Let's vote. Do you like the new Web Site?

Rumbleman

176 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Web Site?

• Yes, I like it
    • No, I don't like it
    • Not sure yet
    • There's a new Web Site?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it fine, but I don't use it like some of y'all for videos and interviews. I go there for just basic information (like the schedule), and sometimes photographs and all of that seems to work fine.

Most anything relevant and important from there gets posted by someone in here anyway....

Voted not sure. I didn't have anywhere NEAR the problems with it that most were complaining about initially. But I am not crazy about all the mandatory advertisement watching in the video section, and it seems to slow my laptop down for some reason. The aesthetics could be improved. But overall, the information is there if you look for it, and that's the main thing I reckon.

Just like anything else, everybody is comfortable with the old things that they are used to. When something new comes along and people have to break out of their old routine, they don't like it to start with. I think by the end of the season, once people are familiar with the new site, they will love it.

JMO, coming from one who has dealt with design/OS changes in a work environment, don't listen too much to the initial gripes and complaints, unless it is technical and something does not work as it is supposed to. Once they get used to the new stuff, the gripes tend to go away.

Just like anything else, everybody is comfortable with the old things that they are used to. When something new comes along and people have to break out of their old routine, they don't like it to start with. I think by the end of the season, once people are familiar with the new site, they will love it.

JMO, coming from one who has dealt with design/OS changes in a work environment, don't listen too much to the initial gripes and complaints, unless it is technical and something does not work as it is supposed to. Once they get used to the new stuff, the gripes tend to go away.

This is true. We're rolling out Open Office @ my job, and I'm finding the same thing. I don't really mind the new website, but I do wonder if the video setup is "working as it's supposed to." Was watching vids last night, and I gotta say.... Freddie Falcon was getting on my nerves, and I may never shop @ Publix again.

Yeah, I am with you and Super. I use it for the basic stuff and it is fine with me. However, I will make my final decision when he have the first game and I can see if the board crashes.

These boards will always crash after a game as I understand it as even the best servers available cannot handle the traffic. It's ok by me because everybody wants to start their own off-the-cuff thread anyway. I've always found it better to wait until the next day or two to weigh in when things have settled and slowed down a bit and you won't see your thread fly off the first page with the speed of cyber-light and with no replies.

Create a shortcut to TATF on your desktop. Problem solved.;)

If it was just a link to the forums, you can just set a Bookmark (or Favorite if you are stuck in the Middle Ages), but the bottom line is, the 'new' Atlanta Falcons website just sucks, and 3 out of 4 of the responders agree with me.

If I was the designer, I'd be up night and day to get something like the 'old' and better, website back on line. Then, wait a few years for the next generation that wants to 'browse the semantics' instead of going straight to the schedule, roster, and other information they want that does not involve 'semantics'.

Seriously. You can overthink things. This new site is a good example.

i cant even get to this forum from that site. i dont like it.

The links are at the bottom of the front page now. There is a link directly to the MB, no more going to fans/falcons life/message boards or whatever that 2 or 3 step process was before. I think those were the steps, I just bookmarked the forums so I didn't have to go the home page unless I was looking for something there.