Biermann recognized

gritzblitz

Brian Baldinger had a nice article for the NFL Channel on Biermann noting he was similar to several successful pass rushers in the league now (Jared Allen etc) in the fact they were late round picks with a constant motor and they had to work their way up. I disagree with him when he said Biermann did not make an impact as a rookie...I thought he did...he also thought he was drafted in the 6th Rd.

Later in the full article he was praising the O-Line calling it the strength of the team and that Dahl was one of the best OG in the league...he started losing me then....

link:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/08/16/expect-a-big-season-out-of-high-motor-biermann/

Expect a big season out of high-motor Biermann

Posted: August 16th, 2010 | Brian Baldinger | Tags: Atlanta Falcons, Kansas City Chiefs, Michael Turner, Jamaal Charles, Brian Baldinger, John Abraham, Harvey Dahl, Charlie Weis, Dexter McCluster, Kroy Biermann

One player I couldn’t ignore while calling the Falcons/Chiefs preseason game on television last week was Kroy Biermann.

If you look at some of the great pass rushers in the NFL right now — Jared Allen, Trent Cole and Elvis Dumervil — all of them entered the league as late-round draft pick, either in the fourth or fifth round. None of them set the league on fire at first, either.

But all of those players have some traits in common — the motor they have for the game, and a fire that fuels their play. Those things are always there. These guys aren’t one-dimensional players, as they understand that by stopping the run, they gain a luxury to rush the passer.

I believe that Biermann can be one of those players.

He made the Falcons roster as a sixth-round pick, but didn’t have much of an impact when he got on the field. Last season, he was used as a situational pass rusher and had some impact with 5.0 sacks. This season, I think he can make a big impact. I’m expecting double-digits in sacks.

Biermann made his presence felt early against the Chiefs by beating the right tackle to force a fumble by Matt Cassell. The Falcons desperately need someone opposite John Abraham, and I see Biermann as that guy

hmm kerney 2.0?

No. I think Sidbury is going to be Kerney 2.0

Biermann is going to be Biermann. That guys motor, his work ethic and "want" to be the best is off the charts. He had a sack and force fumble, and was milliseconds from two othere sacks. Beast.

I said this last year. We are going to have to PAY Biermann.

No. I think Sidbury is going to be Kerney 2.0

Biermann is going to be Biermann. That guys motor, his work ethic and "want" to be the best is off the charts. He had a sack and force fumble, and was milliseconds from two othere sacks. Beast.

I said this last year. We are going to have to PAY Biermann.

Those are the same qualities that Kerney showed. He never had the typical NFL body, but he worked hard as **** to make it into one and even harder to keep it that way. Within 2 years of him retiring, he will be down to 230-240 pounds.

Sidbury just reminds me of a wolverine every time I see him play.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here. I used to be afraid of what or D-Line would look like after Abe was gone, but no more. Now, I look at our starting D-Line in the future being Beirmann, Jerry, Babineaux, & Sidbury with Peters and Anderson mixed in and I have no fear. I think "What about if we need some depth" and think "Then TD will find some in the draft". It's an incredible feeling.

To look at the D-Line, LB Core, and Secondary and realize all the work done in just 3 offseasons, it's incredible. Just think, for the 2007 season, the Falcons starting D was:

LDE - Jamaal Anderson

LDT - Grady Jackson

RDT - Jonathan Babineaux

RDE - John Abraham

LLB - Michael Boley

MLB - Keith Brooking

RLB - Demorrio Williams

LCB - DeAngelo Hall

RCB - Chris Houston

SS - Lawyer Milloy

FS - Chris Crocker

Only 3 of those players are still around. That big of a turnover in just 3 offseasons is incredible, and yet I do not fear we will have a bad defense. On the contrary, I think we have built a D that can be very good for years to come.