It's Official! The Hick'ry Stick Award is......is......is.....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think Jay Adams is worthy of the Hickory Stick Award, or some kind of award where he is recognized.

He's made himself available to answer questions, he's made his presence known around the boards, and on the webcam thing he does. He's done an awesome job so far.

Totally agree.

Hey everyone. I have finally gotten a chance to respond to this thread, and I'm thrilled at the excitement these developments have generated. Honestly, a lot of people in the building were excited by the idea making the award a part of our regular coverage, so it's not just me that's excited.

I want to stress that all the credit for this goes to Supes. He didn't have to sell it very hard since, as you all have discovered by now, I'm extremely open to fan suggestions, but he really kept me in the loop on his end and really raised the excitement level of the prospects for this award within me. I'm just happy to be a small part of this process.

Now, to the fun stuff. I wanted to give you all an idea of how things are going to work from my end of things. When Supes lets me know who the winner is every fourth week, I will get that player on camera for an award presentation and an interview. My questions will focus mainly on the player's performance in the games that helped him earn the award, so you'll get to find out exactly how they were able to earn your votes. Also, I'll always ask an open ended question at the end that will basically be a message to the fans, so you'll get to hear right from the players you voted for how much being selected means to them.

The videos will be posted on the Friday of the week of voting (if that makes sense, and I hope it does). For example, if the voting finishes the Tuesday of Week 5, the video will be up that Friday. But I'll make sure to promote the heck out of it, so you'll definitely know when it goes up.

The players also don't know about it, so they'll be finding out as soon as the first one is given out. I like the element of surprise.

Speaking of surprise, I wanted to leave you with this little tidbit: we're looking into a very special guest who would present the award each time it's given out. More on that as info comes in.

Great work to everyone involved. As an out-of-town fan this is one of the posts I look forward to every week. Fan interaction like this is as important to me as the games I watch on Sunday.

It is encouraging to have such a great TATF community to keep me hooked into the hometown expereience!

^_^

It's a great community that I feel fortunate to belong to also. Been here maybe 7 years. I've made personal friends with a few and hope to make more.

Crazy good boards, crazy good fans!B)

WATER ON A DUCK, THIS IS ROCKIN' GOOD NEWZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Can't say a lot more than's already been said in here, but it is amazing that we're going to be able to give something a little more personal back to the players who give so much to us. WOOT!!!

Oh, and Supes... I still think you need to set up a tip jar of some sort. We're likely to come up w/more than is needed, and the rest could to FNCO. Just a thought, although it's probably already been suggested.

Hey everyone. I have finally gotten a chance to respond to this thread, and I'm thrilled at the excitement these developments have generated. Honestly, a lot of people in the building were excited by the idea making the award a part of our regular coverage, so it's not just me that's excited.

I want to stress that all the credit for this goes to Supes. He didn't have to sell it very hard since, as you all have discovered by now, I'm extremely open to fan suggestions, but he really kept me in the loop on his end and really raised the excitement level of the prospects for this award within me. I'm just happy to be a small part of this process.

Now, to the fun stuff. I wanted to give you all an idea of how things are going to work from my end of things. When Supes lets me know who the winner is every fourth week, I will get that player on camera for an award presentation and an interview. My questions will focus mainly on the player's performance in the games that helped him earn the award, so you'll get to find out exactly how they were able to earn your votes. Also, I'll always ask an open ended question at the end that will basically be a message to the fans, so you'll get to hear right from the players you voted for how much being selected means to them.

The videos will be posted on the Friday of the week of voting (if that makes sense, and I hope it does). For example, if the voting finishes the Tuesday of Week 5, the video will be up that Friday. But I'll make sure to promote the heck out of it, so you'll definitely know when it goes up.

The players also don't know about it, so they'll be finding out as soon as the first one is given out. I like the element of surprise.

Speaking of surprise, I wanted to leave you with this little tidbit: we're looking into a very special guest who would present the award each time it's given out. More on that as info comes in.

Wow Jay, Supes, BCEagle, Tandy, Trickworm .....all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!!

<<tips cap>>

We Falcons fans will hereby make sure this becomes a Falcon tradition to be proud of!

I've been on these boards 7 years, season ticket holder for 4, fan sice '91 and have never felt more a part of this organization as I do now!

Go Falcons!!!!

Edited by Goal Line D

Jay, you are the man. Thank you for being open to this and helping to make it happen. The approach you laid out sounds fantastic. Thanks!

I hate to be 'that guy' BUT, how is the 5th award of the season going to work when we'll only play 3 playoff games? ;)

And Supes, check your PM's :D

I got your PM. but have been very bust today with this as well as this weeks cartoon. I'll get back to you asap.

Ok, the 5th award,.....my thoughts are that it should be be reserved for the season's overall MVP, whether we make the playoffs or not, Super Bowl or not. At any rate, we're open to suggestions. We don't even have to have a 5th seasonal award. One problem with a 5th award is that all of our players will be packed up and gone home by the time we get our votes in, etc.

Going to bed now!:lol:

Hey everyone. I have finally gotten a chance to respond to this thread, and I'm thrilled at the excitement these developments have generated. Honestly, a lot of people in the building were excited by the idea making the award a part of our regular coverage, so it's not just me that's excited.I want to stress that all the credit for this goes to Supes. He didn't have to sell it very hard since, as you all have discovered by now, I'm extremely open to fan suggestions, but he really kept me in the loop on his end and really raised the excitement level of the prospects for this award within me. I'm just happy to be a small part of this process.Now, to the fun stuff. I wanted to give you all an idea of how things are going to work from my end of things. When Supes lets me know who the winner is every fourth week, I will get that player on camera for an award presentation and an interview. My questions will focus mainly on the player's performance in the games that helped him earn the award, so you'll get to find out exactly how they were able to earn your votes. Also, I'll always ask an open ended question at the end that will basically be a message to the fans, so you'll get to hear right from the players you voted for how much being selected means to them.The videos will be posted on the Friday of the week of voting (if that makes sense, and I hope it does). For example, if the voting finishes the Tuesday of Week 5, the video will be up that Friday. But I'll make sure to promote the heck out of it, so you'll definitely know when it goes up.The players also don't know about it, so they'll be finding out as soon as the first one is given out. I like the element of surprise.Speaking of surprise, I wanted to leave you with this little tidbit: we're looking into a very special guest who would present the award each time it's given out. More on that as info comes in.

Not bad bro. Not bad at all.

Ha!

Supes...

One day about 7 or 8 years from now...I'm gonna be watching a falcon game with my grandson...and I'm gonna point out the player currently holding the hickory stick...and I'm gonna tell him he was born around the same time that stick was...same as his grandpa was born around the same time the team was, and that his grandpa cut that stick. I'm gonna tell him how my dad took me to my first game when I was 7. How that me, along with many of my fellow fans stuck with this team through all those bad years. How a small group of very dedicated fans came up with the idea for this award.

I appreciate everyone's thanks...but be SURE to thanks Supes, Tandy, and BCEagle too. This is their baby, and my small contribution is peanuts compared to the work and effort they give for this. Thanks guys and gals. Thank you for starting a unique tradition that NO other team has.

TRUE FANS!! All of you are the best of the best and make me proud to be a FALCON FAN!!