Positivies for the Miami game

caver50

I think we can all agree that we want to see the field stretched and with success ofcourse. Personally I don't

want to see Matt comming up short on long passes. Now that Harry D. has some playing time, I look for

his role to be expanded. Even though Harry is a slot receiver, I look for him to stretch the field.

keep an eye on Bergeron. This is a big test for him. If he makes anymore catches like he did in the NE

game, we can expect him to be a starter in game one at Pittsburg. Lewis is another one I'll be watching

closely. If he continues to progress it should remove some of the concerns we have at the DT position.

I would like to see Weems in on some passing downs, but I want to see Franks doing Kick and punt returns.

Ofcourse were all waiting to see what Robinson can do. Norwood comming back+++

I bet Smith will crack the whip this week, so I don't expect to see those gaping holes in the line. Look guy's,

we learned a lot from the NE game, so expect our birds to come out with fire in their eye's with returning starters. Tell me what you would like to see. Try to be positive.

I like this thread because improvement is all I want to see this week...

- Better playcalling on offense. I would like to see our passing game take a step forward. Get to the endzone consistently!

- Another receiving threat emerge be it Bergeron, Harvey, Strickland, or Wolfe.

- Better LB play against the run.

- Better tackling from the defense...shouldn't have been an issue at all really.

- A more physical offense and defense.

- Better playcalling on offense. I would like to see our passing game take a step forward. Get to the endzone consistently!

- Better tackling from the defense...shouldn't have been an issue at all really.

All Excellent points.

I've heard two differing concepts as to how our offense is run:

1. Smitty has said- "We want to exert our will on the opposing defense."

2. Others have said- "You take what the defense gives you."

I would like to see us get back to "exerting our will on the opposing defense."

That means doing whatever it takes to get down the field and in the end-zone. Enough of this

tippy-toeing around trying to fool the defense into giving us a 6 yard pass. Tell them you're

going to run straight up the middle and then DO IT!

This whole business about "showing them too much" in the pre-season is a bunch of bull.

Championship teams do what they want and dare the defense to try and stop it.

agreed

That means doing whatever it takes to get down the field and in the end-zone. Enough of this

tippy-toeing around trying to fool the defense into giving us a 6 yard pass. Tell them you're

This whole business about "showing them too much" in the pre-season is a bunch of bull.

Hadn't thought of that, but I like the way it sounds. Lets keep this attitude right into the Miami game and

expect good results.

I can't wait to see this preseason game. I wanta see what a game plan looks like for 2010. We've obviously been working on some things & looking at some folks. I'm sure we will still be looking at some folks, but I wanta see them apply some of what they have been working on.

I wanta see what our O will Really look like in 2010. Even with a couple down, I want to see what we can do with our receivers. Even with some on the D down on each level, I want to see what we are really gonna do to get more presser & how we're gonna cover. I wantto see WHO's Ready to step up, & Take a position, WHO's Ready to take it Persaonal.

Win or lose this preseason game, I want to see us compete, & even dominate, on Both sides of the ball. ...at Least for the 1st half of the game.

Play Ball!!!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head for me with these. +1

I'm really startin' to like you, and not just cause of your jiggly boobies! :)

Good positive thoughts are what we all need so, go long :P

Ok, so probably the biggest thing I'm going to be watching for is who they trot out on the field at the WR positions, and how those guys do. I think it's the most interesting piece of adversity we have on the team right now.

Second to that, will probably be MM's playcalling. To be fair, we've looked decent w/our first stringers out there, both games. Decent. Not dominant. But not impotent either. I said in another thread before, I'm not buying into the theory that he's trying not to give anything away. I honestly don't think he has that much worth hiding up his sleeve. This is not based entirely on the 2 preseason games this year, either.

Red zone play. Just in general. Both execution and play calling.

Defensively, going to try and watch the DT position a little closer than I have in the last 2 games. All I can really comment on from those is that we seem to have a ways to go in improving that push up the middle.

Will continue to watch Spoon. He's done ok. Rookie mistakes, sure, but he's been close, and just seems to still be getting used to the speed of the game.

Defensive playcalling. I think we'll see more blitzing in this game, just because it seems to work against this opponent, whether it's us or someone else playing them.

Special teams - they have looked really good on punt coverage IMO. But this is where there will be a lot of battles for a roster spot, so I try to pay attention to who's out there.

Almost forgot: Antone Smith didn't impress me much in the KC game, but he seemed to get more snaps in the NE game, and I thought he did a pretty good job. At first, I was kind of high on Nance, but this guy is scrappy and shifty. He may not be a bad choice for a change-of-pace option, and they seem to be trying to get him involved in some receiving roles.

Ok, so probably the biggest thing I'm going to be watching for is who they trot out on the field at the WR positions, and how those guys do. I think it's the most interesting piece of adversity we have on the team right now.

Second to that, will probably be MM's playcalling. To be fair, we've looked decent w/our first stringers out there, both games. Decent. Not dominant. But not impotent either. I said in another thread before, I'm not buying into the theory that he's trying not to give anything away. I honestly don't think he has that much worth hiding up his sleeve. This is not based entirely on the 2 preseason games this year, either.

Red zone play. Just in general. Both execution and play calling.

Defensively, going to try and watch the DT position a little closer than I have in the last 2 games. All I can really comment on from those is that we seem to have a ways to go in improving that push up the middle.

Will continue to watch Spoon. He's done ok. Rookie mistakes, sure, but he's been close, and just seems to still be getting used to the speed of the game.

Defensive playcalling. I think we'll see more blitzing in this game, just because it seems to work against this opponent, whether it's us or someone else playing them.

Special teams - they have looked really good on punt coverage IMO. But this is where there will be a lot of battles for a roster spot, so I try to pay attention to who's out there.

Almost forgot: Antone Smith didn't impress me much in the KC game, but he seemed to get more snaps in the NE game, and I thought he did a pretty good job. At first, I was kind of high on Nance, but this guy is scrappy and shifty. He may not be a bad choice for a change-of-pace option, and they seem to be trying to get him involved in some receiving roles.

Well done, it will hard to add much to that. I forget, is Jerry playing in this game?

I hope so, because he is an important part of the puzzle. I have to agree with you about the WR's. I'am sure they will want to trot Bergeron back out there after he made that nice catch and run in the NE game. Outside of Roddy, I don't know what kind of deep

threat speed we have. It was so good to see Harry D get some playing time. This should go far in building his confidence and opening up his game a bit. I beleive our birds will have more confidence against Miami than NE.

Well done, it will hard to add much to that. I forget, is Jerry playing in this game?

I hope so, because he is an important part of the puzzle. I have to agree with you about the WR's. I'am sure they will want to trot Bergeron back out there after he made that nice catch and run in the NE game. Outside of Roddy, I don't know what kind of deep

threat speed we have. It was so good to see Harry D get some playing time. This should go far in building his confidence and opening up his game a bit. I beleive our birds will have more confidence against Miami than NE.

Just read something else that reminded me of one more thing. (And as much as it pains me, I'm watching the NE game again.)

Want to see Dominique Franks returning some punts or kickoffs. I mean, not just fair catching or kneeling in the endzone, but actually making a run for it. I hope he gets some chances.

Hoping all this for Bergeron, in a roundabout way, as I'm wanting to watch the competition between Weems and Bergeron develop. (if there is one) :unsure:

Some of those fair catches may not have been Franks choice. A couple times we had a rush on the punter, which may not have allowed Franks to return it, but I'am Not sure about that. I hadn't really thought that this could come down to Weems or Bergeron in a battle for that last WR spot. If this were the case, then I think it would be an uphill

struggle for Bergeron.

Some of those fair catches may not have been Franks choice. A couple times we had a rush on the punter, which may not have allowed Franks to return it, but I'am Not sure about that. I hadn't really thought that this could come down to Weems or Bergeron in a battle for that last WR spot. If this were the case, then I think it would be an uphill

struggle for Bergeron.

Not sure about it either. But someone needs to RTFU as 70 says. If Franks lit it up at PR/KR and Bergeron ends up being the one to Rise Up, I could see it happening. There are other possibilities at WR as well, I'm just intrigued by Bergeron's possibilities.