I know this has been beaten to death

New Site  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the site should revert back to the way it was?

2. 2. If no, then do you think it should have been released in it's current form?

The new site is the polar opposite of what it used to be, which was one of the best sites in the NFL, if not the best. I don't know what kind of vision you guys have for the site, but if what is there now is any indication, then it's surely not a very good one. The new one looks like you took a hat, put cut out words into it, shook it, and just randomly placed words around it. Looking at it is like listening to an ADHD person who has forgotten to take their meds talk. All over the place. That on top of the layout just looking pretty cheap. That thing is hideous. Please revert back to the old one.

I find the new site to be much faster and I like that the Forums has its own band width.

The In Game Thread will be the Litmus Test

However I did like the Old Front Page a bit better, but it had issues too.

The up side to this is that the Main Page can be visually changed for ease of navigation.

I hear ya, but it looks like an alpha build that never should have been released. Maybe they should have done a few betas with some message board members that frequent the site first and worked all of the bugs out before they dropped it. It's like trying to find waldo.

In all my years here, I have never seen them go backwards when new sites or MBs were rolled out, so really, resistance is futile. Besides - it's really not that bad, and the webmasters seem to be addressing issues as they're identified (for the most part). I'll offer the schedule page as an example. It's at least one thing I can point to that is definitely better than before now. It wasn't when they first put it up, but it is now. B)

Doesn't really bother me at all. I am starting to like it alot more. If it can hold up on game day without crashing, I am totally sold.

I keep reading where people are saying that about the boards. Did Moderator or someone else from Flowery Branch say anything about that? I definitely missed it if they did.

The boards and the main site should have been on different hardware all along, unless they were going on the cheap all this time. So it wouldn't make any difference for game day what goes on with the main site and vice versa, but maybe they weren't and just recently split them off?

I keep reading where people are saying that about the boards. Did Moderator or someone else from Flowery Branch say anything about that? I definitely missed it if they did.

The boards and the main site should have been on different hardware all along, unless they were going on the cheap all this time. So it wouldn't make any difference for game day what goes on with the main site and vice versa, but maybe they weren't and just recently split them off?

No, I am not sure if they were on different hardware or not. I was just hoping that by updating the site, that they addressed the problem with the board crashing for long periods of time after an during the game.

No, I am not sure if they were on different hardware or not. I was just hoping that by updating the site, that they addressed the problem with the board crashing for long periods of time after an during the game.

Darn, then we probably won't see any difference. A web redesign of Atlantafalcons.com won't address server capacity which seems to be what crashes this site. They've upgraded the boards and their servers before and each time, the boards were taken down. I don't recall them going down when the main site was updated, so I doubt we'll see any changes on this end. Heck, they've crashed every other time when they actually updated the boards. We'll find out in a few weeks.

I am so sick of the negativity about the new boards. These guys ahve worked around the clock for months to get the new site out before the season started. For all of the folks that feel the need to constantly complain about it, why not be contructive and post in the pinned thread dedicated to fixing the problems?

This thread is garbage, and I am sick of it personally.

I am so sick of the negativity about the new boards. These guys ahve worked around the clock for months to get the new site out before the season started. For all of the folks that feel the need to constantly complain about it, why not be contructive and post in the pinned thread dedicated to fixing the problems?

You have the luxury of being sick about it without the responsibility of doing anything to correct it. Thankfully, those guys who worked around the clock and have that responsibility aren't complaining about being sick. They have welcomed comments including the bad ones and have shown far greater concern for getting things right, than complaining and saying that they are sick of the negativity.

This thread might be garbage, not saying otherwise but so are complaints about negativity simply because the guys have 'worked around the clock.' They have themselves said that their work is not finished and as someone who said that he didn't like the new site as it currently is (though not in this thread). I will tell you that I do appreciate that those who are actually doing the work value that negativity more than you seem to and will consider it in producing something that serves this community which includes the ones complaining and voicing their negativity.

We really don't need multiple threads on this, no disagreement there. I thought you guys were allowed to merge threads.

I'm cool with it...like someone just mentioned, I just use the home page to find videos. Now, a few issues I do have is the ads before the videos load up. The one with Freddie always loads while it plays which causes it to skip, while Abraham's plays all the way through. Some of the vids do this as well. I hate having to pause a video on YouTube to give it time to load and I hate doing it here...isn't DSL enough??? On the old format, videos loaded quicker and played with ease. Another thing that kind of irks me is having to scroll up every time I click a vid to watch. One last thing that irks me...all those icons for vids. Can the staff come up with a better way of categorizing the vids using less icons to click??? That's just too many icons to try and find one particular video. Oh, and tighten up the visual presence...the old format is smashing this one so far, JMO. Other than that, I'm good...can't wait to see how the new format turns out. :)

Wow, so what you are saying is the only opinions that are supposed to be expressed are those that are in line with yours and positive? I would say that's garbage. I don't doubt that those guys are working their butts off on improving things, but if i do a job and it's not as great as it should be, then I go back and fix it. As it stands right now, the site looks like something greatly unfinished that they were tinkering with that should have been completed before replacing what wasn't broke.

Wow, so what you are saying is the only opinions that are supposed to be expressed are those that are in line with yours and positive? I would say that's garbage. I don't doubt that those guys are working their butts off on improving things, but if i do a job and it's not as great as it should be, then I go back and fix it. As it stands right now, the site looks like something greatly unfinished that they were tinkering with that should have been completed before replacing what wasn't broke.

You could have used the search function Vicious (fx "New website"), and you would have found roughly 200 results to choose from, without having to start a new thread. There is nothing easier than pointing fingers at the work others have put in, but at the same time you should have the decency to (like REv. Hal suggested), post your feedback in the suggestions forum.

Your post ultimately doesnt suggest anything other than bringing back the old website, which makes me wonder if your problem isnt more the change in itself, rather than the new design. Thats how I look at it, since the old website wasnt without its flaws either.

Btw, your poll is very colored in the aspect of the old site being superior and I dont agree with that. Another thing, how the heck is it that 30 people answers a question you can only answer if you answered no in the first, which only 20 people did? :lol:

You could have used the search function Vicious (fx "New website"), and you would have found roughly 200 results to choose from, without having to start a new thread. There is nothing easier than pointing fingers at the work others have put in, but at the same time you should have the decency to (like REv. Hal suggested), post your feedback in the suggestions forum.

Your post ultimately doesnt suggest anything other than bringing back the old website, which makes me wonder if your problem isnt more the change in itself, rather than the new design. Thats how I look at it, since the old website wasnt without its flaws either.

Btw, your poll is very colored in the aspect of the old site being superior and I dont agree with that. Another thing, how the heck is it that 30 people answers a question you can only answer if you answered no in the first, which only 20 people did? :lol:

Well I don't have the time to research every post I make to see if others made it. I understand where you are coming form on that as there are many times where there are redundant threads, but you'll have to give me pass this once for not checking on that. I think that the old site looked way better than the new one. The new one looks like they went backwards. It's not easy to navigate, and is all over the place. Just my opinion. Not sure about the poll numbers, though :lol: Many of the long time posters know me to be mostly positive until something provokes me to be negative. I'm usually taking defensive stances for guys that get crapped on all of the time. So I just felt like I would vent a little about what I feel to be an unfinished product being pushed out too early.

Well I don't have the time to research every post I make to see if others made it. I understand where you are coming form on that as there are many times where there are redundant threads, but you'll have to give me pass this once for not checking on that.

Really? So...you title your post "I know this has been beaten to death"...and you now claim

you didnt know there was already posts on this?

Com'n man. :rolleyes:

Redundant thread + empty complaints = derp.

Really? So...you title your post "I know this has been beaten to death"...and you now claim

you didnt know there was already posts on this?

Com'n man. :rolleyes:

Redundant thread + empty complaints = derp.

Actually I was referring to the complaint, bugs, etc thread that is pinned, but I'll give you an A for trying.