Atlanta Falcons Falcons coach Mike Smith: Biermann pushing for starting spot

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year JA98 played the 3rd highest amount of snaps for all DL. Only Abe and Babs had more.

You claim he has a reduced role this year? Are you aware he is playing in both the base sets and subsets? Please explain to me about this "reduced role" you've baked up between your ears, because it sure as heck aint reality.

I'm being serious here, you guys who still are down on JA98 do not deal with reality, you come up with this stuff in your heads and post is as fact. This "reduced role" thing is a perfect example.

You just don't get it Gazz. And I'm being serious. If Jerry has healed properly, he and Babs will get the majority of the snaps in the dt rotatoin. I thought you had enough smarts to figure that one out.

But be sure to continue having fun and don't let it get you down.

However, there is something I just don't understand; Anderson has the 3rd most snaps but da Beerman had more tackles with less snaps. :ph34r:

Only Gazoo can turn it into a victory that Jamaal has a reduced role at DE and moved to DT in hopes he has some value.

You're talking and talking and talking but in the end, you're still wrong. If he was ever as productive as you claimed him to be, he wouldn't have been moved in the first place!

Edited by Mojo Risin

You just don't get it Gazz. And I'm being serious. If Jerry has healed properly, he and Babs will get the majority of the snaps in the dt rotatoin. I thought you had enough smarts to figure that one out.

Oh, I get it alright. You want to deal with conjecture and speculation as I deal with facts and reality:

FACT: JA98 had the 3rd most snaps of all DL last season

FACT: JA98 has been a starter ever since Smitty and TD gt here

FACT: TD cut all but 4 starters from our starting defense. JA98 is one of them he kept

FACT: Smitty said JA98 will be playing in both base and sub defensie sets

Speculation: Well golly gee Gazz, if Jerry comes back and if Babs gets snaps then shcuks, that means it is a certifiable fact that JA98 will have a reduced role AND proves TD really hates him, it proves Smitty deep down inside thinks JA98 is a horrible player and therefore, based on this logic it is a 100% fact JA98 will be cut next offseason after he gets benches this year.

FACT: Smitty stated he wants Babs and JA55 to have reduced roles this year via less snaps. (wonder if nobinski thinks Babs is a bubble player who may not last through final roster cuts due to this reduced role?)

And the funny thing is, you can't even see that you peddle speculation and and I'm simply dealing with facts. JA98 is set to have a big role n the defense this season, and all the if, and or buts in your arguments don;t change this.

Only Gazoo can turn it into a victory that Jamaal has a reduced role at DE and moved to DT in hopes he has some value.

You're talking and talking and talking but in the end, you're still wrong. If he was ever as productive as you claimed him to be, he wouldn't have been moved in the first place!

They moved Beirmann to RDE and LDE last game and according to your dislocated logic this means Beirmann is not productive or they wouldn't have tried that change in positions. Gee, our LBs and OL play mutlple positions too, it must be because they are all bad players....can't have anything to do with the philosophy of the coaching staff and TD.

You guys can't spin that facts all you want, but Babs and JA55 are said to be getting reduced roles by Smitty, and that does not mean they are bad players.

Coach always knows best. He nailed it on the head. The stalling of the O and our D on 3rf down are my biggest concerns. But Smith made a good point, on 3rd down we are too passive and cautious. The FG game worries me too.

I agree. Were too cautious at times, and it's hurting us. You have to take chances at times, and show that you have confidence in the offense. I think a lot of times our play calling is predictable, and our opponent knows what were gonna do before the coaches call the play.

They moved Beirmann to RDE and LDE last game and according to your dislocated logic this means Beirmann is not productive or they wouldn't have tried that change in positions. Gee, our LBs and OL play mutlple positions too, it must be because they are all bad players....can't have anything to do with the philosophy of the coaching staff and TD.

You guys can't spin that facts all you want, but Babs and JA55 are said to be getting reduced roles by Smitty, and that does not mean they are bad players.

The only one spinning anything is you, sir.

Try spinning the fact that if Anderson were ever as productive as you claimed him to be, why was he moved to begin with? Hmmm?

It's quite obvious that Anderson isn't being moved around because he is beasting. He is moved because his production as a DE on passing downs is subpar. According to you, he was doing oh so great. The move says otherwise. The only reason he is at DE in base packages is because he still has some kind of value against the run.

Edited by Mojo Risin

The only one spinning anything is you, sir.

Try spinning the fact that if Anderson were ever as productive as you claimed him to be, why was he moved to begin with? Hmmm?

If he were anywhere near as unproductive as you claim he as been, he would have been cut as you predicted the last two seasons and ended up having egg on your face because he is still here. TD has cut all but 4 defensive starters since getting here. To suggest TD decided to keep a bad player at this point is patently absurd after he completely rebuilt the defense and kept JA98to be a huge part of it.

If he were anywhere near as unproductive as your claim, he would not have logged the 3rd highest snap count of all DL last season.

Your dislocated logic about him having a "reduced role" after listening to coaches say he's going to be an all down DL again this year, while ignoring coach saying Babs and JA98 WERE going to have reduced roles and this is not because they are underperforming is stunning.

I realize it is not that you guys are ignorant, it is that you guys know so much that isn't true.

If he were anywhere near as unproductive as you claim he as been, he would have been cut as you predicted the last two seasons and ended up having egg on your face because he is still here.

If he were anywhere near as unproductive as your claim, he would not have logged the 3rd highest snap count of all DL last season.

Your dislocated logic about him having a "reduced role" after listening to coaches say he's going to be an all down DL again this year, while ignoring coach saying Babs and JA98 WERE going to have reduced roles and this is not because they are underperforming is stunning.

I realize it is not that you guys are ignorant, it is that you guys know so much that isn't true.

You don't attribute this to Jerry being hurt? :huh:

You don't attribute this to Jerry being hurt? :huh:

Jerry is a DT. JA98, per our own argument on this thread ws playing mostly DE last season and has a reduced role because he will be playing more DT this year.

I love being able to use your own argument against you. Not to mention, I just hammered you into the ground and instead of ackowledging defeat, you reply by creating a new argument.

You have been, and continue to be just plain worng about JA98. All your wild predictions about how he would be cut by now, was going to get beat out by Davis last year then cut this offseason, no way would he be a stater last year, was only kept for cap hit (uncapped year we could have cut him this offseason with no slary cap ramifications) yet HE IS STILL HERE ......ALL YOUR PAST PREDICTIONS HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT HIM. Yet, you keep making more wild assertions about how he's got a reduced role this year after Smitty himself already told us he's going to be an every down DL again.

*smh in disbelief*

Whoa, wait a second killer. When did I say he was going to be cut? I remember saying that we didn't have the depth to cut him.

Btw, I remember many of us saying that a move to DT was probably going to happen because as a stop gap(about all he is good for), it's better suited for him.

Look, I know you can't get a refund on your #98 bathrobe and it's so hard for you to admit that all of your optimism about him is hard to go back on but you can refuse to admit it all you want, 95% of the board and fans know that Anderson has been a big disappointment.

Whoa, wait a second killer. When did I say he was going to be cut? I remember saying that we didn't have the depth to cut him.

Yet here we are, with depth along the DL like we've never had before, and he's still not just here, but he is set for a huge role as an every down player, in both starting and sub packages.

Looks like that theory of yours is all blown to he11, but we know you've already cooked up another in the "reduced role" nonsense argument I already shattered.

Yet here we are, with depth along the DL like we've never had before, and he's still not just here, but he is set for a huge role as an every down player, in both starting and sub packages.

Looks like that theory of yours is all blown to he11, but we know you've already cooked up another in the "reduced role" nonsense argument I already shattered.

LDE 98 // J Anderson 92 // C Davis 71 // K Biermann

DT 95 // J Babineaux 91 // C Peters 97 // T Lewis

DT 94 // P Jerry 93 // T Johnson 99 // V Walker

RDE 55 // J Abraham 90 // L Sidbury 96 // E Stephens

With Bierman pushing for the starting spot as this topic shows, you think Anderson is going to start over Babineaux or Jerry? If not, then that obviously suggests a reduced role. LOL

So you claim there is this "MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE" that you have that proves the coaches don;t have it right. Why is it, do you sugfgest, that the NFL Coach of the Year can;t see this "MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE" you have??

We go back to the same thing, where some of you have absolutely convinced yourselves that your opinions are facts, and I've pointed to several examples of it just in this thread.

Part of my mountain of evidence is all the times you have stated you were disappointed in his performance too. Or did you conveniently forget that, Mr. Armchair? What gives you the right to hate on a player? Don't you trust the coaches?

Where was our pass rush last year? We re-signed Davis he disappeared, JA proved he was not a pass rusher, Abe, who knows what happened there. So if it wasn't a mistake why were we so thin on pass rushers last year? Last time I checked we were going forward with the same personnel hoping for new results.

Explain how it is a good idea to have no depth for pass rushing. Sidbury may or may not turn into a pass rusher but we have two ends that are definitely not pass rushers. How is that not a mistake? You read what Smitty said, he expects more production from JA as a DT and they are resigned that he is not going to be a pass rusher. Shouldn't JA or Davis be cut and sign some reasonable quality depth?

Look, I am happy to have these guys running our team. At the same time it is not impossible to see mistakes. Let's say your defense had given up around 400+ yards and was struggling to get stops that didn't end in TDs. Do you punt on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter when down by 2 scores or do you leave it with the only side of the ball that is working? Smitty punted it awau and even Ryan knew it was a mistake.

Part of my mountain of evidence is all the times you have stated you were disappointed in his performance too.

I was disappointed in JA55 too. In fact, the entire DL was a big disappointment at times.

Where was our pass rush last year?

Beirmann played LDE and Abe played RDE in passing situations. Babs started at DT and we rotated many other DTs. Our awful secondary and limited abilities of the LBs all cotributed to the DL struggles. Hows that working for you sparky?

Explain how it is a good idea to have no depth for pass rushing.

Ok, so by your own acounbt he;s not a pass rusher, but now you suggest they can;t let him go because they wouldn't have a capable backup pass rusher.....you're killin me, it is too easy to destroy your alf baked arguments.

Look, I am happy to have these guys running our team. At the same time it is not impossible to see mistakes.

You compare making a "mistake" with starting JA98 for 2 straight seasons in a row , bringing him back for a 3rd season and claim that's "a mistake", just an oversight or something.

No sparky, TD and Smitty would have t be complete fools to start a player for 3 straight seasons without any knowledge of this "MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE" you keep suggesting exists. Of course cioaches can make mistakes, but what you tryig to frame as a simple mistake would be blatant neglegence of their duties and NO, I do not think they are apable of blatant neglegence.

You all think you know football with all your analysis, but you don't know ****. You debate weather Biermann should start, which is a no brainer, yet think our wide reciver core is adequate. You people are football stupid.

What exactly makes you think you're smarter than anyone else here? While most agree Biermann should be a starter, your argument saying Roddy's not a #1 shows you lack of football intelligence.

You all think you know football with all your analysis, but you don't know ****. You debate weather Biermann should start, which is a no brainer, yet think our wide reciver core is adequate. You people are football stupid.

If you are going to point out our stupidity:

weather should be spelled whether; basic elementary school grammer

LDE 98 // J Anderson 92 // C Davis 71 // K Biermann

DT 95 // J Babineaux 91 // C Peters 97 // T Lewis

DT 94 // P Jerry 93 // T Johnson 99 // V Walker

RDE 55 // J Abraham 90 // L Sidbury 96 // E Stephens

With Bierman pushing for the starting spot as this topic shows, you think Anderson is going to start over Babineaux or Jerry? If not, then that obviously suggests a reduced role. LOL

Last year when JA98 won the starting LDE spot over Beirmann and Chauncey Davis (which you predicted would never happen because JA98 would be cut by then), after JA98 won the starting spot in the competition, you and your acolytes proclaimed with conviction that "In Smittys scheme all the DL are starters" so the fact that JA98 was named the starte meant nothing.

Suddenly, this year, you are of the opinion that being named the starter is of historical significance and it proves the player is better. I assume if JA98 is the starter you will feel it means he won it since you feel if Beirmann is named starter it means the same.

TWO QUESTIONS FOR MOLE RESIN: I CHALLENGE HIM TO STATE HIS CLEAR POSITION ON

1. I must ask you to state your position clearly on the starting position so that at the beginning of the season, on opening day, whoever is lined up at the starting LDE we already know what you think that means.

2. It appears from your analysis that JA55 and Babineuax are going to have reduced roles. What do these reduced roles mean to you? Do you feel that fact that Babs playing less snaps this year means he's underperformed or the coaches feel other players are better than him or do you feel the reduced role will simply be to keep him fresher and more a function of the rotation scheme we implement here?

Jamal gets a break because he was the 8th overall pick in 2007 and therefore our financial investment in him makes him untradeable and monster salary cap hit if you release him. He would of passed thru waivers like **** through a goose. If he would of been a fifth round draft pick....he might have been cut last year and then brought back after Jerry's injury.

Fortunatley for Jamal and us he has the physical presence to slide down to DT and concetrate on just pure penetration instead of being the high profile DE with no stats.

That being said...he does have a ton of god given ability that for reasons yet unexplained have not translated into sacks, pressures and hurries.

I really believe that once he can get the spot light off him a bit he will relax and be a much much better player....Kroy is oblivious to all the talk about him and he is relaxing and just preforming like he knows he can. Id hate to see the pressure he would of been under being a high draft pick....

God Speed Falcons