If Roddy gets hurt, I hope Jenkins or HD can step up

The Falcon Jedi

We could have had solid insurance today to cover that, but that went away to the Ravens.

Injuries do happen, every season, sometimes to key players. And if we lost Roddy to an ACL or something, I dont like our chances to win the NFC. Because we dont have a reliable #2 to take his spot. I dont trust Jenkins at all. I would rather Harry Douglas fill the #1 role.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have slept through last season.

Well, it didn't say anything about Turner getting hurt again did it? Turner was beasting it up right before he got injured and was on pace to have another great season. I don't think it's out of line to say that Turner couldn't get 2,000+ yards if he was healthy for an entire season and the coaches were willing to give him a whole lot more touches.

You must have slept through last season.

I would be hard pressed to feel as though Turner would stay healthy all season and contrary to the popular belief I'm not so sure that Snelling would somehow be an elite back.

I don't know what TD is thinking. Let's be cheap maybe? There is no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL and EVERYONE builds through the draft. I don't know what the heck he's doing.

We could have had solid insurance today to cover that, but that went away to the Ravens.

Injuries do happen, every season, sometimes to key players. And if we lost Roddy to an ACL or something, I dont like our chances to win the NFC. Because we dont have a reliable #2 to take his spot. I dont trust Jenkins at all. I would rather Harry Douglas fill the #1 role.

housyourmomma wasn't solid backup for anyone on this roster besides Jenkins. The Housyour#1 experiment failed miserably, he's not a #1 WR, he's Peerless Price reincarnated. Could we have used him here? Sure, he would have been good depth, but a replacement for Roddy if we lost him, we're just as well off with what we already have.

housyourmomma wasn't solid backup for anyone on this roster besides Jenkins. The Housyour#1 experiment failed miserably, he's not a #1 WR, he's Peerless Price reincarnated. Could we have used him here? Sure, he would have been good depth, but a replacement for Roddy if we lost him, we're just as well off with what we already have.

Dude, look up his stats. He out-played Ochocinco the last 2 seasons he was there. He was the Bengals go-to-guy.

I would be hard pressed to feel as though Turner would stay healthy all season and contrary to the popular belief I'm not so sure that Snelling would somehow be an elite back.

I don't know what TD is thinking. Let's be cheap maybe? There is no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL and EVERYONE builds through the draft. I don't know what the heck he's doing.

Snelling is a big back who tries to run "slippery" like Warrick Dunn. I'm not comfortable with that because he will be running plays designed for Turner.

Roddy doesn't have a history of injury woes so i expect him to flourish even more this season.

Correct. Even though Roddy may not have a history of injury and woes, but.... You still have to bring in some form of insurance policy, Just in case. Last thing we need is for Roddy to go down. Inspecial, if where not going to bring in someone else.