Saints Fans

Dirtybirdn@tion

The Saints haven't done anything to get better on defense....

A 26th ranked defense that survived on a ridiculous amount of turnovers. Who recovers 15 fumbles from opponents? Nobody, it's a fluke. 21 of 27 INT's came from QB's with 2 years or less experience in the league.... :blink:

The Saints have lost Fujita, Cassillas, Ingram, & Sharper, decided to play a rookie CB as the starting FS, only add a rookie 7th rounder to a depth deprived DT position, & exchanged mediocre aged DE's with more mediocre aged DE's.

Brown & Wilkerson are not upgrades.

Thoughts...... :rolleyes:

A 26th ranked defense that survived on a ridiculous amount of turnovers. Who recovers 15 fumbles from opponents? Nobody, it's a fluke. 21 of 27 INT's came from QB's with 2 years or less experience in the league.... :blink:

The Saints have lost Fujita, Cassillas, Ingram, & Sharper, decided to play a rookie CB as the starting FS, only add a rookie 7th rounder to a depth deprived DT position, & exchanged mediocre aged DE's with more mediocre aged DE's.

Hopefully it does nothing but help our chances at winning the Division!

How many QBs did the Saints play with 2 years or less experience in the playoffs? What were the point totals of all three? Let's see: 14,28,17. Going against 3 future HOF QBs in the playoffs should have really exposed that "horrible" Saints Defense right? Right?

Put your dunce cap back on and sit down. ^_^

Edited by Saintdogg

At least you got the rolleyes part right.

We were 5th or better in comp. % QB rating and TDs in the redzone on D. Yards aren't everything, man. Even without the turnovers our D kept us in the game.

I expect a little improvement based on the fact that it's year 2 for a new defense installed last season. Less turnovers, more sacks and batted balls. Probably the same tackling. Nothing crazy like Top 10 like you homers are projecting, but a modest improvement is not unreasonable to expect.

Even without the turnovers our D kept us in the game. :lol:

I expect a little improvement based on the fact that it's year 2 for a new defense installed last season. Less turnovers, more sacks and batted balls. Probably the same tackling. Nothing crazy like Top 10 like you homers are projecting, but a modest improvement is not unreasonable to expect.

:lol:

How many QBs did the Saints play with 2 years or less experience in the playoffs? What were the point totals of all three? Let's see: 14,28,17. Going against 3 future HOF QBs in the playoffs should have really exposed that "horrible" Saints Defense right? Right?

Put your dunce cap back on and sit down. ^_^

I RARELY ever rep someone, but this made me laugh so hard my wife heard me in the other room. +1

What was our D ranked before the injuries? What was their post season ranking?

Edited by Aquietguy

What have the Falcon's defense done to improve? They have their best linemen suspended one game and a DT coming back from injury that has never seen the field.

Who is this rookie safety he is speaking of?

How many 3rd and 25 will you give up this season?

I am so sick and tired about hearing about how you didn't have your QB for the 2nd game. What were Redman's stats?

23/34 303 1 TD 1 INT, a QB rating of 93.1

You act like if Ryan would have played he would have been much better. Considering his QB rating for the season was 80.9 and his previous meeting against our "pathetic" defense he had a QB rating of 46.6, the odds are that he would have done marginally if any better than Redman for that game. You dirty birds act like Redman threw 3 picks and had a QB rating of 46.6 and it was close? Oh wait, that was Ryan in the first meeting.

I am so sick and tired about hearing about how you didn't have your QB for the 2nd game. What were Redman's stats?

23/34 303 1 TD 1 INT, a QB rating of 93.1

You act like if Ryan would have played he would have been much better. Considering his QB rating for the season was 80.9 and his previous meeting against our "pathetic" defense he had a QB rating of 46.6, the odds are that he would have done marginally if any better than Redman for that game. You dirty birds act like Redman threw 3 picks and had a QB rating of 46.6 and it was close? Oh wait, that was Ryan in the first meeting.

Its all you will get here excuses excuses

Can't get any worse right? Since they were ranked 25th?

Brown is an upgrade over Grant... who did not even play in the playoffs. McCray constantly battled back injuries, which is why both of those guys are no longer in the league.

3 defensive starters played in every game last year including the playoffs (excluding week 17). Vilma, Will Smith, and Roman Harper. Every other starter all missed at least two starts a piece. Many missing around 6.

The new starting FS is not a rookie as you try to make claim of him being. And the Saints also drafted another corner in the first round.

The Saints' interception stats did not drop off because of the QBs they played. It dropped off because of injuries to the entire secondary. They still limited Warner, Favre, and Manning to a combined 2 TDs and 4 INTs in three playoff games when the secondary was relatively healthy.

If they're healthy, they will be much better than last year. And enough with the "they won't get that many takeaways again". They did not lead the league in takeaways.

The real question is... has the rest of the league caught up enough to slow down this offense? We'll see. I would take the field over the Saints in regards to winning this year's Super Bowl. But the Saints have to be favorites to win it all.

Guys, Guys, Guys.

Lets just put aside the differences and all agree that the Panthers will have the best defense of the NFCS, again. Then the Bucs will probably be second. Bucs showed flashes of their old form late last season.

I can see the Saints leading the South in takeaways again. Their guys, while not top ten in pass or rush D are keen on stripping the ball and interceptions. Falcons will probably be top 10 run D again.

I've to see the Falcons defenders actually play before giving them much credit. I will though if they show some potential. I give the Bucs pre-credit because they've had such a good defense over the course of the last decade. It's easier for me to see them having a top D again than it is for me seeing the Saints or Falcons having a top defense before they actually prove it.

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

You mention the young QB's but fail to mention that we forced Brady, Warner, Favre, and Manning into 11 TO's in four games. The playoffs showed that we could still force the best QB's and offenses into turnovers.

Lets take a look at the Saints.

On the DL, Will Smith returns and will have another great season. Remi Ayodele will be in his 2nd season of starting. Sedrick Ellis will be in his 3rd season, that's when DT's break out. We upgraded the opposite end with Alex Brown who's a great run stuffer. Saints also have excellent depth on the line with Jeff Charleston, Junior Galette, Jimmy Wilkerson, and Anthony Hargrove.

At LB, Danny Clark or Clint Ingram will likely man down the SLB spot. Clark is a very good run stuffing backer, and Ingram is very good in coverage and can rush the QB. Probowl MLB Jonathan Vilma returns. Scott Shanle is probably one of the most underrated LB's out there, 100+ tackles in 3 of his 4 seasons, rarely makes mistakes. Arnoux and Dunbar are also solid options.

Great cornerback rotation. Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter are one of the top tandems in the NFL, reliable nickel/vet corner Randall Gay will return and Patrick Robinson is a promising young corner. Malcolm Jenkins and Usama Young can also slide into corner.

Safety is interesting. Jenkins is probably better at covering his man, but isn't the ballhawk Sharper is. Roman Harper is a top 10 SS with his run stuffing skills. Sharper will return later in the year and step into a similar roll as last season.

You better hope that is true. This is the points where a a GW smoke and mirror defense usually lets teams down!

He cant let us down! He helped us WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!

OUr D wont be top 10 but it will help our O get into the playoffs!

Can the Failcons say the same?!!!! **** NO