G-Braves hitting coach Dismuke joins Atlanta staff

Hatch

This in no way, way, shape, or form guarantees anything for TP. Most, if not all teams reward their good minor league managers with a callup to the big club. People are reading wayyyyyy too much into this.

I agree, I believe we did something like this last year as well but can't remember for certain.

PS bring up Wellman!

My link It looks like TP is the next Head Coach :(

You know what, if TP getting the Head Coaching position means he will no longer be the hitting coach, I am ok with that. Let him become Head Coach, and let's talk Chipper into retirement and becoming our hitting coach :wub: That would be two birds and one stone.

1.) TP gives up his hitting coach position to a more qualified individual

2.) The amount of money we owe to chipper would come off the books to pursue better players in the off-season.

You know what, if TP getting the Head Coaching position means he will no longer be the hitting coach, I am ok with that. Let him become Head Coach, and let's talk Chipper into retirement and becoming our hitting coach :wub: That would be two birds and one stone.

1.) TP gives up his hitting coach position to a more qualified individual

2.) The amount of money we owe to chipper would come off the books to pursue better players in the off-season.

I've actually thought the same thing at times. I don't think he'd be a bad manager per se...but I think he's an awful hitting coach. He was never really all that great a hitter.