Brookings quote

iDash

“People on the outside … in this town, you kind of have that knee-jerk reaction. People tend to overreact about things. Doom is gloom around here. How bad is it? Even my wife is freaking out. She is overreacting. And she has watched quite a few games. I had to sit down and have a talk with her last night. I was able to calm her down. She is a believer again. She was a believer. She is a believer. Her and the kids … I had my son talking about he was a Falcons fan. We definitely had to sit down and talk.” - Linebacker Keith Brookings(notes) on the overreaction by the media and Cowboys fans over the team’s lackluster preseason.

“People on the outside … in this town, you kind of have that knee-jerk reaction. People tend to overreact about things. Doom is gloom around here. How bad is it? Even my wife is freaking out. She is overreacting. And she has watched quite a few games. I had to sit down and have a talk with her last night. I was able to calm her down. She is a believer again. She was a believer. She is a believer. Her and the kids … I had my son talking about he was a Falcons fan. We definitely had to sit down and talk.” - Linebacker Keith Brookings(notes) on the overreaction by the media and Cowboys fans over the team’s lackluster preseason.

That is hillarious, but the man's name is BROOKING not BROOKINGS!!!

“People on the outside … in this town, you kind of have that knee-jerk reaction. People tend to overreact about things. Doom is gloom around here. How bad is it? Even my wife is freaking out. She is overreacting. And she has watched quite a few games. I had to sit down and have a talk with her last night. I was able to calm her down. She is a believer again. She was a believer. She is a believer. Her and the kids … [b]I had my son talking about he was a Falcons fan. We definitely had to sit down and talk.” - Linebacker Keith Brookings(notes) on the overreaction by the media and Cowboys fans over the team’s lackluster preseason.

Smart kid

“People on the outside … in this town, you kind of have that knee-jerk reaction. People tend to overreact about things. Doom is gloom around here. How bad is it? Even my wife is freaking out. She is overreacting. And she has watched quite a few games. I had to sit down and have a talk with her last night. I was able to calm her down. She is a believer again. She was a believer. She is a believer. Her and the kids … [b]I had my son talking about he was a Falcons fan. We definitely had to sit down and talk.” - Linebacker Keith Brookings(notes) on the overreaction by the media and Cowboys fans over the team’s lackluster preseason.

Smart kid

Sounds like Keith is still hurt that he isn't a Falcon anymore. He will get over it before long. Unlike others I harbor no ill will toward the man. He gave his heart and soul to the Falcons for many years and has my respect for the way he carried himself while he was a Falcon. The things he has said and done since leaving is just a manifestation of not being with our organization any longer and a natural response.

Sounds like Keith is still hurt that he isn't a Falcon anymore. He will get over it before long. Unlike others I harbor no ill will toward the man. He gave his heart and soul to the Falcons for many years and has my respect for the way he carried himself while he was a Falcon. The things he has said and done since leaving is just a manifestation of not being with our organization any longer and a natural response.

True words. Most people on this board acts as if Brooking is worthy of pure hate. Brooking is a good guy. If you had cut me loose, and my new team ran you over. I would flaunt it as well.

I share the EXACT same sentiments. I would buy you a beer if we were sitting in a bar talking about this.

Guest Regular Guy

True words. Most people on this board acts as if Brooking is worthy of pure hate. Brooking is a good guy. If you had cut me loose, and my new team ran you over. I would flaunt it as well.

Maybe, or you can act like a professional, an adult. Warrick Dunn comes to mind, he got cut and still acted with class. Brooking is a bum.

And your former team's fans would have the same respect many of us have for Former56. I was cool with him when he was here, but his childish reaction to Dallas beating us definitely made me rethink that. And for all of it, he helped Dallas win as many championships as he helped us win: none.

I bet he spanked his kid.

Maybe, or you can act like a professional, an adult. Warrick Dunn comes to mind, he got cut and still acted with class. Brooking is a bum.

Warrick Dunn is from Baton Rouge if that make it more simple. Brooking is Georgia Born, Georgia Bred, went pro and got Georgia Fed. That hurts you in any situation. He has acted professional but saying all good things about the Falcons. On the real, can a Falcon Fan talk down on anyone? We need to fill the Dome up before we can anyone a bum.

Warrick Dunn is from Baton Rouge if that make it more simple. Brooking is Georgia Born, Georgia Bred, went pro and got Georgia Fed. That hurts you in any situation. He has acted professional but saying all good things about the Falcons. On the real, can a Falcon Fan talk down on anyone? We need to fill the Dome up before we can anyone a bum.

Really, just STFU.

^^^^This! Well, maybe not the "bum" part, but he did act like a d-bag. I spell his name BrookingS from now on, just because of the douchebaggery since he left here. That said, I don't really have anything against him, and I do have some good memories of him as a Falcon. But a "stand up guy" and a "class act", which is what I THOUGHT he was, don't act like a d-bag when life doesn't go their way. A little fist pumping, and a little celebration would've been one thing. What he did was over the top, and uncalled for.

Edit: Not to mention, his kids are also GA born and bred. Let them root for the Falcons AND their Dad if that's what they want to do. It's not like the organization didn't pay him fat stacks and keep food/clothes on their backs for many, many years.

Doesn't matter where the man is from, and I know you weren't talking to me. But if I was RG, I'd be offended at that comment. As if you need to dumb it down for any of us who don't appreciate him dissing the team. Can a Falcon Fan talk down on anyone? Did you seriously ask that question? Yes, yes, we can.... Both Vick and BrookingS come to mind. <_<

Edited by kibitzer

Guest Regular Guy

^^^^This! Well, maybe not the "bum" part, but he did act like a d-bag. I spell his name BrookingS from now on, just because of the douchebaggery since he left here. That said, I don't really have anything against him, and I do have some good memories of him as a Falcon. But a "stand up guy" and a "class act", which is what I THOUGHT he was, don't act like a d-bag when life doesn't go their way. A little fist pumping, and a little celebration would've been one thing. What he did was over the top, and uncalled for.

Edit: Not to mention, his kids are also GA born and bred. Let them root for the Falcons AND their Dad if that's what they want to do. It's not like the organization didn't pay him fat stacks and keep food/clothes on their backs for many, many years.

Doesn't matter where the man is from, and I know you weren't talking to me. But if I was RG, I'd be offended at that comment. As if you need to dumb it down for any of us who don't appreciate him dissing the team. Can a Falcon Fan talk down on anyone? Did you seriously ask that question? Yes, yes, we can.... Both Vick and BrookingS come to mind. <_<

Nah Kib, it doesn't offend me. He's a Brooking supporter and I am ok with that. It takes more than that to rattle my cage. I called Brooking a bum. I meant that as a person, not a player. I thought he gave the Falcons his best years and played mostly to the best of his ability. When he was younger he was a great player. Like ALL of us he slowed down but I still gave him props BECAUSE he was a Georgia boy. I didn't need the history lesson about his roots as I ALSO DID NOT need one on Dunn. But oh well, what's done is done.

One thing to remember. These guys make MILLIONS of dollars to play a game! Yes, I like to watch that game, but c'mon man! If you are I or anyone else here made that $$$ I think I speak for us all when I say I'd be grateful and respectful to my former team as well as my new team. Show some class. Brooking let me down. Period.

Thanks for watching my back Kibitzer! I'll let you deal with the trolls from here on out :P

Keith's son: STFU 3rd and 16, I was talking to mom! GO FALCONS!

:lol::lol::o:lol:

Yea, what Brooking did shocked me but no one here can sit and up here and honestly say they would not have done the same thing. It is easy to criticize others when you are on the outside of the situation looking in. Its just like someone saying if they made that much money they would be responsible and not waste it. You're saying that now, but . . .

Yea, what Brooking did shocked me but no one here can sit and up here and honestly say they would not have done the same thing. It is easy to criticize others when you are on the outside of the situation looking in. Its just like someone saying if they made that much money they would be responsible and not waste it. You're saying that now, but . . .

W/what the OP posted, the pattern kinda seems to be continuing. He's a cowgirl now. Let him go be a cowgirl, and a face for that franchise. He should never utter the Falcons' name again in any media/public conversation, anecdotally or otherwise, if he's still that butt hurt over the whole thing.