster if he continues to stuggle...similar to last year. Elam hooked us up in 08, but we have to fix it this year! It does excite me that Hartley likes it wide left, but please please....if we do develop a "kicker" problem, fix it immediately and not 3 losses later.