Spoon not very effective

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at the threads and reactions after our first preseason game.

In this case it's the reaction thats idiotic. It is a very apt topic whether anyone agrees or disagrees with the OP. What exactly is the preseason about if not player evaluation, especially the newer players? This topic is nothing more than the OP's evalution or opinion on a new player.

I never really saw where the OP trashed Spoon, and he even hopes that he does better. Yeah, it's the first preseason game, and I didn't read anything in the first post where this guy is talking as though Spoon is going to be a bust. I could certainly understand all of the reaction if he had gone that far, but he didn't. Personally I didn't see anything troubling from Spoon that I haven't seen from other rookies and even some vets, but again no suggestion from anyone that the guy is a bust which would truly ridiculous.

I just find this topic much more appropriate discussion point for now, than the other completely idiotic topics about play calling during the preseason.

Spoon surprised me, I thought he was the type of just LB that runs around blocks, but he is the type that can stack and shed. On one run play He meet the FB and stopped him in his tracks and knock him out of the frame. I don't know what the guy who started this topic is talking about, but we have a playmaker here guys. He looks like a rookie at times, but one with lots of talent.

Spoon surprised me, I thought he was the type of just LB that runs around blocks, but he is the type that can stack and shed. On one run play He meet the FB and stopped him in his tracks and knock him out of the frame. I don't know what the guy who started this topic is talking about, but we have a playmaker here guys. He looks like a rookie at times, but one with lots of talent.

+1

That is a huge thing that usually gets over looked. DT's do the same thing and it opens up space for LB's to attack gaps. Having LB's that can take on extra blockers (if they have them) will really open up things for DeCoud and Coleman to attack. I'm really excited to see this D when the regular season starts.