NO and Katrina BS is getting old

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not crazy about teams using tragedies as a marketing tool but make no mistake about it Katrina was devastating and will never get old. It's right up there with 9/11 in terms of U.S. natural disasters.

Katrina and 911 have almost nothing in common. People in those towers and on those planes did nothing to bring about their demise. There was no looting in New York after 911, there were no rapes going on in the aftermath of 911, there were no warnings for the people in the planes and in the towers. People trapped in the rubble of those towers were not shooting at the people trying to save them. The mayor of New York did not designate the entire city for one race of people, excluding all others. Excuse me but F**K New Orleans.

It was Bush. And we are not talking about Reggie.

Bush didn't help, but most those deaths that could of been helped fall on Blanco and Choclate City Mayor( Got re elected ) and the pathetic attitude of a majority of the people.

litterly a girl I dated got shot handing out supplies in the Superdome, thank god it was in her arm.

Should have left the **** city underwater so Benson could move the team like he wanted to. No announcers mention that **** anymore. Ohhhh Benson has such a great franchise and fanbase in NO. BS!!! He wanted out of that hellhole until Goodell decided they deserved a super bowl because of a **** hurricane

Bush didn't help, but most those deaths that could of been helped fall on Blanco and Choclate City Mayor( Got re elected ) and the pathetic attitude of a majority of the people.

litterly a girl I dated got shot handing out supplies in the Superdome, thank god it was in her arm.

^^^^ This. Most everybody that lives here knows this to be true, not enough time and space to discuss it here.

I live on the Gulf. Hurricanes blow through here every year. We actually have Hurricane Parties when they come by.

We have fun when 80 mph wind and rains comes through. Lots of beer and liquor. Because we know our homes will still be standing and not submerged in 10 feet of water the next day.

Reason being is because homes down here on the Gulf Coast of Florida are built to withstand high winds, and the roads and sewage system is designed to make water flow down-hill back to the Gulf. We dont need Levees to keep water out. The cities and towns here were not built below sea-level, for one thing. Forward-thinking Engineering.

Edited by The Falcon Jedi

Katrina and 911 have almost nothing in common. People in those towers and on those planes did nothing to bring about their demise. There was no looting in New York after 911, there were no rapes going on in the aftermath of 911, there were no warnings for the people in the planes and in the towers. People trapped in the rubble of those towers were not shooting at the people trying to save them. The mayor of New York did not designate the entire city for one race of people, excluding all others. Excuse me but F**K New Orleans.

PREACH IT!!!

would anyone feel differently if they had a mother who died of dehydration or starvation,or a brother or sister who drowned in their own house,or maybe lost a family pet that they couldnt save because they were trying to save themselves...its time to seperate reality from entertainment and quit BLAMEING the fortunes of a game to a disaster that noone could have imagined...and if you want to go further....how about our own government responding more quickly to a psunami in another country,quicker than they did to what happened in our own...let the katrina thing go when it comes to any sport(game)...one has nothing to do with the other...and if you cant,your a selfish shallow human being

would anyone feel differently if they had a mother who died of dehydration or starvation,or a brother or sister who drowned in their own house,or maybe lost a family pet that they couldnt save because they were trying to save themselves...its time to seperate reality from entertainment and quit BLAMEING the fortunes of a game to a disaster that noone could have imagined...and if you want to go further....how about our own government responding more quickly to a psunami in another country,quicker than they did to what happened in our own...let the katrina thing go when it comes to any sport(game)...one has nothing to do with the other...and if you cant,your a selfish shallow human being

No one is degrading the tragedy itself. My problem is with the way the NFL CONTINUES TO EXPLOIT it - year after year.

Im actually surprised they didnt run a story on the Gulf Oil "disaster" to help hype this game up. This league is turning into Hollywood. Whatever makes a great "feel-good" story, the more revenue.