Chris Low's SEC Power Rankings

SacFalcFan

When there's virtually zero information to base your rankings on, I guess it just makes sense to base your rankings on past history almost as much as you do on the results on a week 1 game. That being said, I think I would put Mississippi State ahead of LSU at this moment and I'm not sure I would leave UF in the 3rd spot either. They may be there in the coming weeks. They may be even higher. But to struggle like they did last week and still be ranked 3rd seems pretty ridiculuos to me. The UF ranking is too dependant on previous years results, I think.

When there's virtually zero information to base your rankings on, I guess it just makes sense to base your rankings on past history almost as much as you do on the results on a week 1 game. That being said, I think I would put Mississippi State ahead of LSU at this moment and I'm not sure I would leave UF in the 3rd spot either. They may be there in the coming weeks. They may be even higher. But to struggle like they did last week and still be ranked 3rd seems pretty ridiculuos to me. The UF ranking is too dependant on previous years results, I think.

Agreed. UF should only be above Vandy and Ole Miss at this point in the game. If they come out and start lighting things up from here on out then fair game, they would deserve being listed higher. But calling them the 3rd best team in the conference (and justifying it by saying we know they're not THAT bad) after that game IN THE SWAMP is completely based on who we expected Florida to be over who they actually are right now.