Redskins-Titans talking Haynesworth trade

Posted on: September 7, 2010 9:15 am

Edited on: September 7, 2010 9:25 am

Score: 163

Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

Posted by Andy Benoit

Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that the Washington Redskins are having talks with the Tennessee Titans about a trade for Albert Haynesworth. This is not the first time these two teams have discussed the disgruntled defensive tackle.A. Haynesworth

Haynesworth’s relationship with the Redskins, and especially Mike Shanahan, has been strained, to say the least. Their epic power struggle remains ongoing. Shanahan had Haynesworth play virtually the entire fourth preseason game. This past week, there were rumors that Haynesworth would still be deactivated for Week 1.

At the moment, there is no deal in place between Haynesworth’s former team and current team. But stay with the story. Even if no trade pans out, in the very least, we could get another round of “I don’t care, I hate this organization anyway” type quotes from Mr. Haynesworth.

WE don't need him!

Redskins-Titans talking Haynesworth trade

Posted on: September 7, 2010 9:15 am

Edited on: September 7, 2010 9:25 am

Score: 163

Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

Posted by Andy Benoit

Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that the Washington Redskins are having talks with the Tennessee Titans about a trade for Albert Haynesworth. This is not the first time these two teams have discussed the disgruntled defensive tackle.A. Haynesworth

Haynesworth’s relationship with the Redskins, and especially Mike Shanahan, has been strained, to say the least. Their epic power struggle remains ongoing. Shanahan had Haynesworth play virtually the entire fourth preseason game. This past week, there were rumors that Haynesworth would still be deactivated for Week 1.

At the moment, there is no deal in place between Haynesworth’s former team and current team. But stay with the story. Even if no trade pans out, in the very least, we could get another round of “I don’t care, I hate this organization anyway” type quotes from Mr. Haynesworth.

WE don't need him!

I remember reading his health is in question. Forget what it's called but it ultimately can cause the kidneys to malfunction. Let the Titans have him and his $100 million salary back.

At this point it may be wise for Fat Albert to keep his mouth shut and hope this deal can get done. But knowing him, he may want his contract redone. Going back to the Titans would probably rejuvenate his career.

Nothing is going to rejuvenate his career when it's clear he got paid and just quit working.

Despite the mess that Snyder created in the early 2000's with his overspending, this might be the biggest mistake the Redskins have ever made.

Yeah, that was worse than the washed up Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders and Jeff George signings combined.

Jeff Fisher and Titans DL Coach Jim Washburn can usually light enough of a fire under Haynesworth. He would help them significantly if he gives much of any effort. They really missed his QB pressure last year, especially in close losses to the Steelers, Texans and Jets...