If I remember correctly, we usually run the ball in the red zone.

People keep complaining that we don't pass enough, we don't spread the defense out enough, we're too predictable, we keep running with 8 in the box, etc.

What you're talking about has been our philosophy from day 1. Which is, we're going to run the ball at you whether or like it or not. Remember Denver 08? Todd McClure literally told the defense we were running the ball right at them after the huddle broke, and then we turned around and broke off a long TD run.

OK! I know you will be watching th Miami game. We are going to game plan for this one. They have already said so. Please watch them when them get in the RZ and you will see what I am talking about. I bet you a box of donuts they will at the most score a field goal on the opening drive. And it's really going to piss you off. Watch 3rd down plays in the RZ... But if I'm wrong it won't be the first time. lol

Wow, BD, it appears as though you are being bashed on by people who assume you are just referring to his play calling in the pre-season. SMH. Apparently we've been watching a different team than the others, because I have also noticed the "cuteness" when they get into the red zone. Moving from 20 to 20 is a cinch, then MM tries to get all cute to get it into the endzone instead of continuing to do what got them there. They'll run, run, run all the way down the field, then start throwing once they get into the RZ. It's baffling. And to those of you thinking this is based on "just the preseason" it's not. It's based off of two full seasons of MM play calling.

Vicious, you evidently know something about football play calling! It's nice to see someone on this board knows what I was trying to say...

I agree. We have guys that can bust you in the mouth with Turner, Snelling, and Mughelli and there behind the nastiest line the league. Now I can understand a play action pass every now and then but when we run 2 or 3 in a row every time were in the red zone it gets very predictable and very easy to stop.

Matty, you get it!

As far as Mularkey goes, he needs to stop playing chess when we get in the red zone! We have the line and backs to play against the best, but for some reason, instead of lining up and running over people, we try to finess our way into the end zone and we've all seen how that works!

Come on Mularkey, have some confidence in your team to get it done. Stop trying to out think the other team!!!

Tony Dungy said, "the reason our team was so sucessful was we weren't trying to disgiuse what we were doing, we just lined up and ran our best plays and said stop us if you can"

Now that's a great coach with confidence in his team to get the job done!

I think thats easy to say when you have Peyton. I don't remember him running it down peoples throats in the redzone too often. Mularkey looked great when calling plays on the way to a championship. Plus we tried that already with Rieves and lets not forget about Gregg Gnapp(sp?). Not trying to be an a hole, just saying I don't agree. Not that I'm happy with our redzone production, just saying I remember worse times.

I think thats easy to say when you have Peyton. I don't remember him running it down peoples throats in the redzone too often. Mularkey looked great when calling plays on the way to a championship. Plus we tried that already with Rieves and lets not forget about Gregg Gnapp(sp?). Not trying to be an a hole, just saying I don't agree. Not that I'm happy with our redzone production, just saying I remember worse times.

That's like Obama saying "It could be worse"

Yea. The guys that think it's Ok that we cant move the football past the 30 yard line.

A big part of pre-season is seeing how the red-zone offense functions. Unfortunately, we didnt get that chance against a good football team last week.

You think?! Hey, it's ok. Some people get it...

So... Last season we were 14th in the NFL in red zone percentage, right next to Houston and New England.

This was with a brutal schedule that involved playing a NFL record 4 teams off their bye week, an early bye, and the toughest all around schedule in the league. We lost numerous players on the offensive side of the ball, including Michael Turner for half the season and Matt Ryan for 3 games, not to mention 3/5s of our line missed game time during the season as well.

So... Last season we were 14th in the NFL in red zone percentage, right next to Houston and New England.

This was with a brutal schedule that involved playing a NFL record 4 teams off their bye week, an early bye, and the toughest all around schedule in the league. We lost numerous players on the offensive side of the ball, including Michael Turner for half the season and Matt Ryan for 3 games, not to mention 3/5s of our line missed game time during the season as well.

I AM TALKING ABOUT MULARKEY"S PLAY CALLING.!!!!!! THAT"S ALL!!!!!! NOT HOW BAD THE TEAM IS!!!!!!

That's great being average like two teams that failed to make it to the super bowl. I think BD is thinking that the Falcons should be more along the lines of 3rd and 5th like the Colts and Saints, who happened to make it to the super bowl. I guess too many fans of this team are complacent with being "average". Me personally, I'd like to see my favorite team in the upper echelon of teams, not somewhere in the middle of the pack. That might just be me, though.

All those short passes are OK, but it takes more plays to get down field and increases

their odds of making mistakes. The next thing you know, your punting or kicking a field goal. It's not that the birds can't move the ball, we know they can, but we need larger chunks of pasture to reduce the amount of plays it takes to get from one end to the other. I may have another cup of coffee.

As far as Mularkey goes, he needs to stop playing chess when we get in the red zone! We have the line and backs to play against the best, but for some reason, instead of lining up and running over people, we try to finess our way into the end zone and we've all seen how that works!

Come on Mularkey, have some confidence in your team to get it done. Stop trying to out think the other team!!!

Tony Dungy said, "the reason our team was so sucessful was we weren't trying to disgiuse what we were doing, we just lined up and ran our best plays and said stop us if you can"

Now that's a great coach with confidence in his team to get the job done!

EXACTLY!!! This was my biggest problem when Knapp and the zone/cut blocking scheme was here. And another reason I am not fond of BVG's defensive philosophy. I dont want to trick, suprise, or finess our opponents I want to beat them up!! I want to be the most physical team on the field every Sunday both sides of the ball. Thats what the great teams do thats what they have always done. Its called the Vince Lombardi Trophy for a reason he took the Packer sweep and ran over people, he molded his team into the toughest SOB's on the field game in and game out. You may trick or finesse your way for awhile but that gets figured out espicially in this day and time. The team that is most physical will more often times than not win this is a sport predicated on violence!!