Nesbitt scores three TDs on Jekyll & Hyde day.

SacFalcFan

Article

for the tech fans.

I have my opinion but I believe Coach Johnson knows what he is doing. I just feel that instead of going for the home run ball every time GT passes the ball a few medium passes to A-backs of a quick curl route to Hill in man coverage would be effective. Nesbitt can throw the ball but is not ever really set up to get into any kind of rhythm due to GT being mostly run oriented and the pass plays called are low percentage plays. I'll take 75-100+ rushing yards per game from him though. That one pick was a perfect pass to Melton, not Nesbitt's fault at all. Some of those other passes were plain ugly..

I have my opinion but I believe Coach Johnson knows what he is doing. I just feel that instead of going for the home run ball every time GT passes the ball a few medium passes to A-backs of a quick curl route to Hill in man coverage would be effective. Nesbitt can throw the ball but is not ever really set up to get into any kind of rhythm due to GT being mostly run oriented and the pass plays called are low percentage plays. I'll take 75-100+ rushing yards per game from him though. That one pick was a perfect pass to Melton, not Nesbitt's fault at all. Some of those other passes were plain ugly..

you guys need an intermediate passing game imo and i have felt that for a few years now. it will be interesting to see how your offense progesses throughout the year.

When your team rushes for 372 yards, there’s only so much room to be concerned about the passing game.

“We got 41 points,” Johnson said. “I don’t know that it would have been any better if we got them all passing. Then, we’d be saying we can’t run.”

this quote is kinda funny

When your team rushes for 372 yards, there’s only so much room to be concerned about the passing game.

“We got 41 points,” Johnson said. “I don’t know that it would have been any better if we got them all passing. Then, we’d be saying we can’t run.”

this quote is kinda funny

No disrespect but that is spinning it. Kinda like with Richt use to defend Martinez with that "same scheme as we had under BVG" bs that he used to defend Martinez. I think Paul Johnson knows like Richt knew about Martinez, there are problems to be addressed but didn't want the fans to see it as a weak ship. Just my opinion...

Granted, GT has showed they can win without the passing attack before. But it is a weakness that good teams will exploit if it can't be resolved.

No disrespect but that is spinning it. Kinda like with Richt use to defend Martinez with that "same scheme as we had under BVG" bs that he used to defend Martinez. I think Paul Johnson knows like Richt knew about Martinez, there are problems to be addressed but didn't want the fans to see it as a weak ship. Just my opinion...

Granted, GT has showed they can win without the passing attack before. But it is a weakness that good teams will exploit if it can't be resolved.

My point exactly. Tech has proven that they can run the ball when things are clicking. My concern is when teams know they can sell out to stop the run and we can't even make them pay for it. We don't have to burn them for a TD every time we pass, just something to make them consider when they bring everyone up against the run. Nesbitt isn't ever going to be the most accurate passer but I feel like he is accurate enough to hit a WR on a quick 10 yard curl or an A-back running a slant or an out route. Those type passes are enough to get the defense out of the box and to open the running game up. You don't have to have 20 yards per completion to be successful in the passing game. I'm not going to get too concerned with yesterdays passing numbers because it's the first game of the season but I can promise you that every team is prepared to sell out to stop the run until we do something to back them off..