Kickers have one Job?

Shnikies

And ours is looking so bad at his. How do you get to the NFL when you miss extra points. I mean really out of all the kickers in college football across the nation how do the ones that miss extra points get into the NFL.

Why is this a problem for us every year I am really worried about this. We lost games last year because the kicker couldn't do the one task set before him. This is bad.

Remember 2008 everybody? Elam couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in the preseason and everyone was screaming to have his head and he missed only 2 field goals that year. Let's hope history repeats it's self.

But I would be lying if I said I'm not sick of having to deal with the "who's our kicker?" mess EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Draft a kicker and get on with it for crying out loud! We've had a ton of chances the last few years to get us a solid young kicker and we've done other things in the past. A couple years ago when Josh Brown was a free agent I was screaming for us to sign him and we let the Rams get him. Then in the draft we had a chance to draft Mason Crosby and I was screaming for us to draft him and we passed on him a couple times to let the Packers get him.

3 games and Bryant has left 7 points on the field. Indoors or out - he is paid to kick the ball in any condition. Last year 9 points in 5 games. An average of 2 points a game not made on the foot of our kicker.

It's pretty easy to explain last year's misses. 1 was just a flatout miss, 1 was blocked and the other was a miss from over 50 yards in the wind and cold in New York.

It's pretty easy to explain last year's misses. 1 was just a flatout miss, 1 was blocked and the other was a miss from over 50 yards in the wind and cold in New York.

Jay Feely kicks in New York in the cold/wind/whatever the outdoor condition is 8 times a year as well as once in New England and Buffalo and at Cincinnati in January last year (A majority of his games are outdoors in the elements) -- his percentage of FG kicks made is 83.3% & XP kicks 100% - Bryant kicks most of his games with Atlanta in a dome and hasn't come close to that -- we are talking Jay Feely here. The guy we let go because he wasn't getting the job done.

Edited by BruceReville

Jay Feely kicks in New York in the cold/wind/whatever the outdoor condition is 8 times a year as well as once in New England and Buffalo and at Cincinnati in January last year (A majority of his games are outdoors in the elements) -- his percentage of FG kicks made is 83.3% & XP kicks 100% - Bryant kicks most of his games with Atlanta in a dome and hasn't come close to that -- we are talking Jay Feely here. The guy we let go because he wasn't getting the job done.

Matt Bryant

2005 - 84.0%

2006 - 77.3%

2007 - 84.8%

2008 - 84.2%

2009 - 70.0%

Matt Bryant

2005 - 84.0%

2006 - 77.3%

2007 - 84.8%

2008 - 84.2%

2009 - 70.0%

Yes and his worst year was with what team again? and so far 3/5 (60%) with a missed extra point with the same team as well?

He could be 110% the rest of his years - it is his 5 regular season games and performance so far with the Falcons that I care about and so far he is doing poorly.

Does anyone think it might be the holder? I remember Elam and Koenen were at odds on tv some last year. As if they were arguing over a hold or timing or something. Other than the best of HoF kickers(Mort), everyone is having the SAME problem.

Hmmmm - now that might be something to look into.

"Laces Out Dan!"

Edited by BruceReville

And ours is looking so bad at his. How do you get to the NFL when you miss extra points. I mean really out of all the kickers in college football across the nation how do the ones that miss extra points get into the NFL.

Why is this a problem for us every year I am really worried about this. We lost games last year because the kicker couldn't do the one task set before him. This is bad.

Out of all the kickers in college football across the nation who don't miss extra points how come we can't get one?