STEELERS will WILDCAT on Us

Karst41

I have read a ton of post this week that have us looking past the Steelers.

Common Statements:

Dixon, O line and etc. and it is only TUESDAY!

Lets take a peek inside of Pittsburg's War Room and see what their focus is going to be.

Dixon.

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

His strengths that are know throughout the preseason have told us Nothing and

by gawd that is exactly the way the Steelers want it.

Is he a great QB? No, and that is the known weakness, but what we do know is that

he is highly mobile, and that is overlooked due to the traditional play of the Steelers.

It will be very easy for them to design plays to lure Spoon and Peterson into coverage.

This is when Dixon will take off running like a Scalded Dog, just like Vick would do, and this will

happen at least 3 times during the game.

(The first skirmish will come unexpectedly on a crucial down for field position.)

So while we are in the middle of an all out Smash Mouth Football Game.

The Difference between a Victory and a loss is in fact going to come down to

us keeping Dixon Contained the entire game.

You do not match Strength for Strength.

You design you War around (avoid)the strengths of your enemy.

They will put out some Bait that we will not be able to ignore,

and then the trap is sprung.

If you love Football and think you know your stuff, go read

Zen and the Art of War, and find out what you do not know.

The Floor is now open for Discussion.

You won't see one play ran from the Wild Cat position. Arians already said he has no such thing in his playbook and hates a gimmick styled offense.

I do, however, think we have some gadget plays being spiced up as we speak.

Ok fine, let us call it a QB Keeper, just like the one you ran in HS.

But if you'se guys think that you are going to lull us into a false sense of security

with Dixon, then just keep on keeping on.

Now that we have that established, what we know that you do not know is

who we deploy as the QB Spy. :ph34r:

ps

Welcome to the forums.

Overlooking Dixon? I'd say some of are more scared of Dixon than we ever were of Big Ben or Leftwich. Just the uncertainty is making half the board a nervous wreck.

I don't know why - 5 rushes 24 yards -- those are his CAREER rushing stats - he had 1 run for 24 yards - his remaining 4 rushes went for -3 yards.

I don't know why - 5 rushes 24 yards -- those are his CAREER rushing stats - he had 1 run for 24 yards - his remaining 4 rushes went for -3 yards.

I keep alliterating this: Look for Dixon to surprise and stay in the pocket more than anyone is thinking. Like the stats show above, we only designed ONE play for Dixon to bootleg out of the pocket- a 24 yard touchdown. I think Atlanta will quickly realize to respect Dixon's arm and his ability to go downfield if they give him the intermediate throws. I look for a lot of WR standups/screens to get the receivers on the edges in the open field as well as draw plays and quick check downs to Heath Miller all in the midst in setting up an occasion deepball/trickery.

All I can say is after five decades of watching I've never seen a collection of headhunters on the defensive side of a Falcon football like this.

If ole boy wants to run, he better have his head on a swivel, or Batch will be behind center. There's no doubt in my mind that if we can get Batch in some long 3rd downs he will get wiped by Abe and/or The Beer Man.

PIT could go from Pixon to Bashed to Handle El by halftime. Trust me. The defense will show up.

I keep alliterating this: Look for Dixon to surprise and stay in the pocket more than anyone is thinking. Like the stats show above, we only designed ONE play for Dixon to bootleg out of the pocket- a 24 yard touchdown. I think Atlanta will quickly realize to respect Dixon's arm and his ability to go downfield if they give him the intermediate throws. I look for a lot of WR standups/screens to get the receivers on the edges in the open field as well as draw plays and quick check downs to Heath Miller all in the midst in setting up an occasion deepball/trickery.

Not sure where you get that from - his Preseason stats against the 2nd/3rd string? or more often then not against players that were cut? He came in the 3rd quarter twice and 2nd quarter in the third game and the one game where he played with a squad close to the starting squad he was sacked twice and threw 2 INTs - 9/16 - 94 yards (QB Rating 33.9)

His feet or arm do not scare me at all. His best bet is a strong running game from Mendenhal.

Edited by BruceReville

All I can say is after five decades of watching I've never seen a collection of headhunters on the defensive side of a Falcon football like this.

If ole boy wants to run, he better have his head on a swivel, or Batch will be behind center. There's no doubt in my mind that if we can get Batch in some long 3rd downs he will get wiped by Abe and/or The Beer Man.

PIT could go from Pixon to Bashed to Handle El by halftime. Trust me. The defense will show up.

lol

lol

+1

I have read a ton of post this week that have us looking past the Steelers.

Common Statements:

Dixon, O line and etc. and it is only TUESDAY!

Lets take a peek inside of Pittsburg's War Room and see what their focus is going to be.

Dixon.

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

His strengths that are know throughout the preseason have told us Nothing and

by gawd that is exactly the way the Steelers want it.

Is he a great QB? No, and that is the known weakness, but what we do know is that

he is highly mobile, and that is overlooked due to the traditional play of the Steelers.

It will be very easy for them to design plays to lure Spoon and Peterson into coverage.

This is when Dixon will take off running like a Scalded Dog, just like Vick would do, and this will

happen at least 3 times during the game.

(The first skirmish will come unexpectedly on a crucial down for field position.)

So while we are in the middle of an all out Smash Mouth Football Game.

The Difference between a Victory and a loss is in fact going to come down to

us keeping Dixon Contained the entire game.

You do not match Strength for Strength.

You design you War around (avoid)the strengths of your enemy.

They will put out some Bait that we will not be able to ignore,

and then the trap is sprung.

If you love Football and think you know your stuff, go read

Zen and the Art of War, and find out what you do not know.

The Floor is now open for Discussion.

And perhaps we shall see Mr. Moore lay a bit o'hardwood on Mr. Dixon if they try that wildcat krap... that would be worth the price of admission.