RapidReports - Aug 16th 2010

11:41 am RB Jerious Norwood said he's been battling this hip flexor injury for 10 months. "Hopefully we have the problem fixed now so I can put on the pads and play ball," Norwood said.

11:40 am RB Jerious Norwood (hip flexor) on practicing for the first time since Aug. 1: "It felt great to get back out there and start moving around, to get back into the swing of things."

11:32 am Coach Mike Smith said CB Dunta Robinson (hamstring) is "real, real close" to getting back on the field. "If it were the regular season, it would be a completely different situation than what we're seeing right now," Smith said.

11:30 am The Falcons will host New England for two combined practices Tuesday, something coach Mike Smith thinks may become a trend. "I believe if we go to an 18-game regular season and go to two preseason games, you'll see more teams working with one another," Smith said.

11:26 am Coach Mike Smith on what RB Jerious Norwood brings to the Falcons when healthy: "We can line him up at different spots and create mismatches. He's a guy we want to get back and be a part of this offense."

11:25 am Coach Mike Smith on RB Jerious Norwood battling through his hip flexor injury: "I think he keeps a very positive attitude. He's a guy who always has a smile on his face. ... I think he's done a good job staying level-headed about his injury."

11:24 am oach Mike Smith said RB Jerious Norwood (hip flexor), CB Brian Williams (knee) and CB Dunta Robinson (hamstring) are on track to play in the third preseason game against Miami.

11:22 am Coach Mike Smith on signing CB Gabe Derricks, S Eric Brock and CB Dominique Daniels: "We felt we needed to get some legs in the secondary, so that's why we made the moves we did."

11:22 am Coach Mike Smith said WR Harry Douglas (knee), who fully participated Monday morning, is scheduled to play Thursday night against New England.

11:13 am CB Brian Williams (knee) participated fully Monday morning, which coach Mike Smith said was the second or third time he's done so. Williams was in team drills but has still been ruled out for Thursday's preseason game against New England.

10:49 am The Falcons signed S Eric Brock and CB Dominique Daniels. To make room, Atlanta released CB Daylan Walker.

10:49 am LT Tyson Clabo (undisclosed), who missed practice Sunday, practiced Monday morning.

10:48 am RB Jerious Norwood (hip flexor) practiced Monday morning.

NO mention of D. Moore.. hmmmm

11:41 am RB Jerious Norwood said he's been battling this hip flexor injury for 10 months. "Hopefully we have the problem fixed now so I can put on the pads and play ball," Norwood said.

The main problem with hip flexor injuries is they (like turf toe) can become chronic. In order to completely recover from a hip flexor injury, you must address the mobility, flexibility, balance, and strength issues that led to your injury. Otherwise, you are doomed to suffer a recurrence.

The main problem with hip flexor injuries is they (like turf toe) can become chronic. In order to completely recover from a hip flexor injury, you must address the mobility, flexibility, balance, and strength issues that led to your injury. Otherwise, you are doomed to suffer a recurrence.

Perhaps to be ethical, you should have referenced the information that you quoted from http://www.sports-injury-info.com/hip-flexor-injury.html

Edited by Tim Mazetti

Almost forgot about him. Coleman has beefed up a little bit and is starting to remind me more of Milloy. I like Schillinger, he's better than I thought he's be and could possibly be that replacement for Coleman down the stretch. Like I said Biermann would be.

Talking about the Law.. It's weird seeing #36 out there, albeit on R. Bush.

The Law was my fave player before he became too slow.

Don't think Coleman will ever be an enforcer in the same way, but I do believe he will improve on his last season.

Sounds like he needs to go with Abe to the off season program he uses to fix his groin problem and get the same help.