Spoon

ATLbound

the touch down on spoon was zone.

You mean the one that he didnt even know the ball was thrown untill he saw the touchdown dance? That was ******.

Sorry for going a little off topic, but ive never played before and was wondering, how do you tell zone from man?

Spoon is a rookie. He showed the speed necessary to keep up in coverage last night. He needs to work on his technique. That will come with experience. Our defenses biggest problem last night was that they were soft. They came out flat, with no intensity. Maybe there hasn't been enough hitting in camp this year. It showed on offense too. It seemed to me that the recievers were dropping passes left and right because they were afraid of contact.

You mean the one that he didnt even know the ball was thrown untill he saw the touchdown dance? That was ******.

Sorry for going a little off topic, but ive never played before and was wondering, how do you tell zone from man?

I would say if the defender is watching and following the receiver/RB (whoever is running a route) instead of the QB, then they are in man coverage assigned to a specific person. If they are dropping back and watching the QB's eyes I would say they are most likely in zone coverage, as they are assigned to a certain "zone" of the field, not a specific person receiver.

Edited by Keion the Carpenter