Forget the Patriots, it's the Dolphins

Bring It

We got schooled by Belichick, Brady & Co. ................OK, that's history.

What happens next in Miami will tell what kind of team we have in the making.

After a butt kicking at home by the Cool Patriot Gang, on the road in Miami will be very interesting to see how we respond to a real challenge.

Pride. Poise. Attitude. Agressiveness. Coaching.

Answers coming in less than a week.

We got schooled by Belichick, Brady & Co. ................OK, that's history.

What happens next in Miami will tell what kind of team we have in the making.

After a butt kicking at home by the Cool Patriot Gang, on the road in Miami will be very interesting to see how we respond to a real challenge.

Pride. Poise. Attitude. Agressiveness. Coaching.

Answers coming in less than a week.

All I know is they better do your screen name.... ;)

We'll the 3rd game is always the best game anyway, because the starters ususally stay in half the game. So we'll see what we got for 2 quarters. Becuase the 4th game usually sux because no starters are playing in it. Why I really wouldn't care if they extended the season. The 4th game is mainly for backups and is boring as snot. ;)

The best thing about the 4th game? You know when its over the next week the seasons going to start. :)

The teams haven't been scrimmaging against each other all week. The starting line up should be in besides Jenkins and they typically play most of the game to establish a rythymn. There will be a few big passes. They won't show the entire playbook but that has been the talk all season working in more 20+yd pass plays. It happens every year so it's just laughable how many people over analyze the preseason off of 3 series and think the season will take a dive. Nice job Chicken Littles. :rolleyes: Wait and see in September.

I totally disagree.

I know we'll play starters more (first half and usually opening of third quarter) and I also know this will be the first game planning we'll do. However, we will still keep everything, both offensively and defensively, vanilla.

This game won't tell us a thing.

God I wish people would quit placing such weight in preseason games. :rolleyes:

We have played Miami well the last few years, so not sure this game will be much of an indicator. I would like to see the starters go out and play good football, but still isn't much of an indication. We know Miami will run the football. We know they are going to try and get Marshall the ball. If we play well in those two aspects, great. If not, the steelers are right around the corner.

We have played Miami well the last few years, so not sure this game will be much of an indicator. I would like to see the starters go out and play good football, but still isn't much of an indication. We know Miami will run the football. We know they are going to try and get Marshall the ball. If we play well in those two aspects, great. If not, the steelers are right around the corner.

Did you watch their game against the Giants? I made some observations in another thread. Steelers are going to be a helluva lot stronger acid test than the Fins.

Did you watch their game against the Giants? I made some observations in another thread. Steelers are going to be a helluva lot stronger acid test than the Fins.

Only thing I'm glad about tht we played, the Pats and the dolphins before the Steelers. Plenty of starting EXP against the 3-4. The steelers are best at it, them and the Ravens. ;)

the FIRST game of the season will be telling.. and the 2nd game.. and 3rd game.. thats all that matters.. The Colts went 0-4 the year they won the Super Bowl and i think alot of other teams have..

I keep hearing this brought up. Not a big Colts fan, nothing against them, but I'm sure I didn't watch or don't remember all of those preseason games. What it makes me wonder, is did they look like ish going 0-4 or did they lose 4 pretty close games?

Not that it matters, it's just random PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL (oh brother.... :rolleyes: ) s.tream of consciousness stuff....

So far this year, the Giants/Steelers game I watched today has been the most entertaining, and most closely resembled a regular season game. i.e. 2 teams, both trying to win the game.

Edited by kibitzer

the FIRST game of the season will be telling.. and the 2nd game.. and 3rd game.. thats all that matters.. The Colts went 0-4 the year they won the Super Bowl and i think alot of other teams have..

And don't forget two years ago when a certain team looked fantastic during the preseason. They even went 4-0!

Who was that team again?

Oh yeah, that's right, it was the Detroit Lions. :lol:

I keep hearing this brought up. Not a big Colts fan, nothing against them, but I'm sure I didn't watch or don't remember all of those preseason games. What it makes me wonder, is did they look like ish going 0-4 or did they lose 4 pretty close games?

Not that it matters, it's just random PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL (oh brother.... :rolleyes: ) s.tream of consciousness stuff....

So far this year, the Giants/Steelers game I watched today has been the most entertaining, and most closely resembled a regular season game. i.e. 2 teams, both trying to win the game.

They looked like $hit I remember they did look bad, alot of analysts were saying, the colts have finally fallen, then kaboom they win win and win. At times I think they did it on purpose as a psychological advantage, you make yourself look like crap then come out with a whipping stick and beat the crap out of everybody. Trojan horse in a sense. ;)

Look at the Lions they we're 4-0 and then went 0-16. I remember their pre-season games, the analysts were like the Lions are going to be great, then we we're one of the teams that beat the crap out of them. :P

Edited by nativefalcon

I totally disagree.

I know we'll play starters more (first half and usually opening of third quarter) and I also know this will be the first game planning we'll do. However, we will still keep everything, both offensively and defensively, vanilla.

This game won't tell us a thing.

God I wish people would quit placing such weight in preseason games. :rolleyes:

It won't be AS vanilla has the 1st, 2nd, and 4th games

Our first "telling" game is on 9/12/2010.

You are correct. BUT, the first "telling" half of a game will be against MIA. We won't do everything, but we will do enough to know a lil bit more about where our team stands as it is now. Always remember things can click midseason, hence the NY Giants winning the superbowl in '07. If we don't look awesome now, then my hopes is things will click midseason.