Tom Gorzelanny, LHP (6-7, 3.85 ERA)

Sunday, August 22, 2:20 PM ET, Wrigley Field

Mike Minor, LHP (1-0, 3.75 ERA)

Randy Wells, RHP (5-11, 4.44 ERA)

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with Cabrera in left, Prado at 3B, and Lee at 1B this is probably the best defensive alignment the Braves have trotted out all season.

Yeah that's a great defensive lineup and like I said yesterday it was a given that Lee would be batting 3rd or 4th.

Also I would like to go back to something Chipper said the other day about Heyward. He said his advice to Heyward is to just spit on the inside pitches and look away and when he gets it attack it. That's similar to something I said on here about a week or so ago. I think it's pretty cool that I said something along those same lines and then Chipper turns around and says almost the same thing.

Chipper also said that Heyward needed to be more aggressive.

I am actually glad it is a day game. I want to see how Lee does. Hopefully he make a good first impression on us. I can't remember the last time we traded for a player and next time they play was against their former team. When we traded for Neagle. Was his next start vs the Pirates? That is the only thing that I can only recall.

I am actually glad it is a day game. I want to see how Lee does. Hopefully he make a good first impression on us. I can't remember the last time we traded for a player and next time they play was against their former team. When we traded for Neagle. Was his next start vs the Pirates? That is the only thing that I can only recall.

Wasn't Nate McLouth's 1st game with us against the Pirates?

Also they said yesterday that Lee is going to be #27. Let's hope history repeats it's self! B)

Yeah that's a great defensive lineup and like I said yesterday it was a given that Lee would be batting 3rd or 4th.

Also I would like to go back to something Chipper said the other day about Heyward. He said his advice to Heyward is to just spit on the inside pitches and look away and when he gets it attack it. That's similar to something I said on here about a week or so ago. I think it's pretty cool that I said something along those same lines and then Chipper turns around and says almost the same thing.

Chipper also said that Heyward needed to be more aggressive.

Hes back to watching too many hittable 1st pitches and gets in the hole from the start.

Hes back to watching too many hittable 1st pitches and gets in the hole from the start.

Yep. But the big positive in all of this is that it's a lot easier to get on someone for not being aggressive enough than it is to pull back the reigns and try to get someone to be not so aggressive. There's a very fine line there to walk.

Yep just saw that. And Chip Caray proves again that he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Joe Simpson said there was a sparkle in Lee's eye when he got to the ballpark today and saw the flags. And Chip said yeah the wind is blowing out which makes for a great day for the hitters. Joe wasn't even talking about the **** wind. He was talking about the flags representing the standings. Again Chip is as dumb as a box of rocks!