falcons are a 2.5 point favorite to beat the steelers in week 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should win this game 17-10. Their Defense is very formidable. **** Lebeau is a master of the 3-4 Zone Blitz. He will devise matchup problems for us. Ryan & Co. better have their game together.

Defending their offense should be no problem. Charlie Batch should be on his back the entire game. And Rashaard Mendenhaal doesnt scare me - we should be able to drop him at the LOS whenever he runs. And all Pittsburgh has offensively is a running attack right now. The only thing Batch is going to do is throw 2 picks, and get put on his back. I see them getting a Field Goal. And I see them possibly getting 7 points from their Defense. But that's it.

If we score 17 points we will win this game.

This game isn't going to be easy, no matter who is playing quarterback for the Steelers. It's not easy to walk into Heinz Field and come away with a win. Honestly, I'm a little concerned because of our team's shakiness on the road the past two years. I do think we will pull out a win, but I'd be surprised if we won by more than 10 points.

Edited by virginiafalcon

This game isn't going to be easy, no matter who is playing quarterback for the Steelers. It's not easy to walk into Heinz Field and come away with a win. Honestly, I'm a little concerned because of our team's shakiness on the road the past two years. I do think we will pull out a win, but I'd be surprised if we won by more than 10 points.

The Steeler Defense is scary. They have always had a good Defense, esp. with Dirk Lebeau Coordinating that. He is the master of 3-4 defenses, and he executes that zone blitz better than anybody - even the Eagles. It's going to be a low-scoring game, but we should win.

The Steeler Defense is scary. They have always had a good Defense, esp. with Dirk Lebeau Coordinating that. He is the master of 3-4 defenses, and he executes that zone blitz better than anybody - even the Eagles. It's going to be a low-scoring game, but we should win.

Yeah, I think your 17-10 prediction earlier is going to be pretty accurate. ^_^

Playing them at home in week 1 worries me for that very reason. If everything goes down the middle with the refs, we should win by a touchdown if we can get 3 and outs and keep their defense on the field.

I foresee a whole lot of blown holding calls...hopefully our guys will play through the bull and pull out the win.

Not happening! Special teams will be a strength for us in 2010. They definitely won't be able to run the ball on us. And unless Turner fumbles we will not give up an offensive touchdown because of a turnover.

why would turner fumble.. the guy barely has any fumbels... I would say ryan trows a pick before turner fumbles..

Either way we will win this game..they got no offense.

Some of you need to look back to our two last outings against these guys... 2002 & 2006. Yes, Vick eras.. But non the less we walked into their house and tied them in 2002 and won in 2006. I expect it to be a tight game with ATL winning closely. We've got an edge in Heinz Field...

How does 2002 and 2006 even remotely impacts the 2010 match up? Are you suggesting that Vick=Ryan and Roethlisberger=Batch? And our 2002/2006 Defense=2010 defense? If you are, then you have been asleep at the wheel this pre-season and don't know the strengths of your own team.

The NFL loves the Steelers. I'm not making a built in excuse in case we lose, just stating facts. Refs have come out from both of their Superbowl victories and basically said, "Look, we screwed up calls in that game and kind of handed the Steelers the trophy."

Playing them at home in week 1 worries me for that very reason. If everything goes down the middle with the refs, we should win by a touchdown if we can get 3 and outs and keep their defense on the field.

I think we will win...But you can count on a couple of BS calls to keep their drives alive. Probably some illegal contact calls away from the play. And count on them missing a couple of obvious Pass Interference calls to stall our drives.

Aside from that, falcons dominate.

Steelers win outright, so if you're betting, take the Steelers and the points.

The Steelers are flying under the radar, but for no real good reason. Last year's defense, which was good even without Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu, will be excellent and match up very well with the Falcon's offense.

The Falcon's defense was Godawful last year, and is pretty much the same, except for the addition of a good rookie linebacker and an overpriced corner with a sore hammy. Even with Dixon at the helm, the Steelers score enough points to win.

Dixon is no Roethlisberger, but he has excellent skill players around him.

Ryan is also no Roethlisberger, but he doesn't have the supporting cast he needs to be successful against the Steelers. Steeler game plan will be to double cover White, have Polamalu limit the damage Gonzalez can do, and stuff Turner. Gonzalez and Turner are no strangers to them.

Atlanta is basically the same team as last year, which finished 9-7 and lost to every good team it played except the Jets. They can't get off the field on third down, don't play well on the road (they're lucky this game isn't in December) and haven't won a meanigful game since 2008, and 2004 before that.

Don't understand the hype.

The betting line reflects the need for more money to be put down. Vegas always wins, no matter what happens on the field.

Edited by one side only

I thinks its too low we win by at least 10 dixon looked like a mess yesterday and leftwich looked even worse what do you think we will beat the steelers by?

Don't let that line fool you. I've been a betting man for years and know the business quite well. Steelers getting points, at home is a bookie's equivalent to swaying the lines. Vegas is trying to make the most money they can so they WANT you to go against Pittsburgh and that's the sway. It's Vegas's way in saying that they think the Steelers are going to cover the line in the end.

At best this should be a pick 'em game. Pittsburgh has a very good defense and we have never done well against running QB's.

We shut down that stupid wild cat in Miami last year.

Steelers win outright, so if you're betting, take the Steelers and the points.

The Steelers are flying under the radar, but for no real good reason. Last year's defense, which was good even without Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu, will be excellent and match up very well with the Falcon's offense.

The Falcon's defense was Godawful last year, and is pretty much the same, except for the addition of a good rookie linebacker and an overpriced corner with a sore hammy. Even with Dixon at the helm, the Steelers score enough points to win.

Dixon is no Roethlisberger, but he has excellent skill players around him.

Ryan is also no Roethlisberger, but he doesn't have the supporting cast he needs to be successful against the Steelers. Steeler game plan will be to double cover White, have Polamalu limit the damage Gonzalez can do, and stuff Turner. Gonzalez and Turner are no strangers to them.

Atlanta is basically the same team as last year, which finished 9-7 and lost to every good team it played except the Jets. They can't get off the field on third down, don't play well on the road (they're lucky this game isn't in December) and haven't won a meanigful game since 2008, and 2004 before that.

Don't understand the hype.

The betting line reflects the need for more money to be put down. Vegas always wins, no matter what happens on the field.

Not a Steelers fan, are you? Stillers are the same team that made it 9-7 last year, except their aging defense is older, their QB is gone, their #1 WR is gone, and of course, their corners, special teams, and offensive line are terrible. Thanks to some iffy drafting, I think Pitt is lucky to go 8 and 8.

Didn't they lose to Cleveland last year? And Oakland? And the Chiefs? And the Bears? Ouch.