Atlanta Falcons Falcons coach Mike Smith: Biermann pushing for starting spot

a lot of tackles means nothing to me, remember kb56 tackling machine at 8 yards past the line of scrimage. IMO bierman is really good at penetrating and rushin the passer, but many times he overruns the play and leaves a big gap behind him. JA98 is less flashy, but almost every time he abosrbs the tackle and sometimes the guard also, that allows the lb to amke the tackles. I'm not a defending anderson, but at this point, i think he is better run defender than bierman, also mike smith said he is our lde for the base package.

Good post FFSain.

Btw.....what part of Spain are you from? I was just over in Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca last month. I LOVED Barcelona and La Rambla, what a beautiful, spectacular city Barcelona is to visit.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole 'Jamaal is good at run defense" is pure BS.

this is where the delirium of armchair coaching takes over all reality.

You make this claim as if it is factual "The whole Jamaal is good at run defense is pure BS" and back it up with a weak argument about tackles.

Your assertion completely defies reality, it defies how Beirmann and JA98 are used by the coaches and quotes we've heard from them.

Since you dismiss any positive comment made about JA98 from this staff as "coach speak" it doesn't surprise me that reality eludes you on this subject and you could make that quoted statement above as factual. It's not factual, it defies the facts and you just aren;t able to grasp this. Any objective long time NFL fan is able to see JA98 is very good against the run, but this is secondardy to what the coaches say and ow they utilize the players.

actually, he earned it last year. oh well (sigh)

more armchair delirium........if you feel that this coaching staff and front office don't uderstand as much as you do about JA98 and Beirmann, why have you not gone after Coach Smitty?

If this is as obvious as you imply, why not speak up against NFL Head Coach of the Year Smitty and tell him he doesn't understand these players as good as you do?

Why not go to the NFL GM of the Year Tom Dimitroff and tell him he's got it all wrong and provide him your highly informed player profile of each ?????

After all, you imply your opnion as a fan is factual, so you must have a serious beef with them.

Now......those of us who live on planet earth have a litle more faith in Smitty and TDs opinions than we do yours, so sorry to burt your bubble but your opinion is not a fact.

more armchair delirium........if you feel that this coaching staff and front office don't uderstand as much as you do about JA98 and Beirmann, why have you not gone after Coach Smitty?

If this is as obvious as you imply, why not speak up against NFL Head Coach of the Year Smitty and tell him he doesn't understand these players as good as you do?

Why not go to the NFL GM of the Year Tom Dimitroff and tell him he's wrong?????

After all, you imply your opnion as a fan is factual, so you must have a serious beef with them.

Now......those of us who live on planet earth have a litle more faith in Smitty and TDs opinions than we do yours, so sorry to burt your bubble but your opinion is not a fact.

Gazz, my dear ole friend gazz; your button is soooo easy to push. Besides, what you say can go both ways. (arm chair fans) Also, I have stated in previous posts my difference of opinon with smitty about anderson. So I got you there too old pal.

Why did you go after me when another poster mentioned that Beirman had already earned it before I did?

you are trying to push my button :( you have saddend me to no end. :( :(

But look on the brighter side. Oh wait, you left that part out.

Wha? :huh:

I'm the farthest thing from a JA98 hugger, but I never thought that for a minute.

He's been mostly useless at DE where we have Abraham and blooming Biermann. Chauncey was re-signed so he'll be around. And Sidbury is the new project DE.

At DT where he had a better chance we have Babineaux and Jerry. Behind them is our second pick Corey Peters, and good backups in Walker and Lewis.

It's a perfect season to take the pay hit because we don't have a cap.

He's been mostly useless at DE where we have Abraham and blooming Biermann. Chauncey was re-signed so he'll be around. And Sidbury is the new project DE.

At DT where he had a better chance we have Babineaux and Jerry. Behind them is our second pick Corey Peters, and good backups in Walker and Lewis.

It's a perfect season to take the pay hit because we don't have a cap.

Ok, well nice job in making your case. It's just if you believe any talk out of the coaches' mouths, it doesn't sound like they're considering it in the least. I'm not sold on Jerry yet. Can't judge what I can't see. At least JA was doing a better job moved over to DT.

Good post FFSain.

Btw.....what part of Spain are you from? I was just over in Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca last month. I LOVED Barcelona and La Rambla, what a beautiful, spectacular city Barcelona is to visit.

well, i live in a village near barcelona, if you liked BCN i recommend you to visit

Madrid and sevilla or granada, both are great cities too.

I was thinking Jamaal might not even make the team, but Peters injury may have saved him

More of the delirium.....

You simply are not living in the real world if at the point Peters got hurt, you honestly still believed JA98 was gong to get cut.

This assertion is just so far from what we've been told, hw we see him being used, the rumblings/priase out of training camp, the quotes from the coaches to Pat Yasinskas......you seem to be blocked from seeing this clearly, your mind rejects all this and you pass it off in your own mind as "what do you expect them to say".

As long as you continue to deny reality, you'll be largely wrong on your opinions.

I'm just being honest with you my friend, I'm not attacking you. You are welcome to your pinions, no matter how skewed the rationale is behind them.

well, i live in a village near barcelona, if you liked BCN i recommend you to visit

Madrid and sevilla or granada, both are great cities too.

I do plan on going back, so I'll check out Granada and Madrid.

I wanted to mention this, I spect 3 days hanging out at La Rambla and the "anything goes" eclecticism is so cool there, everyone fits in. Nothing summed this up better than the last day I was there, there were people and families walking about the streets and I see this dude walking stark naked down the middle of the street among hundreds and it fazed no one.

Gazz, my dear ole friend gazz; your button is soooo easy to push.

You are welcome to mischaracterize my position for whatever your motives, but the fact of the matter is, I'm having a BLAST with the fact Anderson is still here and has been getting unsolicited praise from Smitty. Pat Yasinskas reproted he had been hearing JA98 was tearing it up in camp but wanted to see it with his own eyes before reporting it to us, which he did. He also confirmed this with Smitty.

I am having a ball with this whole thing, JA98 has been told by guys like you he had no chance, and he's already proved you wrong in that respect, but now he's really coming on and while some former critics have simply admitted they were wrong about him, we have guys like you so dug in you refuse to admit JA98 has caused you to have egg all over your face.

B)

You are welcome to mischaracterize my position for whatever your motives, but the fact of the matter is, I'm having a BLAST with the fact Anderson is still here and has been getting unsolicited praise from Smitty. Pat Yasinskas reproted he had been hearing JA98 was tearing it up in camp but wanted to see it with his own eyes before reporting it to us, which he did. He also confirmed this with Smitty.

I am having a ball with this whole thing, JA98 has been told by guys like you he had no chance, and he's already proved you wrong in that respect, but now he's really coming on and while some former critics have simply admitted they were wrong about him, we have guys like you so dug in you refuse to admit JA98 has caused you to have egg all over your face.

B)

Speaking of Coach Smith, I believe he said that Biermann is pushing Jamaal for the starting job. I believe this is year two that Jamaal's job is in jeopardy. Last year it was Davis pushing Jamaal for his job. I don't recall hearing that Abe's job is in jeopardy, or Ryan's job is in jeopardy or Turner's job is in jeopardy, etc, etc. Seems like there is a pattern here. Maybe just maybe the coaching staff is not pleased with Jamaals performance and that's why they keep looking for a replacement.

B)

I'm having fun too ole pal. Loads of it. I'm not one of those that ever said Andeson wouldn't make the roster. However, I was/am surprised that he has managed (to my dislike) to maintain a starting position. Even in the MUCH REDUCED role that the coaches have placed him in.

Just by the much reduced role statement, it's easy to see who has the most egg on their faces. :lol:;)B)

Keep up the fun !! da Beerman deserves to be the starter

Biermann gets into the backfield from the LDE. Anderson does not. I am not afraid to say it. It has been a mistake to keep Anderson as a starter. Gazoo thinks that coaches are infallible and as fans we are not allowed to draw conclusions even with a mountain of evidence. If the coaches are infallible why did we get caught last year with no secondary in the preseason? Many fans on this board predicted that it was a problem but others said the coaches knew what they were doing and to trust them.

I'm having fun too ole pal. Loads of it. I'm not one of those that ever said Andeson wouldn't make the roster. However, I was/am surprised that he has managed (to my dislike) to maintain a starting position. Even in the MUCH REDUCED role that the coaches have placed him in.

Just by the much reduced role statement, it's easy to see who has the most egg on their faces. :lol:;)B)

Keep up the fun !! da Beerman deserves to be the starter

Last year JA98 played the 3rd highest amount of snaps for all DL. Only Abe and Babs had more.

You claim he has a reduced role this year? Are you aware he is playing in both the base sets and subsets? Please explain to me about this "reduced role" you've baked up between your ears, because it sure as heck aint reality.

I'm being serious here, you guys who still are down on JA98 do not deal with reality, you come up with this stuff in your heads and post is as fact. This "reduced role" thing is a perfect example.

Last year JA98 played the 3rd highest amount of snaps for all DL. Only Abe and Babs had more.

You claim he has a reduced role this year? Are you aware he is playing in both the base sets and subsets? Please explain to me about this "reduced role" you've baked up between your ears, because it sure as heck aint reality.

I'm being serious here, you guys who still are down on JA98 do not deal with reality, you come up with this stuff in your heads and post is as fact. This "reduced role" thing is a perfect example.

gazoo, he may have a reduced role as a DE and a increased role at DT.

Gazoo thinks that coaches are infallible and as fans we are not allowed to draw conclusions even with a mountain of evidence.

So you claim there is this "MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE" that you have that proves the coaches don;t have it right. Why is it, do you sugfgest, that the NFL Coach of the Year can;t see this "MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE" you have??

We go back to the same thing, where some of you have absolutely convinced yourselves that your opinions are facts, and I've pointed to several examples of it just in this thread.

So you claim there is this "MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE" that you have that proves the coaches don;t have it right. Why is it, do you sugfgest, that the NFL Coach of the Year can;t see this "MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE" you have??

We go back to the same thing, where some of you have absolutely convinced yourselves that your opinions are facts, and I've pointed to several examples of it just in this thread.

Biermann has execeeded expectations and Jamal has done very little to warrant our investment in him. That is reality, That being said..I sat behind his parents and they are such good people...I hope he finally busts out this year,,,well I hope both Kroy and Jamal do

Edited by kcchiefs