I thought you wanted this team to be a contender!?

And shaking off a tough year with loads of injuries including Ryan himself. Why was it so hard to imagine that an offense in that situation might take a little time to get it together?

And the ridiculous assertion that because this is Ryan's 3rd year he must start it hot. Since when is the NFL a mathematical equation? I saw the 08 Ryan on Sunday so it may not be too long before we see him make the next step.

Ooooooooooo. That's got the hair on my neck standing up!!!

:D

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

And shaking off a tough year with loads of injuries including Ryan himself. Why was it so hard to imagine that an offense in that situation might take a little time to get it together?

And the ridiculous assertion that because this is Ryan's 3rd year he must start it hot. Since when is the NFL a mathematical equation? I saw the 08 Ryan on Sunday so it may not be too long before we see him make the next step.

Takes a bow.

What I don't get is why stupid people look at recent -->PRESEASON<-- performances, the kind that literally does not count for anything. They take that as a way to judge a player, but completely ignore things like consistent regular season performance.

fixed.

Edited by Desert_Falcon

threadstarter is right roddy is unreliable. and the fact that yall say he is the good reciever on the falcon team is just another example of alot of peoples acceptance of mediocracy for this squad.

save your stats save your fact that he's gotten accepted twice to a game that in absolutely no way shape or form helps the falcons. he will not be any different when the season starts

yes he will make catches yes he will score touchdowns but he will drop more then he catches he's just an average reciever and will never be one of the greats

This may be the single most incorrect post I've ever seen on here. :o

Don't miss the latest SportsReaction about the Atlanta Falcons: http://sportsreactions.blogspot.com/2010/11/are-falcons-better-than-giants.html

Also, don't forget to follow the blog, follow on Twitter, and become a fan on facebook!

You wrote that blog? if you did, kindly explain why didn't you sign your work so fans could research your prior works and maybe discover an hidden agenda?

You're still a tard...

Cool story joshdoster. Am I excited we are winning yup extremely. Do I still think our offense is leaving points out on the field and not playing 4 quarters of football yup imo the ravens and buccaneers game shouldn't have come to that. Has Roddy Proved me Wrong **** Yea! I admitted that along time ago. And alot of my Roddy bashing didn't have facts true, My frustration with him came soley from the Saints game last year where he dropped some crucial passes.

Do I still believe Teams Should not exactly "show their hand in preseason" no I don't. But they shouldn't perform like the Falcon O did. But I'm Past The PreSeason bullcrap and was as soon as the first regular season game got played.

So I'll end with your still a lame And instead of replying with anything that has anything to do with what I responded back to you with, I'll wait for you to respond with MAN YOU DIDN'T USE A COMMA RIGHT!

How come when a fan has questions about any part of this team that goes against the hype riders and kool-aid surpers, they are considered being negative and are bashed for their opinions – and in worst case scenario, their post are scrutinized with a microscope for anything that would be considered COC offending material????

Is it anymore ridiculous to assume that our defense and offense will be elite and are Superbowl bound, as it is to question some things that we have been presented thus far? I think not.

I think there are way to many fans who have gotten so hyped on the Kool-Aid over the offseason that they are completely blind to the reality before them… for example – All during training camp we have been hearing how impressive Roddy White has been, from the top of the organization to the bottom, yet all we have seen in the pre-season is a WR who has had a problem holding onto the ball. During training camp, everyone wanted to talk about how impressive White was, yet now that he is dropping 2/3s of all balls thrown his way, fans are turning a blind eye and using the excuse of “oh, it’s just pre-season” Well, it was just training camp too, but that didn’t stop everyone from saying how “ELITE” of a WR White was.

Does anyone actually think that we are "deep" at WR? I think not

Does anyone actually believe that Dunta is that good that he doesn't need game speed reps before the regular season because we are trying to keep him healthy? I think not, he is no better than Lofton or Turner or Ryan, the same excuse could be said for them as well.

Does anyone actually believe that 10 points on 7 offensive possessions is the makings of a offense who has there stuff together? Or the sign of an offense whose first team didn't get inside the 30yard line in 5 possessions?

I could go on, but I already know that response I will receive..."It's just pre-season"

It’s just absolutely absurd to me. If we were stomping teams and putting on a show like Green Bay, New Orleans, etc… all of the fans on this board would be talking about how primed we are to make a Superbowl run, totally oblivious to the fact that it is afterall “just preseason”. However, since we have been struggling in certain areas, the “it’s just preseason” excuses are flying rampid.

The “it’s just pre-season” is just an excuse that you many of you are using to convince yourselves that this team is set to make a Superbowl run. Why is it so wrong to have and express legitimate concerns about this team?

Their are things that if not addressed properly will put a damper on the Falcons Superbowl hopes. It has nothing to do with not wanting the team to succeed, man I hope they win every game, but I'm concerned about what I have been shown thus far.

Now I know that the extremist will come in here and say "well why don't you want to Falcons to succeed, and I can't believe that you would be down on this or down on that, or the most overly used excuse on this board "it's just pre-season" and so on and so forth"

So what do I have to say to you extremist out there who are just dying to get in this thread and express your homerism so that hopefully someone will give you a +1... "OPEN YOUR EYES, IF THE KOOL-AID WAS SO GOOD, IT WOULD BE SERVED AT THE GAMES" -Pun intended!!!

Your not allowed to talk about obvious flaws with the Falcons on this board, so i understand what your saying. However, your not proving your points by using Roddy White as an example. Roddy has been ballin out of control this year and arguably next to Matt Ryan the best player on the team.

Your not allowed to talk about obvious flaws with the Falcons on this board, so i understand what your saying. However, your not proving your points by using Roddy White as an example. Roddy has been ballin out of control this year and arguably next to Matt Ryan the best player on the team.

check the date

I disagree about complaining on this board. Quite a few of us, me included, posted threads about obvious ST issues after the TB game. However, I don't think they were written as attacks as many complaints are.

Low and behold the coaching staff addressed the ST problems ( at least with some personnel changes ) and stopped the bleeding, at least temporarily, and we can move on to the next issue.

Well constructed, and supportable criticism should be welcomed in here.

I disagree about complaining on this board. Quite a few of us, me included, posted threads about obvious ST issues after the TB game. However, I don't think they were written as attacks as many complaints are.

Low and behold the coaching staff addressed the ST problems ( at least with some personnel changes ) and stopped the bleeding, at least temporarily, and we can move on to the next issue.

Well constructed, and supportable criticism should be welcomed in here.

Well-constructed, supportable criticism is typically better received when the poster doesn't approach it from a "OMG, we suck and you homers are nuts if you cannot see it!" type of angle. It's a big difference between saying we need to improve in an area vs. saying we should forget about being an elite team because the GM made a move that the poster disagreed with.

• 1 month later...

I don't think it's obvious that this defense is that much better. Dunta is a little bit of an upgrade, and maybe Weatherspoon will be an upgrade as well, but the Falcons did nothing to address the biggest issue with the defense - the pass rush.

Last year the Falcons added the greatest TE in NFL history to the offense that had gained the most yards in franchise history in 2008. Didn't matter, the offense still found a way to regress. So you just never know.

I look kinda intelligent in this thread... Thanks for bumping...