Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GHP_RN

Which game to attend.....

19 posts in this topic

Finally done w/ nursing school, want to see a Falcon game so bad this season, could be driving from VA, but have flown to Atlanta before....SOOOOO, looking for advice on what would be a good game to attend & if in Atlanta, where is a good place to stay (not necessarily the cheapest) but close & with a lot of places to visit w/in walking distance. Will probably bring hubby & kids....unless they refuse to don Falcon colors (2 deadskin fans & 1 cowgirl fan), then I will leave them @ the hotel so they'll need stuff to do....any advice suggestions would be appreciated!

Can't help you on where to stay, but if you were to pick one it would be against the Taints on Monday night. The dome is going to be nuts.

Can't help you on where to stay, but if you were to pick one it would be against the Taints on Monday night. The dome is going to be nuts.

X2!

Can't f'in WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could be there :(

Sooner or later I have to get down to the ATL for a game.

The Dome is always a great time but the big night games can be off the chain!!

Thursday night vs. Baltimore and Monday vs. Taints will be no different.

Ditto B). The atmosphere is always jacked when the Saints come here (even more so now since they are the defending champions) and completing the sweep here will be worth the price of admission.

Finally done w/ nursing school, want to see a Falcon game so bad this season, could be driving from VA, but have flown to Atlanta before....SOOOOO, looking for advice on what would be a good game to attend & if in Atlanta, where is a good place to stay (not necessarily the cheapest) but close & with a lot of places to visit w/in walking distance. Will probably bring hubby & kids....unless they refuse to don Falcon colors (2 deadskin fans & 1 cowgirl fan), then I will leave them @ the hotel so they'll need stuff to do....any advice suggestions would be appreciated!

You gotta stay at the Westin. Thats where I stay when I come for games. You can walk to and from the Dome.

Also, there is an awesome steak place near the Westin.

EVERYBODY wants to be at the Monday night Saints game, but those tickets may be hard to come by. A good alternative game might be vs the Ravens. It's a Thursday night game. You and yours could stay through the weekend and enjoy some Hotlanta Hospitality. The Ga. Aquarium, Stone Mountain, Six Flags, lake Lanier, countless fine restaurants,.......plenty to do and see.

If you are looking for atmosphere and excitement then it would definitely be the MNF vs the Saints. Night games are exciting, MNF is even more exciting, playing a division rival is always big. Knocking the former Superbowl winners off of their high horse...Priceless.

I will throw in one piece of caution though. Since this game is 2 days after Christmas the turnout is typically low so I don't know how this plays into things yet.

Thanks to you all for thi input....now to work around my work schedule. I really want to come to Atlanta, never been & have a few friends down there.

GO FALCONS!!

If you are looking for atmosphere and excitement then it would definitely be the MNF vs the Saints. Night games are exciting, MNF is even more exciting, playing a division rival is always big. Knocking the former Superbowl winners off of their high horse...Priceless.

I will throw in one piece of caution though. Since this game is 2 days after Christmas the turnout is typically low so I don't know how this plays into things yet.

I am wishing for the Dec 27th game....better give Santa my list now, lol...the game against Carolina on the 12th is w/in driving distance, but I really would rather go to Atlanta & visit THE Dome:-) We shall see!

EVERYBODY wants to be at the Monday night Saints game, but those tickets may be hard to come by. A good alternative game might be vs the Ravens. It's a Thursday night game. You and yours could stay through the weekend and enjoy some Hotlanta Hospitality. The Ga. Aquarium, Stone Mountain, Six Flags, lake Lanier, countless fine restaurants,.......plenty to do and see.

Thanks for all the suggestions on places to visit, I have an 11 & 15 yr old, and they are skins & cowgirl fans, I am dragging them both with me, as well as my skin fan hubby. But they will be in full Falcon gear, lol..

I am shooting for the 27th of Dec., I WANT A REPEAT OF THIS PAST WIN AGAINST THE SAINTS! Although maybe not so close....I almost fell off my treadmill watching the 1st half...then I kept having to remind myself to breath, whew! It was an awesome game!

X2!

Can't f'in WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for tickets now....need 4 if we can swing it, perfect timing, my kids will be out of school.....I am dragging their skin/cowgirl lovin butts down south:-)

No one mentioned the Bucs game.....I still HATE them. I remember Sapp flying around like an airplane. That made me sick. I know he is gone, but it still made me hate the team forever.